World of Warcraft: Current Year

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So he didn't decide to make it a rape related name, he accepted the circumstantial rape related name that just so happened to pop up.

I mean, yes...it was not a rape related name until very late in 2015. There was no subtle undercurrent of toxic heteronormativity or what the fuck ever (no redline on heteronormativity what the fuck Google) driving the decision behind using the Cosby branding.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See Furor's brand of humor attached.

Attachments

• AoDoom.jpg
    AoDoom.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Right, cosby was a creepy old perverted dude and not a full on drug and fuck rapist, until 2015 where suddenly the proof came out. So it wasn't a directly chosen reference to a known reference, it was an opportunistic reference to a rapey dude. Meanwhile, it's not like he just picked the name out of the blue AND it's not like he's the only person involved, so someone else can easily have pushed it on him despite it not being his first humor choice.

One of my dad's friends made a bunch of dumb jokes about the twin towers being bombed, back in the late 90s, which very suddenly turned into really awful embarrassing shit when 911 happened. That's sort of how I see this - he was joking about something viewed as minor that just happened to present itself that afterwards turned into a really big deal that made them look especially bad.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're seeing it incorrectly, then. It was never a rape joke, it's not like joking about bombing the WTC at all. The only justification you have for interpreting it as a rape joke is pure hindsight.

yerm

You're seeing it incorrectly, then. It was never a rape joke, it's not like joking about bombing the WTC at all. The only justification you have for interpreting it as a rape joke is pure hindsight.

It was a rape joke along the lines that calling it the clinton corner would be a rape joke. I'm not trying to hate on it, I think the cosby name is just comical timing and it's other shit like the cube crawls that are bad, but it's totally a subtle rapey old dude reference as cosby was considered a creepy rapey bro even back then - just not a firm out and out known rapist yet. So I'll call it a rapey joke? A creeper joke? A... sexual harasser joke?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
When Rape Master Zero worked there we got Legion.. When Rape Master Zero was gone we got Shadowlands.. just for reference.

GrandmasterB-photos.jpg

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but it's totally a subtle rapey old dude reference as cosby was considered a creepy rapey bro even back then

No, he wasn't. And it's totally reasonable to assume that Furor did not know Cosby was a rapist in any sense of the word when making that association, especially because it looks like they stopped using it entirely after the Cosby allegations surfaced in the public consciousness.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, he wasn't. And it's totally reasonable to assume that Furor did not know Cosby was a rapist in any sense of the word when making that association, especially because it looks like they stopped using it entirely after the Cosby allegations surfaced in the public consciousness.
You mean REsurfaced? Because the accusations against Cosby go back to the mid 2000s. They probably only stopped the joke because it was too obvious after Cosby ended up back in the news.

That whole excuse about how it was just because the room is ugly or whatever is some really uncreative lying, as is the claim that they were talking about someone's wife in that Cosby group chat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What you crybaby faggots don't seem to grasp is that a joke told in poor taste is still a fucking joke.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean REsurfaced?

No, I mean surfaced. You can search the posts here for mentions of Cosby prior to 2015 for a good idea of what the public thought about him. Believe what you want, but everyone who knows Furor in just about any capacity can tell you that the Cosby picture is not and never was a rape joke.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Just like that ham beast was crying about how World of Warcraft characters don't look like monster fat super nasties. Nobody wants that shit. Anyone saying otherwise are lying cunts.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

That whole excuse about how it was just because the room is ugly or whatever is some really uncreative lying, as is the claim that they were talking about someone's wife in that Cosby group chat.

Some ugly cosby sweater inspiring it makes total sense. Someone says this looks like something Bill Cosby would wear, they talk some shit about him being creepy and trying to bang young girls, they think the analogy is funny, they roll with the name. If you think cosby is just a creepy dude trying to use his authority and influence to coerce sex, no drug stuff yet, it works as an off color joke inspired by some shit rug or whatever.

What you crybaby faggots don't seem to grasp is that a joke told in poor taste is still a fucking joke.

Yeah, and it's important to embrace it as just a poor taste joke, because that's what it is. It wasn't an admission of guilt and shouldn't be taken as one, but it's also not some innocent good boys who dindu nuffin.

