World of Warcraft: Classic

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well... I mean, that's not exactly how Wintergrasp works but the controlling faction can raid the Vault of Archavon while the other cannot, at least until the timer pops and the battle begins again. It had a timer and I think (been years, can't remember) the start time for the battle would be broadcast globally. That said, I don't remember there being anything super crazy important from the Vault if you were already doing Naxx or beyond, just that it was another raid target and it was PVP that was required to open it. Well, someone doing PVP.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I suppose poor implementation is to blame there, the lockouts being a week long and so many wg battles happened I didn't even notice.

Plus when I played back in the day there was only like 1 boss in there, by the time I was in icc none of the gear mattered.

Voa is definitely nice to fill in spots if you didn't have alternate raid gear for those slots.

In the daoc equivalent, you would have to basically win wg to raid icc.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll also add I fucking hate wintergrasp, what a long boring bg. The turtling by design and how long it takes just drives me crazy. Rarely do I ever make it through the whole match before I die of boredom.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll also add I fucking hate wintergrasp, what a long boring bg. The turtling by design and how long it takes just drives me crazy. Rarely do I ever make it through the whole match before I die of boredom.
I remember WOTLK fondly as much as the next person, but my rose colored glasses arent dark enough to blind me to the fact that Blizzard thought vehicle combat was the next greatest thing since sliced bread. That part of Ulduar and that BS in WG can eat a dick. I was lucky enough to be on a server that constantly had WG flipping back and forth but those that didnt were surely fucked. Its amazing it took them almost a decade and a half to think of Warmode.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Lol pronoun people!

I've run into a few of those recently and can understand completely.

Maybe an <ultra maga> guild is in order?

Probably would get banned in less than 24 hours on blizz servers.
Make a guild called <No Pronouns>.

Have a homosexual guildmaster as a shield.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would have been nice if they would have introduced an objective pve players would want. Like darkness falls(?) in daoc. Whoever wins the pvp, gets the dungeon with good loot inside that only that faction could enter until next reset.

But the average wow player would have thrown a fucking fit, like everything to ever exist.

Just not much point in world pvp for the average raider.

They have that in wrath. Wintergrasp. You win and you can do a boss and get a buff. Plus more resources show up for your side until the next fight.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Make a guild called <No Pronouns>.

Have a homosexual guildmaster as a shield.

sadris sadris will you be our gay beard and protect us from the SJWs?

6qasw9.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Anyone experienced with TBC mages?

I'm still leveling but shooting for this build for max burst in open world and no I don't give a shit about stupid Frost Meta bullshit.

AP POM Pyro > Fireblast > Blast Wave > Arcane Missiles

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There appears to be a.. lot.. of people that are going to play WOTLK. Tons of people that had no interest in classic/tbc (myself included). Im highly interested to see how high the population is going to get for WOTLK.
I had very fond memories of classic and TBC, but not from wotlk . That tournament things was so fucking gay my butthole still itches. the dailies.. oh the horror.
I had completly ereased Wintergrasp from my memories. Pugging HM The Occulus costed me years of therapy.
The last patch with the big raid and the 2 or 3 instances was pretty cool though. Ulduar was neat, but naxx was just microwaved leftovers from the A-team.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wotlk just has a lot of good raiding that has difficult fights that give a good sense of accomplishment sprinkled all over.

4 horsemen and KT for naxx.
Almost every fight in ulduar had a nice learning curve and beating yogg just makes you feel good.

Twins in toc is decent... No love for that raid really.

Icc is full of cock fights that feel great to progress through, lady deathwhisper is really the only whatever fight.

Marrowgar, gunship, saurfang, fester, rotgut, putricide all great mechanic heavy fights.

Council, blood queen, valithri, sindragosa are all challenging, valithri would be the only fight that errs on being a pain depending on how many healers you have.

The lich king is the pinnacle of the raiding in wotlk, it is hard, very mechanic heavy, full of lore and extremely rewarding both in loot/titles and satisfaction requiring everyone on the raid has to be on their game to beat.

If someone has a lk title you at least know they aren't trash.

