World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not for when you're trying to get from rank 1 to rank 3 on a new char!
What he's saying is you could pop all 5 of your instant completes and still be stuck waiting for the new mission spawns until X number of hours later (effectively making your instant completes pointless).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh so it doesn't respawn ANY new missions, not just the particular type you instant completed? Well that's stupid.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They don't speed up the spawn timer for missions in shipyard so they are rather pointless.
They are most useful during the level up process of a naval yard from what I can see. When you need to bang through x missions for next level but only have a limited number of boats I found the scrolls allowed me to speed it up a bit. It does NOT make missions spawn any faster but with a rank 1 shipyard you can't really punch through all the available ones before they repopulate barring blowing a shit ton of those scrolls. They are also nice from time time if you have two big missions that need the same boats to use sometimes I will burn one just to complete one mission fast and then redirect boats onto the next mission rather than having to wait till the next day to do it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They are most useful during the level up process of a naval yard from what I can see. When you need to bang through x missions for next level but only have a limited number of boats I found the scrolls allowed me to speed it up a bit. It does NOT make missions spawn any faster but with a rank 1 shipyard you can't really punch through all the available ones before they repopulate barring blowing a shit ton of those scrolls. They are also nice from time time if you have two big missions that need the same boats to use sometimes I will burn one just to complete one mission fast and then redirect boats onto the next mission rather than having to wait till the next day to do it.
They are nice if you have the layered treasure map buffs and high-gold missions in them.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't even be assed to level my garrison on any alts, shit is so boring and stupid. FACK IT
There will be a new one in Legion apparently, maybe slightly less boring to mantain, I wish I could just flat out ignore it and let it rot in the hell it deserves. Fucking Facebook game in a MMO.
On the other hand, I'm completing (well, on route) my tour among class forums about the current alpha state. I would really love to find one single truly happy class/spec. It seems to me that most of these changes are just for the sake of changing. Completely doing an upside down on most classes playingstyles and making roles like healing or tanking more tedious and less rewarding is definitely a very risky move.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The design theory on healers is that all healer players are masochists anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I hate every single aspect of garrisons. There is not a single redeeming factor for me.

I don't know why they have such a boner for people being recluses and then being able to queue/join anything right from there. If you have the AH inside your garrison you can never leave and never encounter another player in the wild.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I hate every single aspect of garrisons. There is not a single redeeming factor for me.

I don't know why they have such a boner for people being recluses and then being able to queue/join anything right from there. If you have the AH inside your garrison you can never leave and never encounter another player in the wild.
This is because blizzard has shifted its view on WoW to be more of a single player game you play along with other people.
Then you have some co-op content (dungeons and raids) and competitive content (bgs and arena) to go with.

I'm tired of being the hero of azeroth, I wish I could go back to being just another cog in the machine.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
On the other hand, I'm completing (well, on route) my tour among class forums about the current alpha state. I would really love to find one single truly happy class/spec. It seems to me that most of these changes are just for the sake of changing. Completely doing an upside down on most classes playingstyles and making roles like healing or tanking more tedious and less rewarding is definitely a very risky move.
I've not played the latest build but I'm pretty happy with how mm hunters play in legion. The only thing I didn't like was that the talent that can proc a pet is cool, but those pets have a taunt that can't be turned off so it's pretty much limited to solo play.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having 8 Level 3 Garrisons/ship yards is tedious but it goes pretty fast for the gold. It is stupid how much gold a player can make off the shipyards a month. I used to farm dungeons for gold but have not bothered doing that in months. Now a 1000 Gold is what 10 gold used to be in Vanilla. Working on my 9th though and will have the monk with his garrison and yard soon. I am really curious as to how much they maintain the trend in the next expansion. That all said, I would not even bother with this if I was not building up play time for my wife's and my account. I have no problem with saving $288.00 a year.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having 8 Level 3 Garrisons/ship yards is tedious but it goes pretty fast for the gold. It is stupid how much gold a player can make off the shipyards a month. I used to farm dungeons for gold but have not bothered doing that in months. Now a 1000 Gold is what 10 gold used to be in Vanilla. Working on my 9th though and will have the monk with his garrison and yard soon. I am really curious as to how much they maintain the trend in the next expansion. That all said, I would not even bother with this if I was not building up play time for my wife's and my account. I have no problem with saving $288.00 a year.
Hopefully they are on different bnet accounts, otherwise you're going to run into the 36tokens/24month wall that I already ran into on mine. It's pretty dumb that they don't even warn you about the limit until you hit it. It's not even talked about in the token FAQ, just some secondary post made in the middle of last summer that I didn't even know to look for until AFTER hitting said limit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Wife's account is a separate account. It will be difficult to get both our accounts paid that far in advance before the expansion, even with all the gold I am making.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There will be a new one in Legion apparently, maybe slightly less boring to mantain, I wish I could just flat out ignore it and let it rot in the hell it deserves.
There doesn't seem to be any building and similar stuff to set and maintain, the only thing I've seen mentioned that's upgradable is the Artifact forge.

Seem it's more of a location where you have a bunch of followers hanging around (and it's a shared space, not a personal instance), and you pick your daily, pick a team to help with scouts, bodyguard, etc. and then go harvest some Artifact Power to level your Artifacts.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
After resurrecting the rogue for a bit, I really wish I could have a dps class that just has to swap talents around for a fight instead of entire specs and gear sets. That's my class fantasy. Especially heading into legion with artifact weapons and relics to consider.

Of course, that pretty much just leaves Monk, Paladin, and Demon Hunter.

Khane

So if I wanted to make a Cataclysm timewalking set is it best to farm up the 50 coins, turn them in for the 3 extra rolls and just do SoO? Is Mythic SoO soloable for an ilvl 695 prot warrior?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So if I wanted to make a Cataclysm timewalking set is it best to farm up the 50 coins, turn them in for the 3 extra rolls and just do SoO? Is Mythic SoO soloable for an ilvl 695 prot warrior?
Not really. It's still not hard to grab a couple folks who want to run just for transmog.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The coins are the same for all timewalking vendors. Just do 1 on any week it is being run. First end boss drops quest item to turn in for 500 coins. Save them for whatever.

Khane

The coins are the same for all timewalking vendors. Just do 1 on any week it is being run. First end boss drops quest item to turn in for 500 coins. Save them for whatever.
Sorry I misspoke I meant 50 charms of lesser fortune, not coins. For extra rolls on SoO drops. I was planning on making a TW set because I eventually want the 5000 badge mounts. Though I guess just doing 10 events on a character isn't a bad option. I don't need the mount right away.