World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brawlers guild if and when they bring it back is some of the most challenging solo content besides soloing raids from 1xpac ago.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
His preference is hard solo content. What does Legion offer a player like him?

Ooof. To be honest, one of the things I noticed about this expansion is that it is a fair bit more dungeon-centric. The zone quests all funnel you toward them, even crafting sends you to them. So like the complete opposite of what it sounds like your father's preference is. Of course, they are all well done and worth doing a bit just to see them, in my opinion; pretty cool stuff.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I see no reason why they would get rid of Brawler's Guild. The content is already there. Love that shit. Season 3 will start in a while. Let's see if Elemental rapes again this time around.

Small Nerd Rant:

I don't read WoW books or anything but I do read quest text the first time around and pay attention to things. With that in mind. The timeline on the Huln story in Highmountain makes zero sense. Huln fought in the War of the Ancients. Afterwards his people in Highmountain defended themselves from Deathwing by stealing the hammer and banishing him. But they also mention that he was covered in goblin plating they couldn't penetrate even with the Eagle Spear which didn't happen until The Dark Portal in WCII and reinforced or whatver in Cataclysm.

MAH IMMERSION BOYS!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Where's the app? Should unlock my third relic slot on my artifactand finish first artifact research today.

Also ran my first 3 mythics with a guild group last night. They weren't too bad. Had a few wipes due to me herp derping on a mechanic. Violet hold trash in p3 sucks as a tank I must say. Used clickies for that. Bosses were jokes. Really hope I can bang out most mythics and get close to ilvl 850 this week.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How are the Heroic dungeon queue groups? Is it a mess of noobs or do they roll pretty smoothly?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Due to being busy, I'm just about to hit Suramar today and hope to start banging out mythics later this week. Also been kinda distracted due to achievement hunting and various things. Will be raid ready in a few weeks though when they start. So much to do!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
How are the Heroic dungeon queue groups? Is it a mess of noobs or do they roll pretty smoothly?
Solo queued a few times when satchel was reward for tanks. All of them when smooth. Heroics are laughable, really. Pretty sure soon I could solo a few boss fights.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did a couple dozen. I had one bad experience with a healer who literally didn't heal me between encounters and bitched about how much damage I was taking. We died 5 times on that run. I have zero deaths in any other heroic. Everything is still tank and spank pretty much.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm waiting for the Legion App too. I am on the 3rd of 5 12 hours mission for the class campaign. I started at 9PM so should be ready now, but I am at work and won't be able to start the next one. I feel like I am losing a day.

Hopefully it will come out soon enough for me to start it, and still be able to start the next one tonight before heading out to bed.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was very excited when I finished the 5th of 5 Class Quest missions... and then promptly had another set of 5 one step later. Now about to finish the second wave of 5. I still haven't even done heroic dungeons yet as my ilevel is 809, mostly getting dragged down by the ilevel of my artifact.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ehh to break that ilvl it may be worth it to blow 10kish gold on crafted gear if you have it. Idk how other armors are, but leather was 2k or so a piece for 815 gear.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ooof. To be honest, one of the things I noticed about this expansion is that it is a fair bit more dungeon-centric. The zone quests all funnel you toward them, even crafting sends you to them. So like the complete opposite of what it sounds like your father's preference is. Of course, they are all well done and worth doing a bit just to see them, in my opinion; pretty cool stuff.

Yes it is pretty noticible how much more integrated the dungeons are with the story lines of the various zones. You will wind up doing each one at least a few times if you are trying to do all the various story line completes/crafting stuff. Other than the thicket I have enjoyed them all and it looks like there are a bunch more that only unlock once you get to heroic dungeon mode.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why does everyone that Thicket? Not a bad dungeon really.

not bad just a bit bland. Although as a skinner it is pretty nice for materials.

Overall I am done with all the initial launch points but high mountain about halfway through that right now and was 110 before even starting high mountain. Overall the expansion is excellent so far although the underbelly FFA pvp stuff makes me wonder what the hell the devs were thinking. Yes lets pack a couple hundred people in a small area turn on free for all pvp and see if we can make their computers explode.

The tradeskill quests are pretty interesting so far and tradeskilling looks like it should be in a lot better shape than it was in WOD.

One oddity is you deal with a lot of things stirred up by the legion but not a ton of direct legion fights so far although once suramar fully opens that may be more prevelent.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think people just find it bland. I don't think there is a single thing in it that make you go "Oh, that's cool", either visually or mechanically.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The zone design is vastly different than WoD (Where they went out of there way to make running around on ground mounts as painful as possible).

leather working barding is pretty excellent too. Slap that on and its 8 hours of you can't get dazed or dismounted while riding. So you can just blitz past everything on a ground mount no fuss/no bother.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just to clarify something. For all intensive purposes all Armor slot items apply to any spec you happen to be. The different items for tanking/healing/DPS are mostly trinkets and Artifact Relics...

Does this seem right?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just to clarify something. For all intensive purposes all Armor slot items apply to any spec you happen to be. The different items for tanking/healing/DPS are mostly trinkets and Artifact Relics...

Does this seem right?
Yes, but some to caveat, some specs have different secondary stat priorities.