World of Warcraft: Current Year

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'd say depends on what your goals is. If it's to mythic raid or the high mythic + dungeons, then you will probably want to know the inns and outs of your spec(Stat weights, how to sim, proper rotation etc). If not either of those things, then it doesn't really matter.

I don't know what would be THAT new since the wrath era. Stuff changes for every class every expac and every expac has its own mechanics and structures that are only dependent on itself. There's never been a WoW expansion where you couldn't level a character and figure out what you're doing by time you cap. If you want to figure out the basics and use the 100 boost right away, watch a 15 minute YouTube guide to the spec and you'll be fine.

About the only non third grade level thing is addons, and to start you can grab ElvUI or similar and be fine.

Of course there's a ton of minutiae to Legion, but that's every expac and you don't need to know anything about the previous ones to play now.

Having not played since early Cata myself, it took me about a week to get back in to the flow of things if that helps.

Thanks for the feedback, broskis.

I'm not one to be intimidated by my class/spec, but it's the general game that has me shitstormed. I am 10+ years behind in MMO's especially, where I read about all this garrison/daily/currency grinding etc. and I never had any of those layers.

If, say, the core game is a one-layer cake, that's cool. From the outside it just feels like WoW (and EQ has done this, too, though to a lesser extent) has become a ten layer ice-cream cake with ten different flavors and here I am staring at it like "WTF I just want chocolate cake."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wow does an incredible job of explaining things to you as they come up. It's not like the old days where you were just thrust in and had to figure everything out.

Quests are always breadcrumbs and if you get lost on where to go next they put a board up in the main cities. When you level it tells you what new spells you got and what dungeons opened up.

I would say it's a very easy game to get into.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
@Deathwing I don't keyboard turn anymore! I un-bound left/right turn and replaced it with strafe, so then Q & E were rebound to other abilities. Was so amazing doing that!

Rerolled some toons on Stormrage Alliance. Alliance is bad ass.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
No idea who Exorsus is but I'll agree that the legendary system is shit all around. I'd rather see all legendaries be DPS or be utility. However, there shouldn't be spec-specific ones, they should be general to the class. I really don't like how artifact/legendaries have locked characters into specific specs in this expac.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they can't balance legendaries(and it's blizzard so I am going to assume they never can, just look at the new ones) just make it a token system and let people "buy" the one they want for a token.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If they can't balance legendaries(and it's blizzard so I am going to assume they never can, just look at the new ones) just make it a token system and let people "buy" the one they want for a token.

But...but...that takes away the excitement!!!

Seriously, though, the only feelings so far I've felt from legendaries were relief on my first one that it wasn't a Sephuz or a Prydaz, and then back to back disappointment when I got a Prydaz and then a Sephuz on my alt.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sephuz owner checking in. Legendary system is one of the most disappointing things they've done. Not that they are required for 99% of the playerbase, but it feels bad knowing you got the wrong ones and they are time gated until you can get the right ones. I guess the best mind set to have is be happy with all the things they did right and not let the roadblocks hold you back.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No idea who Exorsus is but I'll agree that the legendary system is shit all around. I'd rather see all legendaries be DPS or be utility. However, there shouldn't be spec-specific ones, they should be general to the class. I really don't like how artifact/legendaries have locked characters into specific specs in this expac.
The "solution" to the legendary system is simple: remove caps, extend bad luck protection. You should have exactly the same chance of getting a legendary at a given point, regardless of how many you have.

That's the only way you remove the syndrome of "shit, I got XXXX, now I'm fucked, I'll never have a good legendary".

I understand the naive thinking of being excited when you suddenly get the orange message. But in practice, having a different chance of looting a second/third/sixth legendary vs your first means that anyone who didn't get their best one feels screwed.

So, remove any cap (which may or may not exist, I'm not convinced there's a softcap. We're talking about tiny % chances, extended over very varying time, and it's close to impossible to figure out if there's a real "4" limit or if it's entirely an artifact - ahah - of dice rolls). Reset the bad luck protection when you get a legendary drop, but get it rolling again. Done. Mostly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Not convinced of any caps here, there's no way they have a big enough sample to claim that as fact like they do. Although I absolutely agree that the chances should stay the same and there should not be a cap on them (and Blizzard has enough dumb in them to have retarded checks and balances for the drop chance of legendaries).

I'm absolutely against dropped tokens and then buying them from a vendor, defeats the whole idea. Instead, fucking balance them properly, don't make stupid weak ones, and have a long and interesting quest line in place that finishes with one legendary of your choice (pre-emptive duh: don't release new ones after players finish the quest or give the new ones their own quest).

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
What the shit happened to just being the best of the best being enough reward?

FUCK the PvE race if this is their mindset.."We need monies to play the game at the top tier"...Fuck them.

FUCK I'M FUCKING TRIGGERED