World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah if anything it should definitely scale with each band, 50-60 being the longest outside of the natural post 60 raid band

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They made a "new" raid, no way that's for 6 weeks. Try 6 months lol.

3 months is the best case scenario.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
3 months for all of level 60 content? I mean why shouldn't they scale molten core down to be a level 40 raid instead of scaling it up then?

Dumb fucking company takes lower level raiding very seriously but refuses to scale /ANY/ of their 7ish high level raids down to the lower level raiding scene.

We're going to get 3 months of 60 then it will die to some new incarnation in the same way they released this like two days after Hardcore was released just a few months ago.

Clear case of purgatory 'you won't get persistence in fun' shit.

I'm trying to figure out how to combat this with persistence in gaming. Quarm EQ? WoW Retail? Can be sure once SoD goes to Era SoD it will be killed off by something in 1-3 months just like era and HC was killed off. I can't speak to Wrath's health but era is a ghost town and was massive a few weeks ago.

I will literally do anything and everything to avoid being an artist or some influencer of importance and working on things I don't want to work on (self expression is masterbation and I don't need people to consume my /artistic expression/ from when I had a life back in 2014. I'm a shop cashier as work and that's good enough for me.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
False. I am. And I am hurt. But yeah I did all dungeon runs to level. Haven't done most of barrens or ANY of the undead starting area.

tbf zero chance i would run it back on horde and im already ready to jump onto retail do the new raid and lapse the sub.

bfd was genuinely neat, but it's not meaty enough to stick around for. check out this baller crit though.

1701799306496.png

pvp this tier is mostly boring due to lack of skills available and i already out gear 99% of the server so i just lawn mower them. next phase should be infinitely more fun for pvp since we actually get good skills/talents up through 40.

1701799413762.png

it really is a good effort/test run for when they do a true classic+ or whatever though so legit gj to blizzard and a huge win for casual WoWers imo.

• 1Weird Boner

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why do people think it'll last 1 year? Because Season of Shit was 1 year?

I thought they are adding new lv60 content, wouldn't be surprised if there's progression with raids opening and new tiers.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do people think it'll last 1 year? Because Season of Shit was 1 year?

I thought they are adding new lv60 content, wouldn't be surprised if there's progression with raids opening and new tiers.
Probably because of SoM lasting 14months. But this has been fun so far and if they keep the quality up I could see this lasting way longer than a year. Especially if they are just starting to release level 60 stuff.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
calm down Jasker don't take anything chris says seriously, he's a fucking retard. 6 months per leveling phase? fucking lol.

leveling phases will be 4-6 weeks and then once we're 60 im sure they'll be raiding phases on top of that. It all depends on how popular the game mode is on how long it will last. 1 year is the minimum. Season of Mastery got 1 year even though people abandoned it wholesale after 1 month.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
calm down Jasker don't take anything chris says seriously, he's a fucking retard. 6 months per leveling phase? fucking lol.

leveling phases will be 4-6 weeks and then once we're 60 im sure they'll be raiding phases on top of that. It all depends on how popular the game mode is on how long it will last. 1 year is the minimum. Season of Mastery got 1 year even though people abandoned it wholesale after 1 month.

Good point. Sorry to be salty.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

Ya you are right you would need like the people in charge who ran eq TLPs with 3 months of classic and then 3 months of kunark for them to be crazy enough to go 3 months.

you retards realize someone saying 3 months is likely is not the same as them saying 3 months is good. Separate someone’s analysis from their opinion.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
lmao i havent seen it to this degree but its been pretty funny

turns out if you just bot shit to level 25 and keep questing youll get mad gold from quests when your xp bar is disabled
That's always been the case in WoW. Now that 19 years of repressed memories are starting to come flooding back. People would intentionally start doing only green quests at 55 or grind xp in dungeons to get to 60 and then save all 55+ quests to do for gold.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's always been the case in WoW. Now that 19 years of repressed memories are starting to come flooding back. People would intentionally start doing only green quests at 55 or grind xp in dungeons to get to 60 and then save all 55+ quests to do for gold.
Yeah its been like that at the top end but its just funny to see it happen at 25, specially with how fast you can hit 25

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Since Blizzard won't bother stopping botters, for those who want to torpedo their experience and buy gold, just ask for the discord handle from one of the bots or power levelers. They'll usually do transactions through Paypal. Women botters are usually scammers.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After leveling so many times in WoW I'd honestly be relieved if the optimal path was just grinding shit your level. I get a headache just thinking about the optimal quest pickup and routes to follow to maximize leveling speed. I'd rather just get a buzz and murder mobs.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
These WoW players can't fucking dodge these shadow murlocs, meanwhile I'm getting through with zero damage from my FF14 training.

Then warrior is getting pissy that we have 2 tanks and doesn't think we need me, boss has a tank switch mechanic from stacking debuffs...

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

These WoW players can't fucking dodge these shadow murlocs, meanwhile I'm getting through with zero damage from my FF14 training.

Then warrior is getting pissy that we have 2 tanks and doesn't think we need me, boss has a tank switch mechanic from stacking debuffs...
Low level is going to have major differences, and dunno how much the runes helped the situation, but I have vague memories of non healer Paladins being kinda trash in Vanilla due to the "hybrid tax." Blizzard tossed them just enough bones in a couple fights, in each raid where they were sometimes dragged along, but for the most part, I remember them sitting if they didn't want to heal (unless it was on farm). I know, for at least a few fight in AQ prog, we had paladins sit outside to give blessings, but went heavy on other classes for the actual first few kills.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You know what's weird? 2004 feels like yesterday and also a lifetime ago.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users