World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If it's only like 3-5 bucks I'd gladly buy bnet balance with gold and chug those.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually forgot that we had to 'h'ail everything in EQ. It really was a system that needed help.

And initially most quest givers really gave you no hint that they had any quest. So a lot of it was saying random shit to random NPC to see if you could stumble upon a quest. Then you had to pray there were no typo's like one step of the ranger legendary thing you should have been telling an NPC you were a master forrester but they screwed up and you had to say you are a master forrest. Somebody eventually just sat there yelling the dictionary at the NPC until they found the actual keyword.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't believe it took them this long

It does seem like a low hanging fruit. They sell the full boost to 110 so why not sell things that just make leveling go faster for a few bucks. I do like the overall lowering of xp needed for leveling up even sans these potions.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I didn't see the store version, kinda lame but I guess it is to be expected. Especially with all the heritage armor they are adding.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Them just choping the leveling curve down as they are such as around 40% at level 60 should be pretty solid push it at least more back to how it was while still having the world scaling stuff so you could still complete some zones without them going grey. And in time for the kul'tiran and zandalari to arrive which is good.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Looks like they're piloting it in Korea which already has an hourly rate and a lot of other purchasable's. A lot of heat it being raised to prevent it from showing up under US. Considering you can just buy a 110 token already, but I guess the XP boost allows for an easier time obtaining the new racial armor sets...

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Canceled my sub today since I hadn't logged in in over 3 weeks, but I was buying in 6mo intervals so my shit is still active until April anyway. Dammit.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anyone that defends them adding for-cash XP potions to the game after nerfing the shit out of experience gains can get fucked.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Welp. Anyone running H G'huun anytime soon and have room for a tagalong? Would like to grab AotC before the patch hits, and I prefer to do these things without a shot in the dark pug group.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone that defends them adding for-cash XP potions to the game after nerfing the shit out of experience gains can get fucked.

They have sold full bosts to 90 then 100 now to 110 for years. Honestly the only surprising thing about cash store xp boost is why they did not do it sooner.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They have sold full bosts to 90 then 100 now to 110 for years. Honestly the only surprising thing about cash store xp boost is why they did not do it sooner.

They were available before the nerfs. They also served to completely skip the process altogether. It's not the same as something that serves to bypass the artificial barriers put in place just recently for "reasons".

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you look at the new xp chart it looks like they are reverting a large chunk of the leveling slow down that got put in so the potions are basically a bonus on top of the default xp needed being significantly lowered. It also looks like it dropped by upper 30s low 40s% the xp needed in the worst of the leveling spots the 40-60 range which was the most noticeably slow part of leveling. WOD levels look like they are cut by 25% which is going to make those fucking fly they are already really fast to bang your way through.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those who have not seen the full xp changes that showed up in the new PTR patch.

Experience Required to Level Reduced in 8.1 PTR Build 28366

I did not want to try to just copy the data because its a pretty big wall of text but if this does not push the xp gains pretty close to what they were before the original nerf I believe its pretty close to the pre leveling slow down patch now. This is not even including the xp potions you can make with alchemy or the purchasable ones. Looking at the chart the biggest reductions seem pretty well aimed at the worst part of the leveling curve.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The asinine decision to make the leveling process so much more difficult was one of the reasons I have not logged on in 3 weeks. I am used to capping a character out to a point and then starting to level others. Its amazing how many stupid ideas they had for this game.

Its like the game is a parody of itself in how not to make the game.

"Lets add a mount based combat feature that gives more options to having mounts.
Or we could just remove flying"

"Lets add new abilities that make a character interesting and valuable at level cap.
Or lets remove all of the nice abilities the character once had.

"Lets create a new armor with unique models that increase power and strength for a character based on how you use them.
Or we could just make a boring looking armor that slowly gives back the power the character had before they stepped into this expansion."

"Lets add some new races that incorporate some of the brand new race models like snake people.
Or we could just recolor and add tattoos to the same old models."

"Lets add a housing system that gives players a chance to decorate their own way and even have mounts to show off.
Or we could just set up a table on a ship that has no form of control."

"Lets add a unique PvP zone that brings back memories of Alterac Valley with better NPC scripting that would truly give purpose to the Alliance verse Horde story.
Or we could just create a zone where one side fights NPC scripted characters that never win.

and on and on....

This expansion was just odd and seriously disappointing.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The low level leveling process is one of the few changes I just can't wrap my head around. It's so stupid. It's gotta be to sell boosts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users