World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wasn't like that until this past week for me.

One of my chars has had a level 107 (then a 110 ilvl 750 after dragging through some shit) follower active for like 2 weeks now. Not a single low level mission has popped.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just got so ridiculously close on the tank challenge that I almost snapped my keyboard. Now I've officially retired until in tos gear

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Balloon mini event was fun. The panda girl one said I was slay in the slay, marry, kiss game lol

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else noticing far less missions available at their order hall? I have like 4 to choose from at any given point for the past few days. Normally I'd have 8+
You have 3 champions with ilvl 900? Basically, you cut every 870-880 mission from the list and leave only the 885+ ones.

Except for the raid, dungeon, command center, and blood of sargeras missions, you only get missions that are between +15 and -15 of your top 2 champions ilvl. Most of my alt rosters are kept capped at 890 so I have more missions to pick from.

They learned from people keeping low lvl followers in the garrison. Of course, they learned the wrong lesson. It was painful to bring the new champions to speed because until you got them to the same ilvl as the previous ones, they would get basically no xp because they couldn't get missions for their level.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I had a green 830 follower and it was a pain in the dick bringing them up. I had to throw him on mission that were already 100%

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Interesting bug in the mobile app. Look at the reported cost of this mission:

IMG_0833.PNG

If I match that second threat, the cost reads 250.

Edit: I ran the mission that way and it's 500. Shitty.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Interesting bug in the mobile app. Look at the reported cost of this mission:

View attachment 138965

If I match that second threat, the cost reads 250.

Edit: I ran the mission that way and it's 500. Shitty.
Yeah, that's not a bug, just poorly communicated information. It's saying you're going to be spending 250 more resources than if you countered the increased cost.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Poorly communicated doesn't even begin to cover it. If I counter both threats, the number reads "250". Why wouldn't it read "500" without the second threat countered (as it does in-game)? Talk about bad design.

OR are basically free at this point if you do WQs regularly anyway, so it's not a big deal, but what a lousy way to present the cost, heh.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You have 3 champions with ilvl 900? Basically, you cut every 870-880 mission from the list and leave only the 885+ ones.

Except for the raid, dungeon, command center, and blood of sargeras missions, you only get missions that are between +15 and -15 of your top 2 champions ilvl. Most of my alt rosters are kept capped at 890 so I have more missions to pick from.

They learned from people keeping low lvl followers in the garrison. Of course, they learned the wrong lesson. It was painful to bring the new champions to speed because until you got them to the same ilvl as the previous ones, they would get basically no xp because they couldn't get missions for their level.

None of my followers have changed except Meatball went from rare to epic around that same time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Yea but showing their incompetence again, the issue wouldn't even exist AT ALL if they simply curated the missions (just gave you dinky exp ones) or actually made higher level ones simply more rewarding. For instance at low ilvl you get blue armor with blue/purp bonus armor. Instead you get green/blue armor with bonus chest full of +12 gold on WQ Scarab thing. It's just bad.

Khane

There were a few resources available in WoD including some reddit threads that detailed very specifically how to get certain missions to show up or disappear based on active followers. I haven't been able to find anything like that for the order hall mission board.

Most likely because as stupid as the garrisons were they were actually a full-fledged mini game so people put a lot of time and effort into figuring it out. The new order hall mission board is a half-assed gutted system that is only there because Blizz developers are too arrogant to admit the garrison was a complete failure and a bad idea. "We get it, there were some bad things but mostly it was good! We kept the good parts!". The thing wouldn't exist at all if you only kept the good parts because there was nothing good about it in terms of it actually belonging in WoW. Nobody cares about the stupid thing. It's an afterthought for some free AP and rep tokens.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

My guild's raid leader has become increasingly lazy over the course of nighthold to the point where he hasn't even looked up fights until we are physically at the boss lately. For Star Augur this was extra annoying because those of us who had looked at it and were watching our guild's progress over the course of our attempts were trying to get him to remove our 4th healer and just 3 heal it so we could push all phases before healing became a struggle. After 80+ wipes he finally agreed to "try it" and lo and behold we killed it 4 attempts later (and we killed it fast, it was a 5:53 kill time). It's becoming very frustrating because he tries to lambaste people for undermining him when we make obvious and logical suggestions that contradict his strategy plan.

So, since we finally got Star Augur last night and just "winged it" on Elisande for 15 attempts while he tried to form a strategy I have some questions for those of you who have killed or are close to a kill on Mythic Elisande.

1) Do you 3 heal it and is that the more viable option so you can push phases earlier for less arcanetic rings?
2) Do you leave the 2nd slow add alive the entire time or do you kill it?
2a) If you leave it alive do you move Elisande somewhat close to it so melee can interrupt as well in between arcanetic ring casts?
3) Do you lust in phase 1 to beat the third arcanetic rings or do you save it for later phases?
4) Anything I'm missing that is a good tip? I'm not worried about delphuric beam or conflexive burst yet because we aren't even getting to that point in phase 2 with enough people alive so that's not the issue... yet.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
1) Do you 3 heal it and is that the more viable option so you can push phases earlier for less arcanetic rings?
2) Do you leave the 2nd slow add alive the entire time or do you kill it?
2a) If you leave it alive do you move Elisande somewhat close to it so melee can interrupt as well in between arcanetic ring casts?
3) Do you lust in phase 1 to beat the third arcanetic rings or do you save it for later phases?
4) Anything I'm missing that is a good tip? I'm not worried about delphuric beam or conflexive burst yet because we aren't even getting to that point in phase 2 with enough people alive so that's not the issue... yet.

1) we 4 healed it, its completely possible to 3 heal it. with the recent nerfs to elisande if you 3 heal you should be able to only get 2 rings, if you 4 heal it you'll likely get 3 rings.

2) only ever kill the first slow add, they need to be interrupted due to the debuff they cast (we have a range interrupt rotation)
2a) we dont, just make sure the closest person to the slow add is the tank (it attacks based on proximity)

3) we lust on pull, and 2nd pot in phase 1, you should be able to get your 2nd pot around the time you refresh your red buff

4) hardest part is getting people to stay alive during rings. we got her around 80ish pulls (i think) 50ish pre-nerf. if one person is out of place they will die, tanks have to be on top of moving her the correct way after each ring (towards the slow add). and dps need to stacks on the wall for singularity. there is a lot of moving parts and things to coordinate but once you have people not getting hit at all by rings itll click.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not to come to the guy's defense, but I am guilty of that too.

Let me preface this by saying I know what type of guild I'm in. A MYTHIC GUILD!!!! No, but seriously I know where we are on the totem pole that is raiding guilds. Even so, I take raid leading pretty damn seriously and I can tell you without doubt that I get burned out by it too. It's a job that most people don't really notice until you start underperforming at it.

Khane

Most people know the value of a good raid leader in Mythic guilds. The problem isn't that he's getting lazy per se. It's that he is stubborn about changing his half assed strategies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most people know the value of a good raid leader in Mythic guilds. The problem isn't that he's getting lazy per se. It's that he is stubborn about changing his half assed strategies.
It's a fine line sometimes. Do I abandon what we've been doing for 80 pulls and risk setting us back further? Obviously your strat was better, but he was probably concerned. Or just stubborn.