World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes I think it has to be from launch to now with a continuous sub
That is what I figured I took a break over pandaria so I doubt I qualify. For a continuous unbroken account streak for 10 years that likely cuts the numbers of people they need to ship these down to a very managable number.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't WoW launch with like 1m+ subs? No way they'd ship out a pretty nice statue like that to that many people.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_88043.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't WoW launch with like 1m+ subs? No way they'd ship out a pretty nice statue like that to that many people.
Yeah, but I would guess it's far less who were active for the 10 year anniversary and started their account back then. If it's continually subbed for the duration, then it's probably a very small amount. Almost everyone I know has taken breaks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lame my current account is from 2008, i still have one under my email that is from 2004 but its been inactive since 2008 lol
I assume that won't count
frown.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I might buy one on EBAY with all the money I saved for not being subbed for all those times when there was zero fucking new content. Hell I could afford to buy 3.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I might buy one on EBAY with all the money I saved for not being subbed for all those times when there was zero fucking new content. Hell I could afford to buy 3.
It's too bad because in vanilla they literally had extra content with Naxx coming out towards the end of the cycle and being so difficult.. I don't know why they've turned this into a thing where the last year of an expansion is absolutely nothing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Probably because hardly anyone got to experience Naxx despite it being a really awesome instance. I'm sure 9/10 people experienced Naxx for the first time in WotlK. I was in the #2 horde guild on a fairly progress server and we still never downed Horsemen. Though towards the latter part when they announced that all the gear we're getting will be replaced by level 64 greens it started to get harder and harder to field 40 bodies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's too bad because in vanilla they literally had extra content with Naxx coming out towards the end of the cycle and being so difficult.. I don't know why they've turned this into a thing where the last year of an expansion is absolutely nothing.
I do think they have done an amazing job over the years. I don't play anymore but my daughter plays on my original CE account and I keep up with the game. I think what happened is that they just got so big and everyone just kept subbing that they didn't feel a need to invest all that money back into creating more content. Combine that with MMO after MMO trying to copy them and failing, they are basically like your local cable company internet with no competition.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funny that you should mention that, because the hotfix this week that nerfed Blood Boil by 33% could only possibly be justified as a nerf to Blood AE had the side effect of also gutting Blood ST--which was never anything special at all--and knocking about 8k dps off Unholy BiS sims for multiple-target fights. That's why I have little faith in them achieving any kind of parity before BRF, as clearly there is either ignorance [of side effects] or incompetence running wild in the group doing these hotfixes.

Personally I think Blood and Druid ST damage is about where it should be, monk and warrior are too high now, and the first paladin nerf did absolutely nothing to bring them in line. Haven't seen the results of the second one, but I am skeptical.
I never said they were GOOD at evening things out :p

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just checked my account and it had my old Ohio address. If they did send one to me, the guy who owns my old house now has it.
frown.png
Maybe they'll check it against the billing address for the credit card on file?

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
I just got mine. My 'Week 2' account had a lapse of 3.5 months, but my second account (2008) was active over that time. Don't know if the first account got in under the wire, or they looked at my bnet account for 'continuous' subscriptions. I got the email from Blizzafterthe package was delivered (to my old house, which I still own, so I just ran over an got it.)

The award isverycool though.

Zastlyn

Peasant
They sent an email (or an account notification?) out a couple of months ago asking people to update their information.