Ruby sanctum is another raid that hardly anyone talks about but its just as rewarding as the other fights in icc, trying to pug rs is just damn near impossible. While not exactly hard, it's basically Thaddius with a dps check.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
How could I forget shadowmourne? Finally a legendary as iconic as thunderfury was.

The sheer power in that weapon is god tier and not everyone will have one but those who do are on another level.

Some people hate it but it's definitely something that makes me just drool in envy.

Shame i went mage but I doubt id find a guild that would give me one anyways lol

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
How could I forget shadowmourne? Finally a legendary as iconic as thunderfury was.

The sheer power in that weapon is god tier and not everyone will have one but those who do are on another level.

Some people hate it but it's definitely something that makes me just drool in envy.

Shame i went mage but I doubt id find a guild that would give me one anyways lol

One in every 10 warriors/rogues had a Warglaive on Grobb, pretty sure for Shadowmoure it'll be the same for that too lol.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tanked as DK and was number 2 on the Shadowmourne list. Our DK dps got his first obviously. Then immediately quit the fucking game. Completely. Didn’t even run another ICC. I was pissed. We had no rets or DPS warriors. It was me and him and the guild petered out of doing shit right then. I still tanked through firelands in cata and shadowmourne guy never came back.

My friends but I’m still a little salty all these years later.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I tanked as DK and was number 2 on the Shadowmourne list. Our DK dps got his first obviously. Then immediately quit the fucking game. Completely. Didn’t even run another ICC. I was pissed. We had no rets or DPS warriors. It was me and him and the guild petered out of doing shit right then. I still tanked through firelands in cata and shadowmourne guy never came back.

My friends but I’m still a little salty all these years later.
I won the Garrosh mount back in SOO in that guilds very first kill of him. They said "Roll for mount" I rolled, won, looted and scooted. I didnt find out till reset that officer chat and tells were going ape shit about me winning the mount. I had only been in the guild for like 3? 4 weeks? lol Fucks shouldnt have said "roll" if they wanted to keep it inside their little clique. I really wouldnt have cared - mounts dont get me off like they do for some people. After that clear, I did another clear? Maybe two? Then put down the expansion till WoD. I imagine there are people from that guild that still feel butt hurt all these years later.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Wotlk just has a lot of good raiding that has difficult fights that give a good sense of accomplishment sprinkled all over.

4 horsemen and KT for naxx.
They absolutely castrated 4h for wotlk. It was hilarious watching them all run to their respective corners like the school bell just rang.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I won the Garrosh mount back in SOO in that guilds very first kill of him. They said "Roll for mount" I rolled, won, looted and scooted. I didnt find out till reset that officer chat and tells were going ape shit about me winning the mount. I had only been in the guild for like 3? 4 weeks? lol Fucks shouldnt have said "roll" if they wanted to keep it inside their little clique. I really wouldnt have cared - mounts dont get me off like they do for some people. After that clear, I did another clear? Maybe two? Then put down the expansion till WoD. I imagine there are people from that guild that still feel butt hurt all these years later.
Yep. That’s on them.

I did find out that at least two officers knew that was DKs plan. I forget what all you had to funnel to a player for shadowmourne? Some fragments? I dunno. At least the dude that got the ulduar healer mace stuck with us. It’s ultimately just stupid pixels. And on a character I haven’t seen since 2018 at this point. MMOs are really dumb with the FOMO and attachment. I guess it’s not the game’s fault. I always had a hard time stopping an MMO at a certain point of investment.

Daidraco

Yep. That’s on them.

I did find out that at least two officers knew that was DKs plan. I forget what all you had to funnel to a player for shadowmourne? Some fragments? I dunno. At least the dude that got the ulduar healer mace stuck with us. It’s ultimately just stupid pixels. And on a character I haven’t seen since 2018 at this point. MMOs are really dumb with the FOMO and attachment. I guess it’s not the game’s fault. I always had a hard time stopping an MMO at a certain point of investment.
Here is your questline.

Any guild that gives that ulduar legendary to a priest shall be shot on sight
Dont tempt me bruh. Ill make a Disc Priest and get every piece out of spite! No for real though, is it Druid that benefits the most from that hammer because of the HOT's?

• 1Like