World of Warcraft: Classic

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Did AV as soon as I hit 61, ended up capping honor at 69.6. Not a bad gift for when you hit level cap!

(why yes the UI is atrocious, just like I want it!)

unknown.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Also, wow. There's a queue just to log in to battle.net lol. Only a minute or so, but lets check in again at prime time.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Actual wotlk launch is going to be insane. 2 more weeks.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
My favorite part of that screenshot, Rob, is the Mother's Milk quest that people spam in the AV setup.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
WoWScrnShot_091222_195842.jpg

Maladath Horde, name is Horeb - Someone send me a guild invite, please. Name was taken on most servers.

Have lvl 60 toons on Faerlina from original launch, not sure what can be done, if anything, with them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 433082

Maladath Horde, name is Horeb - Someone send me a guild invite, please. Name was taken on most servers.

Have lvl 60 toons on Faerlina from original launch, not sure what can be done, if anything, with them.
I imagine theyre going to open up transfers TO the server at some point and with that, a bunch of bitching from people complaining about the influx of gold to the server.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I imagine theyre going to open up transfers TO the server at some point and with that, a bunch of bitching from people complaining about the influx of gold to the server.

Given their track record 100% they will and have done this in the past. People would hope fresh servers would not have transfers but Blizzard cant help themselves.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
its been a little rough starting on an established server...but i also find myself caring less about shit on this. Like, what the fuck is the point in farming ashes or doing shit like that for collectibles on classic...

Its like, hey man...so I know we got you on meth on Retail, but here's some heroin too. Some of these people cannot be helped. I just want to kill bosses. I could give fuckall about collecting anything or even gear beyond its use as a tool. (Though...i'd mayyyyybe want a T-Mog system in a Classic "somechanges" server setup one day.....)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
its been a little rough starting on an established server...but i also find myself caring less about shit on this. Like, what the fuck is the point in farming ashes or doing shit like that for collectibles on classic...

Its like, hey man...so I know we got you on meth on Retail, but here's some heroin too. Some of these people cannot be helped. I just want to kill bosses. I could give fuckall about collecting anything or even gear beyond its use as a tool. (Though...i'd mayyyyybe want a T-Mog system in a Classic "somechanges" server setup one day.....)

This is the healthiest way to go classic if you play it. Don't worry about collecting shit and getting every rare drop, every faction maxxed. You guys did all that shit before, play the game as long as you enjoy it and do the minimal amount you can.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the Transfers to "Fresh Servers" thing; it's 90 days from when the servers sprung up, so end of November they should allow transfers. I think this also deals with faction swaps/etc on the servers as well.

I'm Rezz (Horde) on Maladath but have been busy with other things, and don't really have a guild. Joined one on my paladin while leveling for some green chat but it was literally just "soandso joins the guild." "Hey Soandso!" <2 hours later> "Soandso has left the guild" type spam, so definitely not a long term solution.

Caeden

This is the healthiest way to go classic if you play it. Don't worry about collecting shit and getting every rare drop, every faction maxxed. You guys did all that shit before, play the game as long as you enjoy it and do the minimal amount you can.
Yep. I was talking to my IRL buddy who was also a hardcore WoW addict up through legion like me and we came to the conclusion that if you love the Classic - Wrath era like us then you should never alt. Pick a new main each time to enjoy the class gameplay change ups and say fuckall to anything but maybe one or two mounts you like and most of the rep grinds you don't need for progression. Like netherwing? FUCK. THAT. Well, I'd do it to get gold for epic maybe.....dungeon and mat farming is still wayyyy more lucrative.

Caeden

Also, the biggest problem with most of the post LFR wow xpacs is that those of us like me that started getting more into the mythic and mythic plus shit is that LFR turned into see the story and the shit like Mage Tower...all cosmetic driven which is hard to push on Classic for me unless it translated back to retail which...why would it? WoW's core achievement and collection gameplay loop doesn't work very well with classic setups at all so far.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Aight forums bros really digging the DK combat gameplay, slightly more complex than classic classes, this is clearly the inspiration SE used for FF14 except they made their shit hellagay and added a 2.5 sec gcd which makes it boring.

Keep in mind i never played past vanilla back in the day. On classic I deployed right before tbc and when i came back 6 months later the forum guild had already disbanded so i never did tbc either.

Playing on a laptop right now while waiting for my shit to arrive from japan, and screen clutter is somewhat of an issue. With that being said i think this is the first class ive played that would really benefit from a weakaura or other ui mod to centralize all of the info on screen. Anyone got a suggestion?

Also on Maladath horde a full 30% of players are paladins and 20% are DKs. With warriors thats like 2/3 of the server wears plate. Which kinda eliminates the likelihood of effectively raiding, but I'm still gonna play DK cus this shit is fun. I never played wrath, but is there still like, dungeon pre-bis in wrath? Or does it go straight from quest greens to raid gear? And mythic? Hard mode? Is wrath when this becomes a thing?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt worry about the amount of DK's and Paladins - probably a good 80% of them will quit or reroll within a month or two. The reroll's will probably still use them as GDKP, but it is what it is. I log onto my resto druid and I get tells from random people to do groups. Thanks to Cup, the druid has some basic gear from kara but no where near geared up. Thats how desperate people are for healers and its just fucking prepatch at the moment.

At least with the Warlock that I went back around and started playing again, its mindless as fuck and no one ever bothers me. Warlock was kind of strong in TBC, but had mana issues. Now the mana issues are gone and Im killing shit 3-5 levels higher than me. Elites are still annoying cause they apparently become immune to fear, but theyre about out of health by that point anyways. I still cant wade into an area and wipe it out with relative ease, though. When did players start to be able to do that, MOP?

Caeden

FF14’s biggest problem is I spend too much time with talking and not enough time murdering.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

I wouldnt worry about the amount of DK's and Paladins - probably a good 80% of them will quit or reroll within a month or two. The reroll's will probably still use them as GDKP, but it is what it is. I log onto my resto druid and I get tells from random people to do groups. Thanks to Cup, the druid has some basic gear from kara but no where near geared up. Thats how desperate people are for healers and its just fucking prepatch at the moment.

At least with the Warlock that I went back around and started playing again, its mindless as fuck and no one ever bothers me. Warlock was kind of strong in TBC, but had mana issues. Now the mana issues are gone and Im killing shit 3-5 levels higher than me. Elites are still annoying cause they apparently become immune to fear, but theyre about out of health by that point anyways. I still cant wade into an area and wipe it out with relative ease, though. When did players start to be able to do that, MOP?
Wrath retail was the same way. By ulduar, a lot rerolled. I jumped to a more hardcore guild then and was only one of two reading DKs they had in ulduar through ICC. Tanks are always hard to come by.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah by the time naxx was done people rerolled a bunch in my guild back then, which is when i swapped to a ret pally from a holy priest/frost dk