World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Half the fun of doing leveling quests is to get and use the quest rewards. I'm glad I have shit gear, so I can start replacing stuff immediately. It isn't fun to level up with the same shit, which is why heirlooms took a lot of fun out of leveling up alts.

Menion_sl

shitlord
You can spam run Heroic - its a joke now. If anything, find a solid group and get your Hellscream's Downfall title from Mythic Garrosh, and the mythic Heirloom. You cant really say your work is going to poof, either. Because certain Warforged Mythic items will still be around when you go into your first Normal dungeon, and a bit further. Making those dungeons absolute push overs. Item level matters, but set bonuses and trinket effects weigh more than you think. The only thing I think Ill enjoy is having a full suit of Life Steal on my mage to help me solo older raids (MoP raids for example). I get tired of being a glass cannon sometimes.
I was talking to the guy who was contemplating leveling his DK from 85 to 90 to get more Timeless 496 gear. Never said anything about Warforged Mythic. I won't start replacing gear on my Mage until somewhere in Spires if that information above is correct. Sure my Mage's gear is going to help that character level faster. However, if I had a choice between grinding 496 armor right now and getting prepared for the expansion I would choose the later.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Soooo, finished all the chests in Timeless, got myself a nice set of gear, even got 3 burdens....except nobody fucking told me burdens are only useable on armor you have not yet converted.....

Sooo, I got these burdens, and no fucking piece of gear to use them on. I want to hang myself. u_u

Edit : Oh wait, yes...I have almost a full set of cloth timeless armor in my bank...and no fucking intention of playing a caster anytime soon.
Group up, grind frogs, you'll be fucking SWIMMING in epics... and you'll have a metric fuckton of tokens to upgrade your shit.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So sad they removed the lilypads from frogs. Now I can't get rich AND upgrade my alts.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
However, if I had a choice between grinding 496 armor right now and getting prepared for the expansion I would choose the later.
Levelling to 90 is still important, notably for those profession alts (although with 3-item restriction, it's not as much important as it used to be).

Most of my prof alts in Cata and MoP got fed their components, got their skills to 525/600, then, when I had time, I got them leveled. It worked, since you could get profession even not fully leveled for the expansion. For most, I simply leveled using archeology; all deposits in vanilla lands give full gathering XP with rested XP bonus, and if a mob decide to pick on you, it dies instantly and horribly. It's fast and competitive with questing, which I'm usually fed up with when levelling my engineer (usually the last profession alt).

In WoD, that simply does not work. None of the trainers offer your 700 skill unlock; you actually have to go to Draenor and kill mobs to get your professions unlocked, since apparently you need to get a random scroll drop for everything. The alternative involve building your garrison to level 2 (which require quest line to be followed), which unlock all your buildings, which apparently offer training at last. So that means levelling to 92 asap, including at least unlocking the garrison.

(disclaimer: I'm not in beta, I'm just reading the various profession guides around)

So, gearing up is not important, being 90 is.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished up the few things I had left to do, including levelling fishing, and now I just need to cap the Anglers for the mount and assorted goods.

The 6.0 patch brought a valuable bonus for me: it made most of the classes play like shit, so I found out that my altoholicism is severely reduced. Right now I decided to stick with just one character (monk) because I love 2 specs out of 3 (it was all 3 pre patch, but fuck it, I'll deal with the Mistweaving at level 100 and see how it plays, hoping they change this "two stances, half the fun" crap) and for the first time since the end of WotLK, leave alts behind, like in the good old days. The great thing is that I won't need to level them up quickly for the professions anymore. The only other character I still love is the druid, but honestly, playing WW or BM monk is more engaging than feral and guardian which I played for 10 years and are still fundamentally the same bear ass and cat ass.

Yesterday I managed to get about 5k gold per hour without even noticing, so now I have all the gold I need for the xpack and more. Damn, I'm ready for WoD, bring it on!

(I'll miss Pandaria, a lot).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The Eye of Azshara will be the name of Warcraft 4. Trust me. It just is.

/runs away and hides...

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Earned my wings.
14 more darkmoon tokens and I'll have the mount I still need. Not going back I guess. (Edit: crap, I need both mounts still... going back next time, I guess)

Will be done with argent tournament mounts sometime next week. Not going back for a long while either.

