World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought with the Daybreak chick that went over to WoW Classic that WoW Classic Servers would get basically the same treatment as EQ TLP's. But this SOM shit is some lack luster shit on a grand scale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
ptdeu2w9yog81.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
This whole seasonal thing jsut needed more. Big huge problem is going through all this shit again for what? Harder bosses and 1-2 more pieces of same fucking loot? Season shit not even being available until youre 60 and pre BIS? Not enough. This shit needs to be special for people to grind for a week played to hit 60 (even with the 40% exp bonus) See EQ seasonal prog servers for a clue, lol. See POE for seasonal content. There is myriad of games they can copy concepts from. This just seemed lazy as fuck.

It seems like they didn't have any clear direction on what they wanted to do and just threw all of their ideas in the basket.

Hardcore mode? It's fun but it's shit how they implemented it. It needs its own dedicated server with the rules hard coded in.
100% bonus exp (was 40% until yesterday): Also fun but they didn't adjust the rest of the game to match, so you have to stop and grind at certain levels if you want to afford all of your skills and/or do tradeskills.
New mechanics on raid bosses? They've actually been pretty creative with some of the new boss mechanics, the problem is no one wants to grind their dicks for MC/BWL loot (esp with world buffs being disabled, instead they're popping 200g of consumables every try). especially with...
PvP out immediately with accelerated ranking: Another decent idea on it's own but it directly contradicts the new raid bosses. What's the point of these new bosses when you can get almost AQ40 level loot for running Alterac Valley?

It almost feels like this is a test run to try all their ideas out before the next "Season".

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's current_year Blizzard thinking creeping into it: in their minds the game is entirely about raiding so they just remade classic with harder raids. Anyone that remembered what MMORPGs were originally about (online worlds with RPG elements) has long since left the company.

I'm hoping Holly will get them on the TLP train, progression with some quality of life improvements seems to have kept EQ going quite well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had an officer like that back in the day that would get PISSED because some of us would go and play RIFT during downtime for funsies. The logic being that you always could do something to progress your character, and if you weren't you were a detriment to the guild and holding everyone back. K

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had an officer like that back in the day that would get PISSED because some of us would go and play RIFT during downtime for funsies. The logic being that you always could do something to progress your character, and if you weren't you were a detriment to the guild and holding everyone back. K
MMOs are srs bsns

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I managed to level my rogue to 41 with soul of iron on Jom before I lost it to a 49 druid in badlands tonight. Feelsbadman.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really wish Frost Mages had some more escapability & CC in Classic. Jesus Christ, fucking easy mode.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Going to have some free time on my hands for a bit so I fired up my 2box 70 Prot Pal & Priest again and transfered from Whitemane Ally (super dead) to Grobbulus ("RP PVP")if anyone's on that server.

I know it's Haram.

• 1Barf

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
When Zul’Gurub opens on March 3 at 3:00 p.m. PST, a new challenge awaits you. Hakkar the Soulflayer will now offer bonus loot.

First, players will now always receive a Primal Hakkari Idol when Hakkar is defeated. In addition to the Idol, extra pieces of gear will drop when Hakkar is defeated, and Priests or Priestesses are still alive:

• When you leave a specific Priest or Priestess alive and defeat Hakkar, then there is a guaranteed chance that a piece of rare or epic loot from that boss will drop from Hakkar.
    • Example: If you kill Hakkar and High Priestess Arlokk is still alive, you’ll get a guaranteed piece of Arlokk’s loot from from Hakkar, such as Will of Arlokk or Panther Hide Sack.
    • Example: If you kill Hakkar and both Venoxis and Thekal are still alive, you’ll get two additional pieces of loot, one from each boss, such as Fang of Venoxis and even the Swift Zulian Tiger.
This gives you an additional chance at a specific Priest or Priestess’s loot during your raid lockout. All you’ll need to do is kill Hakkar before killing that specific Priest or Priestess.

Invaders encroach upon holy ground! The Altar of Blood must be protected!

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
ZA is out on the TBCC servers.

BT/Hyjal attunes removed.

Heroics de-tuned and now only require honored.

Nethers/Vortexes tradeable.

CoT port in Shattrath.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's going to depend on whether you're starting fresh or have gold to buy boosts and gear. It's faster than classic but probably still 4-5 days /played to get to 60 and another 2 to get to 70, unless you play very casually and always have tons of rested xp.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting fresh. I started an alliance Paladin on Grobbulus last night. Character name Morlow if anyone has any free bags or anything to hand out! I did get lucky and had a 6-slot bag drop right off the bat for me though.

• 1Like