No, I mean surfaced. You can search the posts here for mentions of Cosby prior to 2015 for a good idea of what the public thought about him. Believe what you want, but everyone who knows Furor in just about any capacity can tell you that the Cosby picture is not and never was a rape joke.

Look, first of all, it's not like he was the only dude with creative license in a group chat. He could have had absolutely nothing to do with the name and ended up just embracing someone else on it, even though it wasn't a joke he'd make. Second, forgive me, but I will never buy that line of defense. Third, again, I don't care if it was his idea 100%, because before 2015 it's just some mild maybe poor taste reference to an alleged rapist whose rapes are believed to be coercion and other gray areas. Before 2015 the joke really means little to nothing.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because before 2015 it's just some mild maybe poor taste reference to an alleged rapist whose rapes are believed to be coercion and other gray areas.

No, it was never a rape joke, either before or after 2015. You are only interpreting it as a rape joke because it is after 2015.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The funniest thing about this whole thing is how hard you are trying to ride Furor's cock. Good thing he has you to defend his honour.

RC-810322_2.png

Daidraco

I would think that the shit you guys are talking about has little if any presence in court. Its why, by and large, you dont have Judges that are young. The prosecutor(s) are bringing up everything and anything they can to make a case, which is par for the course. They want the money after all. An experienced Judge is going to see through that and look for the hard evidence. Which from everything Ive seen so far, is very shallow at best. Meanwhile the media, in any form, is dragging their name through the mud. They could settle, but I have yet to see any real admission of guilt other than "we'll look into it". But I guess we wont know the full story until the actual Trial if it does indeed go that far.

But.. I'm open to anything I may have missed that is a true and exact admission of guilt or evidence - such as a video, and not some half assed text messages that happen on a daily basis across the entire world.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yeah, pointing out basic facts and reality surely means I'm white knighting a rapist, and it's not just the fact that anyone who thinks Furor made a rapist joke with a Cosby picture in 2013 is a delusional fuckwad with not even a basic grasp on events that happened prior to the last news cycle.

• 3Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Has it been determined that the joke was in poor taste? It feels like we need to provide a full background check before talking about anything these days but, as a father of two girls, I've got absolutely no problem with 2015 Furor and company making a Cosby room group chat and talking about bringing 'hot girls' up to it during, what should ultimately be, the pinnacle of a WoW dev's rock star status in Blizzcon. The internet was riddled with pudding and jello Cosby references even then (no, it was not full of rape references) and getting drunk at a con while going up to a hotel room party is going to lead to stupid drunk shit. Context matters. The same is also true for going back up an artists room to do some cocaine or meeting an executive in his private suite. I also find it hilarious when Chapelle offers his perspective on the aforementioned subject matter as part of a comedy show. Sometimes, it's okay for people to make terrible references and joke about it within the context of their private chat and not be held to the same degree as the actual rapists. Not everyone who thought Cosby was funny and made a joke about it in 2015 thinks that women are garbage and should be raped. It's like these people have never had stupid drunk group conversations and laughed about inappropriate shit - why is this being viewed as being 'in poor taste'?

What I'm not ok is the shit that occurred while in office (allegedly) and the total lack of oversight by HR. This should have been cut out long ago and idiots acting like that during the working hours should have been held accountable for their actions then. In an ideal universe where personal accountability is still a thing maybe WoW's production cycles end up not being absolute garbage and the game that I used to enjoy wouldn't be some robotic metrics. What a universe that would be.

Last edited:

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Prior to Hannibal Buress, Cosby was seen as an old dad figure who would scold black comedians. I don't know what kind of purple haired circles you guys ran with, but it was certainly not even on any normal person's radar. Certainly not like MJ was 'always' known to be a pedo, etc. Maybe Furor hung out on rape boards and in rape circles and had his pulse on the rape scene to make the reference, but prior to Buress, if you joked about Cosby it was pudding pops, ugly sweaters and old black man scolding the young, not rape.

When Rape Master Zero worked there we got Legion.. When Rape Master Zero was gone we got Shadowlands.. just for reference.
The one thing this has shown is that toxic masculinity makes way better games than this equity horseshit and so we should throw that whole endeavor in the trash.

• 1Like

sindaael

<Banned>
I played WoW for a while. However they said I needed to upgrade my graphic card etc. I couldn't get the group finder to work. So do I need to go to the store to do this, or is it something free online. This is a little beyond me.