World of Warcraft: Current Year

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I don't really understand why people give a shit about getting bonus days. Obviously its better than nothing, but 5 days is equal to $2.50. I struggle to understand the type of human that can get frothing mad at not being able to play a video game but then gets a few bucks and now all is well?

Don't get me wrong -- I don't get mad that I can't play games, I'm just perplexed at the idiosyncratic behavior involving subscription fees and "bonus days"....

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Good read Xen, how are you liking the Jewelcrafting setup? I've been hearing tons of bad things about it.

And yeah... ashran is weird as fk but some of the bonus areas in there give you 500 honor on completion so that's a thing.
Jewel crafting is meh, the 640 stuff require 100 taladites to make. But then to upgrade to 655 requires 150 more taladite plus 15 savage bloods, then upgrade to 665 requires 200 taladites and 15 savage blood, same as the other armor crafting trades. So really 450 taladites and 30 savage bloods for one item, and you only get like 6-12 taladites per day from work orders. The high quality gems 50 to stats, cost 50 taladites plus stuff from enchanting and herbalism. Easy to keep work orders maxed though.

The follower daily is shit though because have to burn 10 taladites making rings for 200-280 gold. No perks either like a mount or something, I only get to make a gem to swap appearances with a party member lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't really understand why people give a shit about getting bonus days. Obviously its better than nothing, but 5 days is equal to $2.50. I struggle to understand the type of human that can get frothing mad at not being able to play a video game but then gets a few bucks and now all is well?

Don't get me wrong -- I don't get mad that I can't play games, I'm just perplexed at the idiosyncratic behavior involving subscription fees and "bonus days"....
It's the principle. They're refunding you for days that you were unable to properly utilize their services. It doesn't make it "all is well", but it makes them square with us financially.

I don't know what else you would want them to do?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's the principle. They're refunding you for days that you were unable to properly utilize their services. It doesn't make it "all is well", but it makes them square with us financially.

I don't know what else you would want them to do?
I knew someone would say the "principle". Yea whatever, I get that. I just dgaf; I'm not wealthy by any means but what the fuck does $2.50 get me. I spent that on three krispy kreme's this morning that made me feel like shit. Answered that question.

I just feel like MMO players who get bent out of shape over anything act like rabblers on south park -- foaming at the mouth mad that they flew in friends from across the world to LAN for the launch of an expansion and HOLY SHIT ITS LAGGY WITH QUEUES HOW COULD WE EVER HAVE PREDICTED THIS!? Then a few days later, all is well (once again, historical precendent?), and Bliz hands everyone some donuts and PRAISE BLIZZARD!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm with you. $2.50 isn't anything to me really and I'm still a little bent out of shape as I had to listen to my wife bitch, but I also wasn't frothing at the mouth like a lot of dudes were. Not forgiven but at least they don't owe me any money.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm with you. $2.50 isn't anything to me really and I'm still a little bent out of shape as I had to listen to my wife bitch, but I also wasn't frothing at the mouth like a lot of dudes were. Not forgiven but at least they don't owe me any money.
Hand your wife the $2.50 and say I'm sorry about the video game weekend. Report back with results plz.

My girl got a little squirrely, I cooked dinner during the queue and she shut the fk up.

Railin_sl

shitlord
I would had been more pissed off if I took time off work like a lot of people did, the worst that happened to me was my wife and I dropped the kids off at her parents Thursday to stay the night. We were planning to play all night, but didn't even get to log in until midnight or so...

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I would had been more pissed off if I took time off work like a lot of people did, the worst that happened to me was my wife and I dropped the kids off at her parents Thursday to stay the night. We were planning to play all night, but didn't even get to log in until midnight or so...
I had the brillant idea of "Hey ill take Friday off and have a three day weekend and get started on the xpac Friday. Most issues should be sorted by then right???" ... In the end its not the worst thing I've ever done but it sure was disappointing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll never understand those that take a full day off work to play day 1 of a video game, specifically an expac of an MMORPG. It's not like the game is going anywhere, world firsts don't mean anything anymore and you probably lost more money (in vacation/sick leave) for that day then the expac probably cost. I guess it's just me getting older.

Now get off my lawn.

Carl_sl

shitlord
woke up 6 am, played all day thursday with no lag, woke up friday whenever, played all day with no que and no lag, repeat for every day after that. Playing on retarded rexxar paid off.

Edit: so you can start work orders with a follower assigned to the station then pull them off and still get the bonus?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice to know, was wondering if they needed to be assigned during the whole work order or not. Thanks!
Update to this, they may need to be assigned to the building when you place the work orders too. I'm not 100% on that, but I always assign my followers, pick up the completed shit, and immediately fill it back up before going back to the town hall to unassign them.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Update to this, they may need to be assigned to the building when you place the work orders too. I'm not 100% on that, but I always assign my followers, pick up the completed shit, and immediately fill it back up before going back to the town hall to unassign them.
If they are not level 100 it is not guaranteed they will double the output of the work order either.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't even think it's guaranteed at 100 either, unless Goldmane doesn't have any effect on meat work orders.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I tested this after your post about this last night, they don't need to be assigned when you place. I had a work order ready to pickup at my engineering building so I assigned the engineering guy (had never assigned anyone to it before) and picked up the order, got 2 gearspring parts instead of the usual 1. Took him off and sent him back out on missions. They may nerf this but it really isn't a big deal after the first week while we're leveling our profession followers. Once his casual ass hits 100 he's staying on the eng building.