World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
lfr / flex / normal all shared "lockout" for secrets and shit right?

Also, got my Garrosh cheeve. Zero loot for the whole run, but I was called "the best pug ever" and they'd like me to transfer so that was fun.

PS: Qualifications for "best pug ever" are likely "didn't quit after two wipes, didn't call anyone a American Inventor = TOP SHELF"

xzi

Mouthbreather
What server are most of us playing on, if there's any designated server?
Also, can I actually send my BoA stuff cross-servers now or still limited to same server?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cloak is 616 fully upgraded...
A lot of people havent played the game since they allowed two extra upgrades. All my shit is 2/4 now, for example.

Also, got my Garrosh cheeve. Zero loot for the whole run, but I was called "the best pug ever" and they'd like me to transfer so that was fun.

PS: Qualifications for "best pug ever" are likely "didn't quit after two wipes, didn't call anyone a American Inventor = TOP SHELF"
Hey man ~ if you're a DPS and you get praise.. Thats pretty good in my book. Most of the DPS I knew had the personality of a Plank.
Plank.jpg

BoA stuff is now cross server and cross faction.

As far as servers go it doesn't really matter unless you want to hook up with people who plan on doing mythic raiding in WoD from the forums here. Since everything else will be cross server groups if you want. The only benefits to a server aside from the mythic stuff would be a robust auction house so prizes are fairly sane for leveling trade skills and the like. You really can't go wrong with any of the high pop servers at this point, but I prefer Sargeras if you are an Alliance player and Kil'jaeden if you are a Hordie.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

As far as servers go it doesn't really matter unless you want to hook up with people who plan on doing mythic raiding in WoD from the forums here. Since everything else will be cross server groups if you want. The only benefits to a server aside from the mythic stuff would be a robust auction house so prizes are fairly sane for leveling trade skills and the like. You really can't go wrong with any of the high pop servers at this point, but I prefer Sargeras if you are an Alliance player and Kil'jaeden if you are a Hordie.
Why not Stormrage? Probably one of the easiest times Ive ever had Pugging.

I've never played on Stormrage so I couldn't really comment on the server. KJ and Sarg have been my homes for their respective factions for a while now and they have been great. Both have a couple of world class guilds (which always helps the general raiding on a server), great pug scenes, and awesome AH's. So just dropping recommendations that I can speak for personally.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

Yeah it's one shot per boss on any difficulty. So you could do like the first two bosses of a raid in LFR and then if you went and did flex the first two wouldn't drop, but subsequent ones could. If that makes any sense.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Yeah I'm on KJ alliance atm and it seems the alliance pop is far smaller than the horde, but I could be wrong. But dang this new cross server thing for everything is awesome, I didn't realize everyone was dropped into the same world basically now.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah I'm on KJ alliance atm and it seems the alliance pop is far smaller than the horde, but I could be wrong. But dang this new cross server thing for everything is awesome, I didn't realize everyone was dropped into the same world basically now.
Everyone isn't on the same world - but servers are linked together in various groups now (called Connected Realms).You can view a list here. You'll always share the world with those servers.

On top of that, many zones are marked as a CRZ (Cross Realm Zone). Then, when you're in a CRZ, you will see other people from random servers.

Those two features are basically WoW's way of dealing with server merges, without the bad press that comes with doing a server merge.

Beyond that, there's the Battlegroup that your server is part of - that's what random BGs, scenarios, dungeons, and LFR all pull from. So that's a different (and larger) group of people you might get tossed in with for instanced content.

Then even more! You can join a group with anyone you're battle.net friends with. This is what allows things like oQueue to work, and OpenRaid.org groups to be effective.

xzi

Mouthbreather
well shit, that's awesome. Thank you for the clarification/info. Now I just gotta work on finding a guild so I can get the perks until I hit max at least, lol.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Now I just gotta work on finding a guild so I can get the perks until I hit max at least, lol.
Aren't they removing guild perks for WoD?

It's probably not done yet, so better enjoy them before pre-exp 6.0 hits.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Aren't they removing guild perks for WoD?

It's probably not done yet, so better enjoy them before pre-exp 6.0 hits.
Yeah, they're going away. They said they were just going to move the popular functions into baseline. The Cash Flow perk is one raiders love, but I'm a big fan of the rep stuff - 10% (I think?) more rep, plus the rep banner. I wonder what they'll do about guild-level gated rewards you could buy.

Edit: They're not removing guild perks directly - they're removing guild leveling all together.

xzi

Mouthbreather
hmm, looked into it
Warlords of Draenor: Guild leveling and guild perk changes

"Our current plan for Warlords is to effectively remove guild leveling (you could also think of it as "all guilds are automatically level 25"). We originally came up with two dozen perks in order to offer something at every guild level, but without the continued need for that granularity, we can streamline the system a bit. Many perks can just be rolled into default behaviors, since a majority of players already had them and the world was designed and tuned around their existence: Flight path taxis can just inherently move 25% faster instead of requiring "Ride Like the Wind"; Honor rewards and item costs can be balanced as if you had "Honorable Mention"; and so forth. For most players, who are in max-level guilds, nothing should perceptibly change."

They're doing away with Cash Flow apparently, which eh whatever I don't really care, but I'm hoping they're keeping a rep bonus for being in a guild or something. It's stupid to want to grind reps, but it's my kind of stupid.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cash flow being removed, but they said they plan on adding more BoE raid drops so guilds can sell that. Resurrection of pub WOTLK Icecrown epic runs? ;P

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Kreugen#1914 (I think) if anyone wants a 559 hunter for SoO normal.

Hopefully with this week's valor points I can get that one magical ilvl point to unlock the pug threshold.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure if I posted this before or not.... but in the last pug I was in I got a bit bored waiting for some people to come back, so I checked out the list of people in the blizzard raid tool and almost all of the tanks had posted "looking for garrosh only" for flex 4. I get that, but is clearing the other fights that much of a pain in the ass?

Bruman

Golden Squire
Not sure if I posted this before or not.... but in the last pug I was in I got a bit bored waiting for some people to come back, so I checked out the list of people in the blizzard raid tool and almost all of the tanks had posted "looking for garrosh only" for flex 4. I get that, but is clearing the other fights that much of a pain in the ass?
As has been kinda brought up before - all about supply and demand. The expansion is old, the content is old. Geared folks can be picky, they don't want to deal with newbies anymore, and simply put, they can be. Tanks especially are always high in demand, so they can be super picky.

Granted, you'll get some of this stuff no matter what point the expansion is in, but it just becomes more and more common as time goes on. People want someone to let them in at a reasonable iLevel, let them learn the fights, but once they know it, they don't want to suffer through that ever again. Just human nature. The only good solution to that is joining a raiding guild - but of course most progression oriented guilds have died out or are on hiatus at this point.