World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's all 4.5-7 minute fights except Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens which take 10-12. Furnace sucks marginally less than Maidens because at least with Furnace the wipes happen relatively early while Maidens is shit design like Imperator where you generally only ever wipe at the very end and have to do the whole fucking thing over and over to get it right.

Out of curiosity since I haven't done heroic yet, what was the problem with Kromog? That's one of the most straightforward fights in the zone, and there's really nothing to learn on it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Flamebender feels like the boss of a 5-man. Astonishingly bland given the rest of the zone.

Hans & Frans and Operator are hilarious and fun for sure.

Kromog trucks tanks on heroic, basically.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
It's all 4.5-7 minute fights except Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens which take 10-12. Furnace sucks marginally less than Maidens because at least with Furnace the wipes happen relatively early while Maidens is shit design like Imperator where you generally only ever wipe at the very end and have to do the whole fucking thing over and over to get it right.

Out of curiosity since I haven't done heroic yet, what was the problem with Kromog? That's one of the most straightforward fights in the zone, and there's really nothing to learn on it.
Reverb deaths + high raid and tank damage from Slam. Pretty sure a few of our melee were being bad and not moving correctly for Slam. I'm sure we'll go back and get a kill quickly tonight they just wanted to end the night 5/10 instead of 4/10 and Beastlord was known to be faceroll easy.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't even know what Beastlord was doing most of the time, with each phase being so fast. Spread out, free occasional pinnned dopes, lolbarrage/multishot, move out of fire. The rest was just pretty colors on the screen.

I mean, I did read all the fights but its not like I put the abilities on flash cards and studied them. And ain't nobody got time for videos.

And yes Focusing Shot is indeed the shit for all the AOE on Operator, Beastlord, and Furnace despite the movement. (haven't seen Maidens yet) Lonewolf is obvious for H&F, and the rest are probably just preference. I did have my pet bug out on Operator - if its on a mob on the wrong side of a train, it can poof.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
BRF has made me miss my paladin. That conveyor and maidens fight which both require like 100% movement sure are fun as an ele shaman.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We did 6/10 heroic our first night, but we did do 9/10 normal the night before to prep for heroic. Oregorger and Kromag were the only fights we wiped a bit on. Oregorger was people not knowing how he moves (inner square = straight line, outer square = U turns). For Kromag we had a raid of 18 with 4 healers and had some low % wipes. We brought in a 5th healer (for a total of 19 raiders) and easily killed him. The only major setbacks were a couple bad ranged dying to the reverberations (so easy to dodge), and a couple tank deaths due to poor cooldown management (the tank swap debuff adds a ton of damage).

We did wipe a few times on Flamebender, but it was mostly from strat changes/figuring out how best to handle the meteor, etc. She's probably one of the easier bosses.

For our kill order we did Beastlord (1 shot), Gruul (2 shot), Oregorger (7 pulls), Hanz and Frans (1 shot), Flamebender (5 pulls), Kromag (6 pulls). Next raid we'll be doing Furnace, Operator, and Iron Maidens. We're expecting to spend all 3 hours on those, then the final raid night on Blackhand.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oregorger is just so fast that you can't wait for him to pick a direction - you have to make yourself safe from any choice he can make as soon as you see where he's going with his last move. Or be a hunter and not care. (I started taking it upon myself to do the more dangerous outer ring boxes because the inner ones were getting blown up within seconds and I felt bad for the melee that dared to go out there)

Also, he's short and the camera can dick you sometimes.

It was fun going from a total mess to everyone pretty much figuring it out all at once and dropping him with everyone alive.

Our second heroic raid is tonight, my body is ready. I've been stretching my anus with a nice large plug at work all day.

Vorph

Oregorger is just so fast that you can't wait for him to pick a direction - you have to make yourself safe from any choice he can make as soon as you see where he's going with his last move. Or be a hunter and not care. (I started taking it upon myself to do the more dangerous outer ring boxes because the inner ones were getting blown up within seconds and I felt bad for the melee that dared to go out there)
Yeah, that's the main problem with Oregorger. The good strategy is the one where everyone is personally responsible for knowing where he can go next and staying out of those spots. The version where you mark one person and follow them around is retarded.

Really wish DBM would update again too. 6/10 fights are still using timers and other warnings that were collected in beta back in July. At least VEM is working now (it wasn't on Tues) though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No. Those people who do LFR and only LFR do tons of other shit and this has nothing to do with subs. Those casuals are subbed more then actual raiders.
Which is why it makes no sense at all to not have tier gear in LFR. It's going to cost them a shitton of subs once the LFR crew notices over the next few weeks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know what would really piss them off? Give them blue gear just like they used to. Even if you kept the ilvl the same, there would be an uprising.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Which is why it makes no sense at all to not have tier gear in LFR. It's going to cost them a shitton of subs once the LFR crew notices over the next few weeks.
Although they actually do have LFR tier peaces so many may not even realize that what they are getting is no where even close to what normal raids are delivering.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did BRF normal last night so we can learn the fights for heroic on sunday. 8 bosses down with 12 wipes total. 1 gruul, 7 oregorger, 1 krog, 3 maidens. Not half bad for not having a single person read shit about the encounters lol. Gonna hit blast furnace normal and a few blackhand wipes before we knock out heroic.

I can't even fucking imagine the hell on earth maidens mythic is going to be...jesus fucking christ.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Did BRF normal last night so we can learn the fights for heroic on sunday. 8 bosses down with 12 wipes total. 1 gruul, 7 oregorger, 1 krog, 3 maidens. Not half bad for not having a single person read shit about the encounters lol. Gonna hit blast furnace normal and a few blackhand wipes before we knock out heroic.

I can't even fucking imagine the hell on earth maidens mythic is going to be...jesus fucking christ.
When you say "not having a single person read shit about the encounters" you're implying that the entire raid force did zero research (??) and you still 1 shot two bosses? Your tanks just dynamically figured out Gruul on the fly? I consider myself a good tank and that seems downright impossible.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Man tanks don't give a fuck about healers. I've leveled a blood DK and a survival hunter to 100 and I'm currently working on my restoration druid, who is 95. I grind as a boomkin and when I enter random dungeons, I immedIately say "one second, need to switch specs." Tank proceeds to pull 2-3 groups of trash every-damn-time. They don't give a fuck about your mana or the fact that you're burning cool downs on trash. Very annoying.

Vorph

Switch specs and drink before you click the button, 45 seconds is plenty of time. As for pulling so much trash that you have to pop cooldowns, nothing wrong with that imo. I can't stand it when tanks pull one small group at a time and then aren't moving to the next one before the previous is all dead.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
that works if your tanks know how to use their mitigation skills. Most I've encountered rarely use their standard defensive cool downs. EZ mode was standard for way too long.