World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fake out deaths. Evil religious leader. Chosen one. The reluctant leader. The ancient technologically advanced civilization. Bad guys letting good guys escape. Bad guys telling you their plans.

FF needed to lean into and make more a world. The wrath gate was awesome. There can be a balance. You’re being obtuse. Ff14 claims to be an mmo despite everyone saying rpg mmo. You suck their dick then blast Blizz for the very same sins.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fake out deaths. Evil religious leader. Chosen one. The reluctant leader. The ancient technologically advanced civilization. Bad guys letting good guys escape. Bad guys telling you their plans.

FF needed to lean into and make more a world. The wrath gate was awesome. There can be a balance. You’re being obtuse. Ff14 claims to be an mmo despite everyone saying rpg mmo. You suck their dick then blast Blizz for the very same sins.
Any stories that don't use tropes?

Caeden

Any stories that don't use tropes?
Massive goal post shift. Your point was implied that FF didn’t. The franchise and that partucular game does incessantly. It even has its own series “tropes.”

Chris

Potato del Grande
Massive goal post shift. Your point was implied that FF didn’t. The franchise and that partucular game does incessantly. It even has its own series “tropes.”
I just asked you to explain yourself.

What are these tropeless stories you enjoy?

Caeden

I just asked you to explain yourself.

What are these tropeless stories you enjoy?
I never fucking said there were tropeless stories I enjoy, you fucking moron. God. I'm absolutely done with you. You're either fucking stupid or intentionally obtuse. Now you're just making shit up. Every fucking thing now and always has been some retelling or allegory of some shit that happened in another story. Its what you do with it. Entertain us? WotLK. Bore us to tears 60% of the time? FF14.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I never fucking said there were tropeless stories I enjoy, you fucking moron. God. I'm absolutely done with you. You're either fucking stupid or intentionally obtuse. Now you're just making shit up. Every fucking thing now and always has been some retelling or allegory of some shit that happened in another story. Its what you do with it. Entertain us? WotLK. Bore us to tears 60% of the time? FF14.
So FF14 having tropes is a critisism, but everything has tropes. Sounds like you just don't like storytelling.

Cybsled

Virtually all stories use tropes. It's fine if you don't like FF14's story, you're never going to find any story that 100% of the population loves. Everyone has different tastes.

I disagree that WOTLK trying to introduce more complex story telling was a bad idea. I thought it was a great idea, because it was a way to demonstrate a pivotal story beat without a pre-rendered cutscene. Essentially it replicated what they used to do in Starcraft or Warcraft at the end of a campaign. Prior to then, you just had the super generic "Here is an elf! Here is a demon! Here is a catchy one liner from Illidan" that was basically just an expansion trailer

Where Blizzard failed is they failed to keep up that level of consistency in story telling for the next few expansions and even within the WOTLK expansion. I remember Furor mentioning something that they were on the fence about Wraithgate being presented as it was and decided to only use that stuff sparsely - although I imagine a big factor is they had to make custom rigs to do that as a result of the limitations in the base game engine. Now they're trying to pivot back to that, but it feels forced because they essentially ignored it for so many years.

• 1Like

Caeden

If you really want to puke...decided to find the one I tried to watch. Bonus points it is VERY fucking obvious they tried to make the male evoker human form or whatever look like bearded tranny shit at worst or some gay dude that's had glitter cum smeared in his hair in the color of cotton candy.

• 7Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd watch thatt but I don't want my youtube filled up with tranny/furry fetish videos.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you really want to puke...decided to find the one I tried to watch. Bonus points it is VERY fucking obvious they tried to make the male evoker human form or whatever look like bearded tranny shit at worst or some gay dude that's had glitter cum smeared in his hair in the color of cotton candy.

Are you guys going to stomach this shit and give them your money?

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Are you guys going to stomach this shit and give them your money?

Yes. I'm going to pick up the expansion and play the first month because M+ is infinitely better than what FF offers from an actual gameplay standpoint in spite of the fact that every decision Blizzard has made for almost a decade has been terrible.

• 3Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I have to force myself to enjoy the game, but I'll likely play it given that I already bought the xpac so I could whore my account out to the other friend that still is interested in this game.

Caeden

Why can’t blizzard do normal degeneracy? They should make an army of cat boy bottoms for the Draenei power tops.

I pay for classic. I’m telling myself it sends a message.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why can’t blizzard do normal degeneracy? They should make an army of cat boy bottoms for the Draenei power tops.

I pay for classic. I’m telling myself it sends a message.
It's the same sub.

Likely analytics shows that people bounce between Classic and Modern depending on what has a new patch.

The only way you send a message while funding them is to not play Dragonflight and show that the investment in Modern patches with the current devs is pointless.

It's incredible how you guys will play a tranny furry game yet denounce that behaviour everywhere else.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

From roided up dudes that look like they could rip your legs off with their bare hands to power bottoms looking like they're about to be used as a urinal trough at the local pride parade.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

It's the same sub.

Likely analytics shows that people bounce between Classic and Modern depending on what has a new patch.

The only way you send a message while funding them is to not play Dragonflight and show that the investment in Modern patches with the current devs is pointless.

It's incredible how you guys will play a tranny furry game yet denounce that behaviour everywhere else.
I never said I’d play dragon flight. I don’t bounce. I haven’t subbed to WoW since 2018. You make up a lot of stuff. You ignored all that I said on the basis of “same sub” when I literally said the same strat you laid out. Unlike old blizzard you didn’t even polish my idea.

My guess based on my own friends list which is a tiny sub pop is you’re almost there. There’s a subset of my friends that I have only seeen on classic this entire time. There’s a second subset I saw dick around prepatch but are mostly on shadowlands. The second is tiny. But most of my friends aren’t into this shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I never said I’d play dragon flight. I don’t bounce. I haven’t subbed to WoW since 2018. You make up a lot of stuff. You ignored all that I said on the basis of “same sub” when I literally said the same strat you laid out. Unlike old blizzard you didn’t even polish my idea.

My guess based on my own friends list which is a tiny sub pop is you’re almost there. There’s a subset of my friends that I have only seeen on classic this entire time. There’s a second subset I saw dick around prepatch but are mostly on shadowlands. The second is tiny. But most of my friends aren’t into this shit.
My bad. You did say that you pay for classic though.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
From roided up dudes that look like they could rip your legs off with their bare hands to power bottoms looking like they're about to be used as a urinal trough at the local pride parade.

Interesting that yet another thread turns into gay degeneracy from very very very straight posters

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Please keep your fantasies about us being closet homos to yourself.

Please keep your fantasies about roided up dudes that look like they could rip your legs off with their bare hands to power bottoms looking like they're about to be used as a urinal trough at the local pride parade to yourself

10/10 for detail though. Every aspect from the participants to the setting was clearly explained

• 1Faggotry