World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well... they were 5th! But then they got suspended for a bit for exploiting.

That's hysterical though. Taking 3 weeks vacation any time a new raid tier releases.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just noticed that the slight nerfs to PTR Guardian Druid rage generation haven't been discussed here. GG is down to 8 rage and Gory Fur down to 25% rage reduction. Both very minor from live. Also, I think SoTF was doing more than 6 rage in a previous PTR patch, but whatever.

I think the bigger problem here is that GG makes the guardian druid rotation tolerable. Thrash, Swipe, and Mangle would be pretty boring even if SoTF turns out to be better for rage and damage than GG.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, it makes spamming maul and still being able to keep both defensives up a lot less likely.

I was going to log onto the PTR and test Soul because of the buff and was wondering if it's good enough to maybe switch to Vicious Bites relics but I'm far too lazy.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm guessing someone like Slootbag makes substantially more then 30k a year. I know Toweliee for sure does
Yeah. I said pretty easy. Some of the top end guys make a comfortable amount. You also have to be really good at the game or really good at getting people to watch you play a game.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I said pretty easy. Some of the top end guys make a comfortable amount. You also have to be really good at the game or really good at getting people to watch you play a game.
Which is why someone like sodapoppin surprises me. Wtf does he bring to the table? And yet there's a snippet of his stream up on YouTube where he shows his twitch control panel and was up to $8k for just 1 Sunday. Wtf?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i've never watched a stream but I watched some youtube of the Sodapoppin guy playing ARK or something? seemed kinda funny, could understand how he has viewers (from the crowd that enjoys watching people play video games, at least)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never watched him but somehow he gets people to watch. His hall of fame says some dude has given him 50k. Like who the fuck gives a streamer 50k? Is he a good pvper or something?

xzi

Mouthbreather
another week of m10 chest giving me haste/masterey items

coolcoolcool

i now have more offspec gear than MS

anyone wanna tell me why again they removed reforging?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never watched him but somehow he gets people to watch. His hall of fame says some dude has given him 50k. Like who the fuck gives a streamer 50k? Is he a good pvper or something?

He's quite good on PVP and does well with his monk. But he isn't really competitive compared to someone like Reckful (before he was perma banned).

He also plays a ton of other games as they come out and mostly is well known for really interacting with his audience (like Toweliee does). Doing quests and shit with them letting them do stuff with him in various games and providing funny commentary most of the time.

He's really just the all-around Video Game Entertainer not some uber 1337 poopsocker.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Streaming is one of many avenues where a "winner take all" effect takes place. Streamers that become popular, however it happens for that person, stay popular because people naturally gravitate towards the streams with the most views. It's a phenomenon very common in entertainment mediums.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't underestimate kids watching.

Look at someone like pewdiepie, the guy gained millions of dollars from acting annoying for kids.

Someone like Lirik is moderately good and annoying as fuck and word on the street is he's earning half a mill a year.

Also a lot of donations are from stolen CCs or they reverse payment, they just want to look cool.

We had towelie if you enjoy watching a guy do wqs and dungeons all day with an annoying voice and vaping

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Stolen Credit card maybe?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Sodapoppin has a thing on some Sundays were you donate and control the music that plays. Its something like $1 for 3 seconds. So people will donate $50 to play troll songs and watch him react. The big thing with him is that he was streaming WOW before Twitch even existed. So he had a big audience to begin with and that only grew with streaming getting popular.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'll watch streams of pvp, or mythic raiding. I'm not going to watch some chode play indie games, thinking they have a broadcast personality. Though like Noodle, sometimes I'll just put up a stream on a monitor while I'm working so there's a game going on, even while I can't game myself. I also really enjoy Longplays with minimal voice over, unless they're actually entertaining, or informative. There has been many times I'll turn on a stream because it has 20,000 viewers or whatever, and immediately switch to the next, then the next, then the next, then the next, then I'll switch to another game until someone's not chewing food or vaping into their fucking microphone. God that shit drives me insane.

Juvarisx

Florida
Fragrance is a good WoW PVE Stream as is Sloot. Rogerbrown probably is the best one but he doesnt stream often.

Edit. Apparently Soda got Rank 1 for the first season of Legion