World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have toons stuck on low pop servers (they were high pop years ago) and their cross realm tech sucks. Not paying them to server transfer, even at discounted prices. If I loved the game, then maybe. But I've always been casual with WoW and their shitty policies don't like casuals.

Thats another thing that theyre just being greedy on thats been hurting them for as long as its been out. Now that cross realm is such an integral part of the game, why can you just not transfer your character to a different server cluster whenever you want for free? If someone moved jobs for example, and found out their new best friend is on a different server - why punish the person just to move servers and likely play the game a much longer time? The same can be said for a faction change. Things that actually separate you from your friends and require you to pay more, or play 30+ hours more to catch up to them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Where is the icon for the MMORPG subforums from? Is that the original piercing howl/howl of terror icon?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
They had to do cross realm instances, though, without doing blatant server merges. FFXIV does the same thing. Honestly it is a good solution for making sure low population servers remain somewhat viable by letting them cluster together for the purposes of doing activities like raids, dungeons, etc.

Sure, you lose a bit of the "server community" aspect, but you know what really kills a server community? People getting frustrated that they can't find groups and quitting the game/server transferring as a solution, resulting in an actual dead server community because it is a ghost town.

True.

Ideally, I'd want to get rid of servers entirely and turn everything into a phasing instance like in WotLK leveling zones.

Each player gets their own instance of the game that remains fixed. Design leveling areas with a soft population cap, and merge player instances until the soft cap is met. Other players can be brought into the area above the soft cap if they're on your friends list or in your guild. Second, have the game track who's in the area with you and how long they're in the same area as you, and to give those people preference to being in your instance of the area.

That way the more you play the more you see the same people as you play creating the same sense of continuity that made early EQ so addictive.

It's basically my attempt to recreate the EQ progression server experience, without having to constantly reset the server a million times.

Also, with this system you'll never have to worry about NOT being able to find other players for group quests and shit. So, design leveling zones to encourage group questing and make it easy for those groups to continue to play together in instanced dungeons by providing a temporary portal to the dungeon after completing the quest.

Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder aren't bad ideas, but you shouldn't be able to queue with people you've never met before and will never meet again. The game should make it easy to form social bonds with people and to continue to reinforce those bonds.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i ended up cancelling my 2 sub's today (been subbed since the last 3-4 months of draenor). I'll probably resub when they bring out the new raid/patches until i see what they have to offer. other than that i'll be back next xpac. I'm in a US top 100 guild (i think we are 74 atm) and we've been hemorrhaging players left and right, we kept our main core throughout most of legion but we've had to do mass recruiting recently.

I start a new job in February that will require me to pull night shift for 3 months at a time every 3 months so who knows if i'll resub during that time period just to have something to do.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The best part of this mess is I have no idea who Blizzard thinks they're targeting with these changes. Even the forum guild is unable to keep pretty much everyone's interest, and we're as casual as you can get and still raid at this point.

It's like they've decided to give up on WoW entirely and focus on something else. Like selling crack on the street corner, since they've moved into lootbox territory now.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The best part of this mess is I have no idea who Blizzard thinks they're targeting with these changes. Even the forum guild is unable to keep pretty much everyone's interest, and we're as casual as you can get and still raid at this point.

It's like they've decided to give up on WoW entirely and focus on something else. Like selling crack on the street corner, since they've moved into lootbox territory now.

They simply don't know what they are doing. That blazing idiot Ion waddled in and wanted to put his own stamp of greatness on the game, but ended up right at 100% failure with all of his changes and ideas.

GCD change? Failure.
Leveling changes? Failure.
Class redesigns? Failure.
BFA story? Failure.
Island expeditions? Failure.
Warfronts? Failure.
Azerite gear? Failure.
Heart of Azeroth neck thing? Failure.
Follower mission revamp? Failure.
Zero rewards from WQ's? Failure.
No good rep rewards? Failure.
No gold income from BFA? Having to go to Legion to get gold? Failure.
Zero character progression? Failure.

