World of Warcraft: Current Year

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hit 120 last night. Haven't played WoW in probably 8 years so no idea wtf I'm really doing but running around questing. Actually did enjoy the three storylines across the isles though, everything flowed pretty well and there's enough left over to go fill in blanks and find side stories. Pleasantly surprised based on my experience from so long ago.

Healed my first dungeon in just as long also. Wanted to get back to support/healing role and Disc Priest was available for boost so just went with it. Was kind of a cluster fuck but a success. Going to need more practice.

Combed through quite a bit of Wowhead and YouTuhe videos trying to figure out how to maximize my focus moving forward. There's like 1,000 different things to do and mechanics I'm not familiar with. But at least it is new to me and mostly interesting. It has only been three days though, heh.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will say one thing: I'm a much faster and more accurate typist now because of EQ.

Hehe yes the not talked about benefit of MMO and old MUD's. Being able to type holy shit there is a giant right behind you rapidly. Hunting and pecking would not cut it. It also is why I shifted my movement keys to esdf so my hand is always on the homerow and not offshifted.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
EQ1 helped me type fast as well. My pc/internet at the time didn't work well with Roger Wilco, so I had to learn to type fast while pulling mobs lol

I actually still use the 2 finger peck style of typing, but I'm extremely fast and I don't have to look at the keyboard or even the monitor to type the proper keys lol ;) I freak people out at work when I turn to talk to them, but continue to type away on my computer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hehe yes the not talked about benefit of MMO and old MUD's. Being able to type holy shit there is a giant right behind you rapidly. Hunting and pecking would not cut it. It also is why I shifted my movement keys to esdf so my hand is always on the homerow and not offshifted.

Glad i'm not the only one that shifted to esdf, wasd makes no sense to me and it's annoying it's the default for every game.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad i'm not the only one that shifted to esdf, wasd makes no sense to me and it's annoying it's the default for every game.

I sort of saw the sense of wasd when doing old FPS games but in any game where you may have to type something it quickly became obvious that always having to recenter my hands on the home row was going to get old fast. When half your group is staring at their spell book the people who can see what is happening had better damn well be able to type quickly to alert folks to threats.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
One of the best Mega-TF engineers I ever played with did so at 400-600 ping. Sure, he'd DC in the middle of matches which wasn't great, but he still managed to do his job. And it was packet loss that got you more than anything else
I raided in vanilla on a satellite link at 500ms.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Shrine of Stroms Teeming + Fort should be like a entry level test for mythic + if you don't complete it to +6 in time you cannot access any other dunegons. I loved that place this week watching all the dps and tanks that love to blame healers for every death get destroyed because they cannot faceroll mechincs on trash. The place is tough but fair no instant cast bs that will one shot you, you need to interupt the correct stuff move out of the one shot floor shit, kite adds that get a 100% damage buff but slow moving.

Up to +7 you can herp derp most dungeons without a care in the world except the healer who is having a melt down because people don't interupt shit or stand in shit, but in Shrine the responsibailty is on the dps to play right or they die simple. Nothing can save you if you don't stand in the runes to reduce the damage you take, if you don't interupt the heal spells healing everything for 25% hp. If you don't stun the melee mobs when they grow and do 100% damage increase while the tank has a amror debuff on to give the tank time to kite. Gonna let that Ritulist cast Darkness over and over and break CC on the Enfocers in the same pack meaning you have to move all the time then well we going to be here a long time until you learn to play correctly

Wait, you think you can't faceroll smash with just dps after a +7?

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Stupid Warfronts question: I've killed the boss at the wood harvesting area, picked up an axe and I see the buff icon but I can't chop down any trees. What am I missing?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Stupid Warfronts question: I've killed the boss at the wood harvesting area, picked up an axe and I see the buff icon but I can't chop down any trees. What am I missing?
You have to look for "specific" trees to cut down. You can't just cut down any tree. They'll have a bright beam of light on them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Your mouse pointer will change to a little saw when you are hovering over a tree you can chop and the tree itself will change color a little bit when highlighted. I don't think the whole play field has trees you can cut down either, mostly around the lumber mill and enemy positions.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coniferous trees aren't able to be harvested, it looks like the trees with rounded canopies (deciduous) are the ones you want, at least from what I've seen.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to look for "specific" trees to cut down. You can't just cut down any tree. They'll have a bright beam of light on them.

Also note everybody else there likely picked up an axe as well and they descend upon those trees like hungry locusts. Generally if I see active teams hunting lumber I go elsewhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So since the next step of the 'enhancements' sequence requires you to have killed two different commanders in a Warfront does that mean that when the Horde next get to launch the warfront itself that they will be able to progress to that stage and the bonus resources stage immediately thereafter? If so that's additionally sucky for Alliance in terms of war resource usage.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So since the next step of the 'enhancements' sequence requires you to have killed two different commanders in a Warfront does that mean that when the Horde next get to launch the warfront itself that they will be able to progress to that stage and the bonus resources stage immediately thereafter? If so that's additionally sucky for Alliance in terms of war resource usage.

Yup ding ding ding you are the winner. This whole thing with alliance starting as the "winner" has been such a fucking cock up for the alliance. As the expansion goes it should matter less and less but everything involving the warfront has the horde about 3 weeks ahead of the alliance.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I did forget there may be the possibility that what commander you face is RNG. If that is the case than one or both factions could potentially get turbo fucked if they pull the same commander their next time it is up.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If I remember correctly the prereq is three different commanders and the reason it says two now is because you've killed one. I think we're another full cycle away. That's what, an extra month?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And we all know that Blizzard never learns from their past mistakes with RNG fucking over achievement/character progress. So that will likely happen and then they'll pretend it was an unforeseen side effect.