MoP has been good to me. Sitting on 200k and I even spent 150k on carries (1 challenge mode 9/9 for the mounts, 4x garrosh for easy heirlooms). Not even counting the mounts I bought along the way.

New goal: goldcap in WoD. I hope I can keep it up.

Bentern

Golden Knight of the Realm
If I skipped mist but want to try the WoD expansion, do I have to buy mist first? Or is it included in the new expansion?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Check your account status, I hear lots of people got MoP added to their battle.net account for free, it's also now included in the battle chest allegedly.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Earned my wings.
14 more darkmoon tokens and I'll have the mount I still need. Not going back I guess.
Will be done with argent tournament mounts sometime next week. Not going back for a long while either.

MoP has been good to me. Sitting on 200k and I even spent 150k on carries (1 challenge mode 9/9 for the mounts, 4x garrosh for easy heirlooms). Not even counting the mounts I bought along the way.

New goal: goldcap in WoD. I hope I can keep it up.
Wings?

Menion_sl

shitlord
Levelling to 90 is still important, notably for those profession alts (although with 3-item restriction, it's not as much important as it used to be).

Most of my prof alts in Cata and MoP got fed their components, got their skills to 525/600, then, when I had time, I got them leveled. It worked, since you could get profession even not fully leveled for the expansion. For most, I simply leveled using archeology; all deposits in vanilla lands give full gathering XP with rested XP bonus, and if a mob decide to pick on you, it dies instantly and horribly. It's fast and competitive with questing, which I'm usually fed up with when levelling my engineer (usually the last profession alt).

In WoD, that simply does not work. None of the trainers offer your 700 skill unlock; you actually have to go to Draenor and kill mobs to get your professions unlocked, since apparently you need to get a random scroll drop for everything. The alternative involve building your garrison to level 2 (which require quest line to be followed), which unlock all your buildings, which apparently offer training at last. So that means levelling to 92 asap, including at least unlocking the garrison.

(disclaimer: I'm not in beta, I'm just reading the various profession guides around)

So, gearing up is not important, being 90 is.
Agree that leveling to 90 is important. Just wanted to point something out. When you get your level 1 garrison (Right after Tannan) and place your profession building you can buy the profession scroll off the building vendor for 100g.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well getting those wings was pretty damn easy. I was just screwing around with my first try to get the feel for it and managed to get to 50.

Its funny that they can't manage to fix the Stormwind damage from Cataclysm because they are soooo busy. Having seen the content in WoD, which artistically isn't that great, I'm a bit surprised by this. Fixing the geography in Stormwind would be a simple matter of redoing the ground polygons and then tossing in a bunch of Gilneas art assets to make the former Park more of a New Gilneas and you'd be done.

The bigger issue is that the numbnuts who created Cataclysm in the first place were not forward thinking at all and managed to hook a major portion of the storyline progression for that expansion into the wreckage of Stormwind. Thus the only way to repair the city would be to first erase or rework that whole quest series with Anduin before heading to the Twilight Highlands. Not insurmountable, but requires a lot of database editing and rework that puts it outside of just tasking Junior Modeller04 for a couple days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I won't be doing the legendary cloak questline. I wanted to if it was feasible, but there's no reason for me to spend all that time for a small chance of getting it.

I did gear up my DK a little, just because it had terrible gear. Think I got to ilvl 515 or something around there in one day of doing LFR/buying cheap epics from some vendors/intro WOD questline. I ended up grabbing the 2h Heroic BOA, so I 'm good to go for the expansion. I'll pass the weapon to my brand new 90 warrior when I want to level him as well.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having seen the content in WoD, which artistically isn't that great, I'm a bit surprised.
Really? I'm surprised by this as I feel like the art of the zones has never looked better. I'm curious how the masses will feel once it's released.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They claim they can't do it because there's quests there. There's one quest to kill cultists in the ruined area.
Thisone, yes. And it can be easily reworked by dropping the "slay cultists" request, move Jack Bauden (in less than 24h, no less) to some random building back, and done.

But yea. That would require someone from the quest team to rework it slightly.