World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Not sure about the orcs, but highmountain, nightborne, void elf and lightforged draenei have some validity mostly due to the fact that what was datamined is that for some reason they can equip armor, which obviously no NPC can do that, it's a player only thing.
The real clincher is that those races have a creation and a login screen associated, which all other non-playable "subraces" that can wear equipment lack.

If they're going the sub-race route, I suspect only those are for current beta build, but we may yet see variants for all current races. And no new "real" races.

The Tuskarr don't have a login/creation screen associated with the beta client (yet?).

xzi

Mouthbreather
I 100% doubt we will ever have playable Tuskarr but we're all waiting for Blizzcon so why not make shit up.

The login screen makes sense though, I have to imagine if they announce them they will have them playable AT blizzcon.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
New Human subraces datamined:

Caucasian:
Passive bonus: White Privilege: 1% better stats across the board.
Active bonus: My Dad's a lawyer: Removes all movement impairing effects. 3 minute cooldown.

African:
Passive bonus: WE WUZ KANGS!: 1% more gold looted.
Active bonus: Dindu nuffin: 20% increase in damage against faction guards for 20 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

Asian:
Passive bonus: Rove me rong time: 10% bonus to faction reputation gains.
Active bonus: Charlie don't surf: Total concealment for 1 minute if you don't move or attack. 3 minute cooldown.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You forgot:

Mongoloid:
Passive bonus: 10% more Likes from shitposting.
Active bonus: Get Out Of Jail Free: Subtract 3 days from your Rickshaw sentence. 1 month cooldown.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, I just don't see the value in that. If you aren't having any fun because the mechanics are so ridiculous, why even go there?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
because people want the title apparently, i would be more than happy just doing reclears the weeks leading up to Antorus. it would be cool to get cutting edge but it doesn't really matter, i can count on zero hands how many times ive linked cutting edge:gul'dan.

It's a bit different as a tank (which im sure youre aware of), i cant just say "im going to sit for a week or so" because generally tanks get replaced, dps are a dime a dozen and you can swap them freely for the most part. we have several dps that sit out 1 night or so a week.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
because people want the title apparently, i would be more than happy just doing reclears the weeks leading up to Antorus. it would be cool to get cutting edge but it doesn't really matter, i can count on zero hands how many times ive linked cutting edge:gul'dan.

It's a bit different as a tank (which im sure youre aware of), i cant just say "im going to sit for a week or so" because generally tanks get replaced, dps are a dime a dozen and you can swap them freely for the most part. we have several dps that sit out 1 night or so a week.
It's not as much of a problem as you think. I stopped tanking one day and that was it. Someone filled the role instantly and seemlessly. The real problem is you can never go back from that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, we had someone in guild who was both interested and capable. That's not always the case. You also didn't sit, you kept raiding as a dps, so it's not like a body was lost.

It's definitely much harder for a tank or a healer to just up and take a break. There needs to be a synergy between tanks on fights like KJ or Gul'dan* that just isn't necessary for most dps players to understand.

* - I'm aware that if your tank can solo cheese Gul'dan, no synergy is necessary. Nerf monks. And druids. ffs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I mean if we can do it I imagine a mythic guild on KJ has other capable tanks already in the roster too

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Problem is if he does that he never gets that spot back and he seems to like tanking, just not this fight/tier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Problem is if he does that he never gets that spot back and he seems to like tanking, just not this fight/tier.
Yeah that's what I meant.

I can't reasonably ask the other tank to step aside now, and I wouldn't take that away from someone anyways. Next expac maybe

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't be shocked to see them do something Path of the Titans-ish as a replacement of the current Artifact system (like how garrisons weren't abandoned but rather stripped down to a mission table and a shared Order Hall instance).

I kinda expect something along this line as well. You have less titans than specs so it would be a lot easier to do while still giving people a lot of options of paths to take. Doing it by class as shown in broken shore was a bit to segmented and made it hard for them to really keep expanding the class order halls campaign without watering down everything else content wise.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah that's what I meant.

I can't reasonably ask the other tank to step aside now, and I wouldn't take that away from someone anyways. Next expac maybe

Well, in our case, it would probably be fine, but your point is very valid for most situations.

P.S. I'm not stepping aside for your skanky monk, back of the line.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So many subraces are natural like the Dark Iron Dwarves, Highmountain Tauren, Irradiated Gnomes etc.

But what would you do with Worgen or Pandaren?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So many subraces are natural like the Dark Iron Dwarves, Highmountain Tauren, Irradiated Gnomes etc.

But what would you do with Worgen or Pandaren?

Feral worgen? Drunk Pandaren?

I'd play a drunk panda. Hell yeah. No idea what you'd do with the idea of something "feral", but maybe a slight bonus to AP/sta outdoors and a slight malus to prices in cities or something? Who knows.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the Pandaren could have Shado-Pan or Golden Lotus as their subraces.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What does a subrace bring to the table? More unbalance for racial abilities? Just visuals? Absolute waste of time and resources if it’s true.