World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Kind of absurd to grind that much on a weapon that were just tossing after this xpac

Also losing the tools and stats you gain from it.. Seems like shit design
It's a talent system. They redo their talent system every expansion, so it's not unprecedented.

However, they're going to need a severe change when 8.0 hits, and alts are expected to rush thru the Legion "era" between Draenor and whatever.

*EDIT*
My guess is that, on 8.0, the artifact talent area will empty, and you're just going to have relics for the ilvl upgrade.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a talent system. They redo their talent system every expansion, so it's not unprecedented.

However, they're going to need a severe change when 8.0 hits, and alts are expected to rush thru the Legion "era" between Draenor and whatever.

It would simply be a matter of having the artifact research take hours instead of days and up the cap on how many you can queue. Cut the cost cut the time down to a few hours per knowledge and you could wind up getting your artifacts tooled up super fast.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, the Hyjal FOH guild is 7/7 Heroic too, and we're trying to fill out a 20 roster to start Mythic. Making a Mythic Group in less than two months from the ground up isnt the easiest thing in the world. Making one with friends is a huge amount better than joining some random clowns you dont know.

And I would say you really shouldnt be grinding your AP anyways. You do more damage, hp/s or tank better, but its marginal once you're in your last amount of traits. I just go about playing and get 20-30k ap a night from the stuff I do. If I was trying to focus on it, I really dont think I would achieve much more than maybe another 10k extra.

Besides, we're not really sure we'll just be "dumping" the work put into this artifact next expansion. It would surprise me at all if they came up with some type of lore that would allow you to get a head start on the next artifact. Because you can bet this wont be the last time they do an artifact with the way they are so in love with the system.

Also, for Spriests - You can get by pretty easy by using Legacy of the Void over S2M. Instead of 480k, you're doing 310k. Big difference, but 310k isnt anything to scoff at, either (My numbers). Ive started viewing S2M as a tool to get the raid by when we're losing by less than 20%. S2M requires too much concentration and focus to use it every single time. Regardless of how much I want to swing my big dick dps around.

Warcraft Logs - although a great tool to help you get up out of the low brackets and into the 70%+ brackets - is too easy to cheese. A Spriest can go ape shit and dot / cleave everything in Eye, getting Legendary status on Warcraft Logs. But how fucking dumb is that? Be aware of that fact and dont read into the logs 'too much!"

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Nice and easy when you join a guild already clearing heroic

Just last week you were asking on discord "how do I get to the raid"

It's funny because I had them Summon me to each encounter because I only read the strats not how to get to them.

And ahem, I was there for this guild first HM Cenarius we are still in progression mode.

The fact remains is before a_skeleton_02 they were 5/7, now they are 6/7 and will be 7/7 Thursday.

I'm basically riding my old achievements proving I was not awful at one time. Though with my shot in the arm from last night and some talent tweaking i'm ready for Thursday.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's funny because I had them Summon me to each encounter because I only read the strats not how to get to them.

And ahem, I was there for this guild first HM Cenarius we are still in progression mode.

The fact remains is before a_skeleton_02 they were 5/7, now they are 6/7 and will be 7/7 Thursday.

I'm basically riding my old achievements proving I was not awful at one time. Though with my shot in the arm from last night and some talent tweaking i'm ready for Thursday.
Sorry to inform you tiggles. You seem to be flagged as a minority, making you have an invisible buff that increasea mitigation/healing/damage. You joined an Obama-son guild that gets affirmative action. Shower extra long tonight

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's literally one central room with portals that bring you to the next encounter. There is no "way to get to them". How did they not kick you for asking how to get to the next encounter?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
\
It's literally one central room with portals that bring you to the next encounter. There is no "way to get to them". How did they not kick you for asking how to get to the next encounter?

Because i'm the greatest shaman ever to play wow

Running some more mythic+ tonight

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Sorry to inform you tiggles. You seem to be flagged as a minority, making you have an invisible buff that increasea mitigation/healing/damage. You joined an Obama-son guild that gets affirmative action. Shower extra long tonight

Wrong I have Orc Privlidge that allows me to surpass players who have been playing for much longer than I and skip content that normal players struggle on base on the color of my skin and the Orctriarchy

Have you guys killed Heroic birdspider? she's a bitch. I can give you some neat strats if you want.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think the bigger problem is their current design really doesn't give a 'wow' moment. And there is so much dissatisfaction with the legion legendary system that I don't think they can even salvage it at this point.

And really... people who do get a legendary probably feel a relief for finally getting one... and then their next feeling is another relief if it is good... or more dissatisfaction if they are unlucky with the kind of drop they got. I don't think the feeling they wanted players to feel is even part of it anymore at this point in time.

But... super congrats though, I am glad you got a useful legendary. :)

Actually I don't have one - but I'm just a dirty casual who only does LFR and the occasional dungeon. Not even going to start the research for a second one until I get the first or have a massive surplus of order resources.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be playing either way but I will say that between M+, the AP grind and raids, I find more than enough to do on just one character every day. This far into WOD and there was raids and...uhh...yeah. Nothing else.

On that topic, completed M+ 10 CoS last night with about a minute to spare. Felt good. We're pushing hard for 15 this week/next. Will need to get lucky on the keystone upgrades (no BRH please), but I think we're within range.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I went through simcraft, and it's telling me haste is my most important secondary... literally: Agi (8.13) > Haste (6.71) > Vers (5.53) > Mastery (5.49) > Crit (4.80)
This just does not seem right...

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Kind of absurd to grind that much on a weapon that were just tossing after this xpac

Also losing the tools and stats you gain from it.. Seems like shit design

Doesn't matter at the end of Legion, your class will be rewritten for the next expansion anyway (last entry in that category: Draenor perks).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We used to call them the S-Team

And I'm all for it, just not something I think the Friday/Monday crowd will ever be ready for or want to do. Too many slackers.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went through simcraft, and it's telling me haste is my most important secondary... literally: Agi (8.13) > Haste (6.71) > Vers (5.53) > Mastery (5.49) > Crit (4.80)
This just does not seem right...

Message me later tonight and I'll go over it with you, step by step, using your character. Ill be done with tonight's raid by 9:15, likely. So anytime around then. I'm online now, but only at the computer every 10-20.