Worse yet is that Ion fails to recognize any of these problems, and none of them are going to be addressed in 8.1. I know they won't be fixed in 8.2, either. Will they ever be fixed? Nope...Blizz is doubling down on the stupidity.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The worst part about ion to me is what EJ used to be. They wouldn't stand for this shit and we all know it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I have had zero issues with BfA. All I had to do was never buy it or re-sub since Legion.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
My usual cycle has been play at launch, take a break after the first tier, come back at the last and then break until the next launch. I bought when pre-sales went out but have had zero interest in playing it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone else notice their moves not registering? Idk if it's something with global CD but it's so often now il hit a button and it never goes off. I've even gotten to the point ill hit it 2-4 times look and the buff still isnt activated. Driving me insane

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does anyone else notice their moves not registering? Idk if it's something with global CD but it's so often now il hit a button and it never goes off. I've even gotten to the point ill hit it 2-4 times look and the buff still isnt activated. Driving me insane

Does it play a soft little error sound effect?

Fucker

Log Wizard

Happens to me all the time. For me, it isn't GCD because I can tab or click to target, hit the key and nothing happens. And this is from an unengaged status previously. I'm so used to it now that I hit every key twice without thinking about it.

Khane

Happens to me every once in a while as well and no idea what causes it. I just chalked it up to either lag or keyboard issues, but now it's sounding more like it might be a coding issue if it's happening to multiple people.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They simply don't know what they are doing. That blazing idiot Ion waddled in and wanted to put his own stamp of greatness on the game, but ended up right at 100% failure with all of his changes and ideas.

GCD change? Failure.
Leveling changes? Failure.
Class redesigns? Failure.
BFA story? Failure.
Island expeditions? Failure.
Warfronts? Failure.
Azerite gear? Failure.
Heart of Azeroth neck thing? Failure.
Follower mission revamp? Failure.
Zero rewards from WQ's? Failure.
No good rep rewards? Failure.
No gold income from BFA? Having to go to Legion to get gold? Failure.
Zero character progression? Failure.

Worse yet is that Ion fails to recognize any of these problems, and none of them are going to be addressed in 8.1. I know they won't be fixed in 8.2, either. Will they ever be fixed? Nope...Blizz is doubling down on the stupidity.
You know how they're going to fix the Legion thing? Make the gold rewards from WQ's down to 5-10g. Though they might still be worth doing even then comparatively.

Warfronts could have been something so much more. Adding a heroic version with a much more challenging encounter requiring guild coordination and buff the shit out of the Warfront Azerite group bonuses (as is, they're at the bottom). Literally could have been a supplement raid, not a supplemental LFR shit show.

Even Island Expeditions, like most of these things, are good in concept, but not execution. Nobody really liked scenarios, so not sure why they tried that approach again, but could have been a lot better if there was a piece tied to a reward that wasn't linked to the piece of shit necklace...

Khane

What exactly was this Blizzcon? Not only did they not announce anything new or even mildly interesting for WoW. But they didn't announce anything interesting at all... for any of their games. Unless maybe people think porting diablo 3 to mobile is interesting? Or slapping some new graphics onto a 16 year old game and charging for it? They can't even do their fucking convention right anymore? What the hell is going on at Blizzard?

All I remember about Warcraft III was how much I hated it because Warcraft II was one of my favorite games of all time and they fucking ruined it with that hero shit. But I guess it spawned an entire new genre of mega popular games because of how good the map editor was.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Warfronts could have been something so much more. Adding a heroic version with a much more challenging encounter requiring guild coordination and buff the shit out of the Warfront Azerite group bonuses (as is, they're at the bottom). Literally could have been a supplement raid, not a supplemental LFR shit show.

They actually are adding this. Apparently they want to make it substantially more difficult. We will see if that is what actually ends up happening.