World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

TLDR - PvP servers will have faction balance. Only starting with a few number of servers after they fumbled the classic launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

TLDR - PvP servers will have faction balance. Only starting with a few number of servers after they fumbled the classic launch.
proper TLDR:
omg they *might* actually try something to balance factions on PVP servers? but only if factions become super imbalanced, and only if nobody complains about not being able to make the character they want on that server.

Also they are begging everyone that doesn't want to pvp not to roll on pvp servers, lol.

Props to them for finally doing something or at least considering doing something but it probably would have had a much better impact if you hadn't announced abilities that completely trivialize horde and make alliance more OP off the rip.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
So they just posted about how racials like Blood Fury are still in and will not be shared or balanced. They did hint that weapon skill alleviations are likely to occur.

tldr Orcs still zugzug race for horde wars

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So they just posted about how racials like Blood Fury are still in and will not be shared or balanced. They did hint that weapon skill alleviations are likely to occur.

tldr Orcs still zugzug race for horde wars

Orc War zugzug is going to be on steroids with Blood Fury stacking lol.

Too bad they don't get bladestorm, maybe later.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are they ways to fix it? sure yeah. lock character creation on servers with imbalances. Separate queues for factions, etc. but they haven't implemented that shit for 20 fucking years and they sure as fuck aren't going to start now,

URL unfurl="true"]https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/realms-expectations-for-season-of-discovery/478122[/URL]

loooooooooool

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They should fix it with layering.

Layer 1 has equal Horde and Alliance. Layer 2 is Horde only. Add layers as needed for either category.

• 1Potato

Animosity

They should fix it with layering.

Layer 1 has equal Horde and Alliance. Layer 2 is Horde only. Add layers as needed for either category.
That has nothing to do with faction imbalances. But the servers will also have layering.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be curious to see if we end up with a Horde and an Alliance FoH guild (not necessarily in name, but w/e). I have half my friends wanting each side.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got too much grass and ass to touch to poopsock an MMO atm and I don't do casual very well.

Start another pandemic though and we might be in business.

2024 election is right around the corner. Another pandemic is sitting at 92% probability to keep Trump from office.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Layering doesnt fix faction imbalance moron.
Perhaps it's just me being a PvP server player and assuming part of the faction balance problem is World PvP being one sided.

I guess PvE homosexuals just do it to have larger guild recruitment pools.

Animosity

Perhaps it's just me being a PvP server player and assuming part of the faction balance problem is World PvP being one sided.

I guess PvE homosexuals just do it to have larger guild recruitment pools.
All layering does is create temporary zones to stop overcrowding so 10000 people arent trying to kill the same boars. It doesnt stop 90% of people choosing one faction on a server.

Chris

Potato del Grande
All layering does is create temporary zones to stop overcrowding so 10000 people arent trying to kill the same boars. It doesnt stop 90% of people choosing one faction on a server.
I'm saying that if there are 100 alliance players and 1000 horde players, putting 100 alliance and 100 horde in layer 1 then the rest of the horde in layer 2-5 - at least alliance players won't quit the server from being overwhelmed in world PvP.

I admit it won't solve PvE guild recruitment.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm saying that if there are 100 alliance players and 1000 horde players, putting 100 alliance and 100 horde in layer 1 then the rest of the horde in layer 2-5 - at least alliance players won't quit the server from being overwhelmed in world PvP.

I admit it won't solve PvE guild recruitment.
Also doesn't solve auction house being dead or competition for open-world resources being completely fucked on the smaller side also.

My understanding is that herb and mine nodes only appear once regardless of how many layers, correct?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also doesn't solve auction house being dead or competition for open-world resources being completely fucked on the smaller side also.

My understanding is that herb and mine nodes only appear once regardless of how many layers, correct?
Really? That's fucked up.

AH is easy, just have one AH for both factions. Why not?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

Incorrect, spawn times and spawns are different across all layers. You can keep timers for black lotus on different layers.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really? That's fucked up.

AH is easy, just have one AH for both factions. Why not?
Turtle Wow does this. All auction houses are just one big auction house. You can also guild, group, and raid with any faction. You can still PVP out in the open if you want to and you just cant go into the opposing faction towns.

It really makes the game much better IMO.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Turtle Wow does this. All auction houses are just one big auction house. You can also guild, group, and raid with any faction. You can still PVP out in the open if you want to and you just cant go into the opposing faction towns.

It really makes the game much better IMO.
So its like retail