World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
lawl

blizzard thought revenge was too powerful so they nerfed it by 15% last patch

new prot artifact talent - increase revenge damage by 50%

seems fine.
I wonder if they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks

As if the Revenge damage made a considerable difference on raid bosses. I suppose they're balancing around mythic dungeons.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus this AP grind is stupid. Stop playing for a month and I feel like I'm so behind everyone else. What's the fastest way to grind AP?

Rime

<Donor>
Jesus this AP grind is stupid. Stop playing for a month and I feel like I'm so behind everyone else. What's the fastest way to grind AP?

Mythic+ Groups, without a doubt. If you cannot get into one reliably, running N/H Emerald Nightmare is cakewalk now and you get a buttload of AP, plus chances at legendaries.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's the fastest way to grind AP?
If you haven't finished the Suramar Uprising quest line (now that all of it is available), it has tons of AP, assuming you're at AK25.

If you're not, I'd suggest delaying doing that and doing the repeatable content (every AP WQ, bags, mythic+ runs, whatever you can get your hands on) until you've finished AK (at least until 7.2, because it restarts then, apparently).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait so AK resets in 7.2 so if I don't have my AP level 50 or whatever max prestige is I'm fucked?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just love the fire mage buff! Reduced mana cost on Pyroblast and Flamestrike! Yes! Competitive for raiding at last! (This is sarcasm)
Try being the guy that has been looking forward to one single item in all of the Night Hold, not seeing it drop in your normal clear, then expending your year's allotment of luck to coin it (the loot table has 8 items) ... THEN it gets nerfed by SEVENTY GOD DAMN PERCENT for your spec (other specs are unaffected) 6 hours later.

In conclusion, you sir can get proper fucked with your tears of reduced mana cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another I may be missing something obvious that was changed.

Doing dungeons early with wife. She was having loot she didnt even get an option to roll on? And in some cases she could select a roll, but then it would only give someone else the need roll saying "main spec roll".

Now I get if it's like a hunter rolling on strength gear it takes it. Or maybe a prot tank rolling on 2h (how does it know what your true spec is if you just hit prot for 5 seconds for that dungeon?)

But for her priest, INT would be main spec for every spec so wtf? As far as not seeing a roll at all I was guessing maybe some kind of you won something skip next roll.

Or maybe just a big because when we did deadmines, cookie was bugged sitting in his pot doing nothing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Another I may be missing something obvious that was changed.

Doing dungeons early with wife. She was having loot she didnt even get an option to roll on? And in some cases she could select a roll, but then it would only give someone else the need roll saying "main spec roll".

Now I get if it's like a hunter rolling on strength gear it takes it. Or maybe a prot tank rolling on 2h (how does it know what your true spec is if you just hit prot for 5 seconds for that dungeon?)

But for her priest, INT would be main spec for every spec so wtf? As far as not seeing a roll at all I was guessing maybe some kind of you won something skip next roll.

Or maybe just a big because when we did deadmines, cookie was bugged sitting in his pot doing nothing.
Personal loot. Everyone gets their own loot in dungeons separate from everyone else. No rolls.

You have a spec and a loot spec. Basically you could be shadow but set your loot spec to holy and only holy gear will drop.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another thing I was confused about. Back in the day arms 2h, fury 2 1h's with offhand doing like 50% dmg.

How does 2 2h's balance. Just all the abilities inherently a smidge weaker basically than they could be. Just seems inherently advantageous in the white dmg and +stats department. (things may be all yellow these days, but say in vanilla where rogue white dmg was a big portion of dmg and why you used +attk speed combo in rotation)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just FYI for everyone regarding the Essence of Aman'Thul for Legendary upgrades. The quest eats any extra Essences you have when you turn it in. So if you only need 2 and get 15 from your weekly M+ chest you're going to lose 13 essences.

Just something to be aware of.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just FYI for everyone regarding the Essence of Aman'Thul for Legendary upgrades. The quest eats any extra Essences you have when you turn it in. So if you only need 2 and get 15 from your weekly M+ chest you're going to lose 13 essences.

Just something to be aware of.
I have 40 today so between whatever emissary bags are left I'll lose like 7 or 8 I think. Kind of lame but I still have only one legendary

Khane

You should still be able to complete the quest to get the distilled titan essence and then just leave it in your bank for when you get another. Can also save all your emissary caches/ weekly chest til you get closer to the right mount or complete it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You should still be able to complete the quest to get the distilled titan essence and then just leave it in your bank for when you get another. Can also save all your emissary caches/ weekly chest til you get closer to the right mount or complete it.
I think only old legendaries require the upgrade so for me that's just the one anyways

Khane

Oh right. Wonder if they'll use the same item to upgrade in 7.2 and beyond as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh right. Wonder if they'll use the same item to upgrade in 7.2 and beyond as well.

It'll be different because raid drops are keyed to NH which will then be obsolete.

I'm OK with it, one a week isn't bad so IDGAF with the little nuances which are dumb.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anyone raid tank as a DK this expansion?

I kind of miss mine and curious how bad or good it feels to play or heal against

Rime

<Donor>
Try being the guy that has been looking forward to one single item in all of the Night Hold, not seeing it drop in your normal clear, then expending your year's allotment of luck to coin it (the loot table has 8 items) ... THEN it gets nerfed by SEVENTY GOD DAMN PERCENT for your spec (other specs are unaffected) 6 hours later.

In conclusion, you sir can get proper fucked with your tears of reduced mana cost.

I am assuming you are a Retribution Paladin? If that is the case, even without that trinket, you are top 3 DPS.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone raid tank as a DK this expansion?

I kind of miss mine and curious how bad or good it feels to play or heal against
It's awful to heal in a raid setting. As damage incoming in them is spiky in progression, which is exactly what you don't want in a raid. In mythic+ and farm it's fine cause at that point it's overgeared.

Here's sco the main tank leader man of method on tanks.
Tanks Ranked 7.1.5 - Method Sco • /r/wow