World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but how's that going to work if you have loot that doesn't exist in Vanilla? lol

This feels like more of a test for something new entirely. An extended PTR.
I assume this SoD will run it's course as long as it needs, a year or so. Then they will announce Classic Plus and have a permanent server for what worked in SoD. This they will then continue expanding.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume this SoD will run it's course as long as it needs, a year or so. Then they will announce Classic Plus and have a permanent server for what worked in SoD. This they will then continue expanding.
Yeah, probably safe to assume this is a lengthy beta test of what could be for classic

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hated hated hearing when they removed content from destiny etc. But the classic + makes sense to me in that, with so many years in the game, the systems that are brought in then abandoned by next expansion leaves such a convoluted mess if you wanting to see a lot of it. So easy to be lost. I loved hearing about level/damage number compression. In early days could just watch damage and have a good idea ish about how it's going. I hated once everythings just +1% more gear score moar better and just massive numbers flying everwhere, it was a lot harder to watch than watching your MS start ticking for 900 from 750.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This server is literally classic +

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This server is literally classic +
It's not permanent though. So I don't think it's fully classic plus. I think it's the testing ground to see what we like rather than accidentally killing the golden goose with their ineptitude.

Sludig

Laaame. Can do free lv 20 in live, but not any classic mode. Was hoping to train the wife on closer to what we'll be getting vs the smoothed out fast and easy starts that are live.

Need to figure out what maco's and addons are worth a shit/needed.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've never used addons. I've been watching the streamers play lately and they all have alot of wacky stuff going.

Will there be any big downtime before it starts? I should probably just make something on classic and experiment with UI a day early.

• 1Seriously?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I've never used addons. I've been watching the streamers play lately and they all have alot of wacky stuff going.

Will there be any big downtime before it starts? I should probably just make something on classic and experiment with UI a day early.

Streamers are autistic and need add ons to help with their autism.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That one addon for leveling is nice. Tells you where to go and do what.. If its the only mod to use, its that one for sure. Especially if you want to syay ahead of the curve where all the mobs to kill are still there. Its eiter that or wait to start a week or two IMO. The worst part in leveling is to be with the big group and all the mobs are dead and 4-5 people spawn camping every quest area to kill something. I would honestly do a 24 hr to start TBH. To make sure youre well ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depending on the class weakauras are a must imo. Putting all the important abilities/buffs/debuffs/CD's/resources in a layout where you can see everything in peripheral vision allows you to just focus on the fight instead of the UI.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not permanent though. So I don't think it's fully classic plus. I think it's the testing ground to see what we like rather than accidentally killing the golden goose with their ineptitude.
I think it might be permanent. In interviews they have said they want people to be able to use these characters after SoD is over. They haven't said exactly how that will work b/c I think they are going to wait and see what the community wants.

• 1Like

Sludig

I didnt play wow classic, what's everyones thoughts on tradeskills. I remember in vanilla, stuff like blacksmithing was am utter pain in the dick, and didn't really have anything that rewarded the smith directly that you couldn't just buy from another other than maybe arcanite reaper?

Not sure what the best for 2 characters not being hardcore would be, Herb/alch and tailor/enchant, or enchant probably a waste of time if you arn't try harding, in which case maybe skinning as an extra loot pickup? Fuck for all I know engineering might almost be worthwhile if they change anything.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Start each character double gathering, then transition into whatever's useful. They've added, and will continue to add, new SoD specific patterns to SoD. Each of the armor crafters can now make an excellent piece of gear for the current level cap, and they also added raid specific consumables to give them repeat sellable stuff. Engineering is super powerful baseline.

The one that looks initially weak is alchemy, since it'll be like 9 months until we hit the important consumables/funky trinkets.

Also, save any Small Eggs you get leveling, lazy people pay good money for them during the Christmas event.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
With pvp balancing initiated talks I'm likely going pvp now, east coast, alliance.

Can we not pick the busiest fucking server like we did with Whitemane for classic guild? Jesus Christ those multi-hour queues forced me to move elsewhere.

• 1Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I didnt play wow classic, what's everyones thoughts on tradeskills. I remember in vanilla, stuff like blacksmithing was am utter pain in the dick, and didn't really have anything that rewarded the smith directly that you couldn't just buy from another other than maybe arcanite reaper?

Not sure what the best for 2 characters not being hardcore would be, Herb/alch and tailor/enchant, or enchant probably a waste of time if you arn't try harding, in which case maybe skinning as an extra loot pickup? Fuck for all I know engineering might almost be worthwhile if they change anything.
It’s engineering. Always engineering.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Here's what I'm doing if anyone cares:

Horde RPPVP West Coast - if West doesn't exist for RPPVP will do East then.

Alliance PVP East Coast - if there is more than one pvp east servers I'll just pick one and post here.

Horde:
Warrior
Shaman
Hunter or Mage

Alliance:
Warrior or Paladin
Druid
Mage

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Start each character double gathering, then transition into whatever's useful. They've added, and will continue to add, new SoD specific patterns to SoD. Each of the armor crafters can now make an excellent piece of gear for the current level cap, and they also added raid specific consumables to give them repeat sellable stuff. Engineering is super powerful baseline.

The one that looks initially weak is alchemy, since it'll be like 9 months until we hit the important consumables/funky trinkets.

Also, save any Small Eggs you get leveling, lazy people pay good money for them during the Christmas event.
Agree with this. I would say mining/herbs probably your best bet, but good point on it taking awhile to get to the good alchemy stuff. Most people will have so many alts though you can mix/match your gathering professions.