World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm 4.1k gs on two characters after two resets. All I have left to get is weapons on each
I thought I knew how Gear Score worked back in this era - but I guess not. I would understand someone saying something ~3800, but 4100 confuses the shit out of me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
4k+ now should just mean they have pretty much all slots filled with 25M gear, doesnt necessarily mean its optimized what so ever though. Gearscore is garbage when people try and use it at some elitist tool, but fine if its just a general "oh.. you're relatively in a range of what you should be before you do X raid", so shitters like tanks that join a raid without defense cap dont get invited. (this has happened in half of the raids ive done since launch so far lol).

Unless it changed since back in the day, people would just pad their gearscore with shit they wouldnt even use just to inflate it due to the higher ilvl and stats, then swap back to what they usually wear.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4k+ now should just mean they have pretty much all slots filled with 25M gear, doesnt necessarily mean its optimized what so ever though. Gearscore is garbage when people try and use it at some elitist tool, but fine if its just a general "oh.. you're relatively in a range of what you should be before you do X raid", so shitters like tanks that join a raid without defense cap dont get invited. (this has happened in half of the raids ive done since launch so far lol).

Unless it changed since back in the day, people would just pad their gearscore with shit they wouldnt even use just to inflate it due to the higher ilvl and stats, then swap back to what they usually wear.
226 in every slot, including relic, (17x226) still only adds up to 3842. 3647 is BIS for my class/role for example. Then, with what you're saying - In that some of the 10 man stuff works better for classes than the 226 stuff. Especially when you take into account things like the normal mode COS's trinket, Soul Preserver (187). Or the variances in the item level with the bosses in each difficulty.

Again, I just dont understand the values that gearscore is using if it isnt actually using item level as the quantifier.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
226 in every slot, including relic, (17x226) still only adds up to 3842. 3647 is BIS for my class/role for example. Then, with what you're saying - In that some of the 10 man stuff works better for classes than the 226 stuff. Especially when you take into account things like the normal mode COS's trinket, Soul Preserver (187). Or the variances in the item level with the bosses in each difficulty.

Again, I just dont understand the values that gearscore is using if it isnt actually using item level as the quantifier.
its ilvl+rarity , so like a ilvl200 blue will be worth less gearscore then a same ilvl epic

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Things you cant say in WoW or you w ill get a 7 day suspension;

1666195536468.png

Their shit automated moderation tools make it confusing as to exactly what youre being reported for.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If people enjoyed playing with the < Casual > of Hyjal folks, there's about 10 of us in < Déjà Vu > and a few more roaming around on Atiesh. We're filling out the roster for Nax. Alliance Tue/Thu 6-9:30 PST. Send tells to Bag or Gasmask :D
You still have a group going on Atiesh-Alliance?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm on Mankrik, and I have a few flake friends on this server which is why I joined up on this server in the first place, but they done or are not going to be doing anything. Mankrik and Whitemane, where I have characters are both able to free transfer off, so I go and look at populations from the free transfer servers and none are Horde balanced... wtf...

Maybe it won't matter, because any of these servers are going to have more guild options on PST (server time) than Mankrik that's US-East. On Whitemane, all these guilds spamming for raids normal times, like 7-10, or 8-11, or 5-9, whatever, and it's so foreign to me not to convert that back to PST because I've played so long on US-East servers.

1666216372559.png

1666216388573.png

1666216403341.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
You want a good laugh at some players look at the mage in our half pug run tonight, I was dying between them and the hunter we kicked pretty quickly

mage we kept for the laughs but the hunter was legit either a brain damaged 5 year old or a legit Chinese bot lmao

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You want a good laugh at some players look at the mage in our half pug run tonight, I was dying between them and the hunter we kicked pretty quickly

mage we kept for the laughs but the hunter was legit either a brain damaged 5 year old or a legit Chinese bot lmao

Good god. I feel much better.

Also we have loot drama. 15 year old game. Loot drama. And people talking about how ulduar is why loot needs to be handled certain ways. Look at how fast any TBC content was beat. Hard content isn’t going to be as hard.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Also we have loot drama. 15 year old game. Loot drama. And people talking about how ulduar is why loot needs to be handled certain ways. Look at how fast any TBC content was beat. Hard content isn’t going to be as hard.

If there is any loot drama it should be over legendaries or 1% drop mounts at most. If it's over anything else instantly leave that group of retards.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
How are queues these days on the big servers? I have a character on Grobbulus but I don't want to resub if it's still 3+ hour queues in prime time.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Things you cant say in WoW or you w ill get a 7 day suspension;

View attachment 438852

Their shit automated moderation tools make it confusing as to exactly what youre being reported for.
God damn fucking blue hairs, I get warnings every other day for the dumbest shit. Even when I'm not even trolling

The usual reply I get back from the blue hairs is "Ooo someone is trying to be a try-hard edgelord". They literally have a term for everything.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I love how the mage's patchwerk used spells were 90% just hard casting arcane missiles, incredible lmao
I'm 100% certain they would have wiped us on thaddius if they had managed to make it over the jump as well, which i 100% assumed they wouldnt. Good times babysitting retarded children

Needless

Toe Sucker
How are queues these days on the big servers? I have a character on Grobbulus but I don't want to resub if it's still 3+ hour queues in prime time.

Pretty sure all of the servers queues have calmed down now, I can check later though to see. The playerbase in general seemed to have dropped off hard from what ive been seeing on my server the past few days.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy having 10 and 25 man content.

Main raids are over for the week so we did a 10 man 3 drake Sarth run last night. Just a neat little encounter.

Warcraft Logs

We also gave naxx Undying a shot. We were doing great until someone messed up the iceblock on Saph. *sad price is right losing noise*

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I enjoy having 10 and 25 man content.

Main raids are over for the week so we did a 10 man 3 drake Sarth run last night. Just a neat little encounter.

Warcraft Logs

We also gave naxx Undying a shot. We were doing great until someone messed up the iceblock on Saph. *sad price is right losing noise*

Our tank gets people killed on sapp too by staying near the center, if he gets ice blocked a lot of newbies will die from it lmao
But we do a lot of trolly shit in these raids whenever we grab a pug
I assume well start actually going for these achivements next week on 10M