World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its something like Skill level of fish equals 270 / Lowest and most profitable skill up time is at 225 (example) / Skill ups hinging greatly over fishing up actual fish / Equip Nats fishing pole, the hat, a lure/bait (There is more gear, but that shit is easy to get) and now your fishing skill is 270 / You can now fish up a pond as low as 270 but will want to stay where your skill exceeds the pond. Now you're fishing up fish reliably at a skill level much lower and gaining skill quickly. That, or you can just bot in Dalaran with any number of bots on the web.

All depends on your server for pvp, usually. Stormrage is strangely 50/50 even though its alliance majority. The time period of WOTLK on Kil'Jaeden - that server was alliance dominated in pvp. You could be a lil bitch and afk in that bg and still get a win reliably.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a speed up mechanic to level up fishing quickly? I know with cooking and engineering if your skill level is low you can get 5 skill points per item made. I assume the other trade skills work similarly. I've never bothered with fishing because its boring but if there is a way to speed it up I would do it to prep for WoD cooking.
Fishing... well, a couple things that can help you are the daily quests in Orgrimarr/Stormwind where you can usually make 3 or 4 points quite quickly, then there is the darkmoon faire, which I think gives +5 skillups. These are not faster, just a bit different to break monotony.
The problem is that no matter how you turn it around, you'll need to catch anywhere from 1800 to 2000 fishes. Pandaria gives no junk, but golden carps until you are high enough. Fishing from pools in Pandaria always gives the appropriate fishes for the pool no matter the skill level (which can make it profitable, to a point as we're late in the expansion). Alternatively you can make gold with deviate fish and other interesting catches if you go in the Barrens.

In the end, go fishing only if you don't mind chilling around for a while, maybe if you stay on teamspeak with friends or like to listen music while playing. Get a mod that lets you use right click to cast your line (fishingbuddy maybe, can't remember exact name) and have a mount with vendors to unload all the crap you are fishing up, so you don't have to move, ever. Sometimes I go in vanilla zones, in some recluse area, just because I want to explore the changes in the world from Cataclysm, which I didn't play much because I had 10 level 80s when Cata launched and in my travels I pull out the +20 skill fishing pole I used to farm in Desolace underwater (it was tradeable
wink.png
) and start clearing all the pools I find (with Find Fish, a tracking skill I got from a book during TBC).

I'm in the process of switching main character to a monk and I'll eventually get around to level fishing, there are periods in game where I don't mind doing that for an hour or two.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Pushing around the idea of coming back for WoD. I skipped MoP entirely so I'll have to purchase that as well which isn't a big deal. If I use the insta 90 code on my 85 priest will I be good to go right when WoD releases or do I need to spend some time still catching up?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pushing around the idea of coming back for WoD. I skipped MoP entirely so I'll have to purchase that as well which isn't a big deal. If I use the insta 90 code on my 85 priest will I be good to go right when WoD releases or do I need to spend some time still catching up?
I'd say come back nowish and see MoP along and use the 90 boost on someone else.

Needless

Toe Sucker
you're good if you flat out boost a char right from the get go. the ilevel on a boosted char is 483 and the very first quest item level stuff you'll get in WoD is basically the same as any ToT LFR raid loot (500ish, blues are 506). So it's not really worth doing a bunch of Timeless Isle because you're still going to upgrade from that 496 garbage pretty quickly.

I would definitely just play through the content though if you're already 85, it doesn't take long and it's pretty-alright the first time through, then grind up an alt to 60, choose 2 professions you want for them and then boost that character (which will max their 2 professions you chose as well)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I resubbed about a month ago and the MoP expansion was already active on my account even though I never purchased it. Think some other people mentioned they got it for free as well.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just started playing WOW last week and MOP was not included in the basic WOW which apparently I had for free in my battle net account somehow, it had everything through Cata. They had a deal to get MOP with WOD for $55 though and I got that.

I got MOP for free to and the only thing I did is do the trial they offered when it first came out. I only played the trial for a few hours but it flagged my account MoP and never came off.

Rime

<Donor>
Some people were given MoP by 'accident' when they were doing a promotional event a few months ago. If your account was flagged, congratulations! Free MoP! If not, you are stuck buying it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im not 100% sure, but I somehow gained a secondary account thats enabled up to Cata a while back. I think they just randomly give out shit and see if it gets them new customers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I hit 90 like two days ago and realizing that I definitely do not have enough time to do the cloak because RNG hates me, I'm just rolling horde, lol. Two friends coming back to the game convinced me as well.

Heeeeeere we go again, level time. I'm saving my 90 boost for now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have to say, between the four cloaks the melee dps one is the only one that actually feels exciting when it procs.

The healer and tank ones are just sort of 'OK I guess that happened' and the caster one isn't much better. My hunter's one is kind of cool to pew pew multishot but the melee cloak just feels awesome when it procs. It makes me wonder why they didn't make the caster one continue to fire off instead of just be a dumb dot. Or make the tank one have a big ass 'not today asshat!' graphic when it procced.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have to say, between the four cloaks the melee dps one is the only one that actually feels exciting when it procs.

The healer and tank ones are just sort of 'OK I guess that happened' and the caster one isn't much better. My hunter's one is kind of cool to pew pew multishot but the melee cloak just feels awesome when it procs. It makes me wonder why they didn't make the caster one continue to fire off instead of just be a dumb dot. Or make the tank one have a big ass 'not today asshat!' graphic when it procced.
The balls out hack and slash is definitely the coolest looking, sucks though when you are at range doing no damage while you hack away. The tank one, I feel like is the most utilitarian though in that it literally will save your life from time to time.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't remember him being that hard, but this is like the only fight in the history of WoW where blizzard doesn't hate melee and I was a paladin.
I finally beat it with the move pad as well. It still bugged out about 10 attempts in a row but eventually he didn't stop randomly and wipe me.
^^ This Dandai. He's not 'hard', it's basically just kill him before you run out of room. The issue is he just STOPS and gets the buff and you wipe. A lot.

I frequently had it where he would spawn, I would stay at range and just howling blast him to pull him, and he would still get fucking stacks while waddling his ass over to me, before the fight even started. I wiped so many times because this asshole decided to just stop moving for a fraction of a second when he was at 10%. The worst is cornering, even just backpeddling constantly you have to make the corners really wide to prevent him from getting stuck while you do a 90 degree turn. Generally a neat idea but the fight works horrifically. Flipside: Hexos is 'harder' but I've never had it shit out on me. I'm sure you can lag and die and that sucks, but the mechanics work.

darkko_sl

shitlord
If I do come back, my first week is gonna be a lot of maintenance and figuring out what the hell has changed lol. I'll probably be playing my Priest. Have there been big changes to the holy/shadow specs?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If I do come back, my first week is gonna be a lot of maintenance and figuring out what the hell has changed lol. I'll probably be playing my Priest. Have there been big changes to the holy/shadow specs?
If you haven't played since wrath, there are significant changes to shadow, not sure about holy.