World of Warcraft: Current Year

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard is Kotick's world now. Has been for a while. The latest scandals just finalized that and laid it bare for all to see.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Blizzard is technically a subsidiary. And there is a kernel of truth in the fact that the perception of sexual harassment is only on Blizzard.
Pretty sure the suicide was Activision and not Blizzard. That was really the only 'shocking' thing in the claim. The rest was just a bunch of dorks saying inappropriate things and salary/promotion claims.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure the suicide was Activision and not Blizzard. That was really the only 'shocking' thing in the claim. The rest was just a bunch of dorks saying inappropriate things and salary/promotion claims.

Furor was under the Blizzard umbrella as was JAB.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That post seems like a bunch of bs.
nothing interesting.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Really liked Bellular's coverage just before the scandal hit and the WoW to FF14 exodus started.

But once the scandal hit he just gives the news 2 days late on three different channels, a stream, a stream clip and then again as a news show that's exactly the same as the stream so why bother?

He has all these lore video scripts lined up and a staff to make the ingame graphics so he can't pivot to FF14 even though he really should.

Today he compalined about not being able to just play FF14 like a streamer does and he's been saying he wants to experience the MSQ privately. He is insane just leaving that money on the table.

Someone else is going to come along and be the FF14 lore channel...
interestingly i listened to an interview of zepla. and she said that she plays the MSQ, privately, but then records it and releases it later. because she said she was self conscious of crying on camera. i wonder if bellular could just do that, minus the tears. or with the tears, i won't judge. sato is a good boy.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure the suicide was Activision and not Blizzard. That was really the only 'shocking' thing in the claim.
And somehow everyone aimed at Blizzard, as Furor was the only one specifically named in the whole lawsuit. Because Blizzard was seen as the juicier target.

Also, calling it "frat boy culture" in the lawsuit seemed to be an attempt at rebranding this "toxic masculinity" thing, because the latter term is pretty worn out from overuse. Meanwhile, the developers at Blizzard were nerds that listened to metal, so they were pretty far from what I'd call typical "frat boys".

Management, especially the bean counter types, are going to cling to this "diversity" thing like a lifebuoy after the Blizztanic hit the iceberg: they know they'd be the next on the chopping block, especially for letting the company deteriorate this much. And for a real change in direction and company culture they'd have to change things at a middle to top management level.

tl;dr: "Outlook not so good"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
At this point Blizzard is even fucking up their QoL fixes. Clearly the devs are just passive-aggressive now about implementing them:

Why would you tie the conduit drops to your current specialization and not the set loot specialization, like ... in the rest of the fucking game?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At this point Blizzard is even fucking up their QoL fixes. Clearly the devs are just passive-aggressive now about implementing them:

Why would you tie the conduit drops to your current specialization and not the set loot specialization, like ... in the rest of the fucking game?
Because they're not talking about conduit drops. They're talking about items you take back to your Forge of Bonds to upgrade a random conduit.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because they're not talking about conduit drops. They're talking about items you take back to your Forge of Bonds to upgrade a random conduit.
Please explain how this is different when you are trying to make a second or third spec viable before doing content.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Please explain how this is different when you are trying to make a second or third spec viable before doing content.
You take the item back to your Forge of Bonds, activate the spec you want to upgrade conduits from, and use the item.

The item is only usable within the Forge of Bonds interface, so they want you to have the right spec selected before you use the item.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You take the item back to your Forge of Bonds, activate the spec you want to upgrade conduits from, and use the item.
Then I will take back my criticism. Thank you for playing the game for us, so we don't have to.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then I will take back my criticism. Thank you for playing the game for us, so we don't have to.
Thanks for reinforcing my point that most of the people complaining about WoW don't even play WoW and are just bandwagon hating a game they haven't played in months or years.

The psychology of MMO players is ridiculous. You can't just be bored of a game and move onto something else; you have to linger around and try to convince everyone else that you made the only correct decision by leaving.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users