World War Z

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^ Thanks for that one, as soon as I saw what it was I did a big "Oh yeah, that's gonna be good!"

the stewardess heard a noise, it was coming from the little doggie who was acting funny toward this cabinet. she pats little doggie on the head and opens the cabinet to get little doggie a treat and all of a sudden, KUAAAAAAAAA!!! out jumps a bitey zombie who proceeds to bite this chick then turns her into a bitey zombie then she and first bitey zombie bite other passengers which turn them into bitey zombies and they bite others turning them into bitey zombies and so on. now was that an elevator?
Yeah I just found the clip is up on Youtube (not going to bother linking it). . . and you're right little dog is the start of it all. Should kill those things as soon as there's a global outbreak of <ANYTHING>

And interesting to note, it was the elevator, there's a brief view of the up arrow on the button she presses. Waits for it to arrive and out he jumps. So that means that the Zombie was in the lower level of the plane = huh??

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The zombie climbed up the landing gear to get into the cargo area, and was smart enough to then stand in the dumbwaiter/service elevator. He must have been a fan of Commando.

Note: Same zombies that will happily fling themselves off of cliffs or bash their heads against a barrier rather than find a way around it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok then really dumb question, whats the purpose of putting in an elevator to the landing gear and why was the stewardess opening the door? Oh and the little doggie was suspicious of the elevator or the bitey before he arrived on it?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the movie. It's easy to nitpick the hell out of it with how the plane scene played out but overall it was a fun movie. I'll definitely catch the sequel if they decide to do one. I never read the book so I didn't go into it expecting it to be a huge let down or some different kind of awesome. I expected to get what I saw from the trailers and I think they delivered on that end.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those were not zombies, they were biteys. zombies move slow and eat human flesh/brains. the only relation to a zombie is that they are undead. so basically calling a a bitey a zombie is like calling dracula a zombie. actually they were closer to vampires. much closer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I juST wanted to come back into this thread and again re-iterate that this movie fucking sucked dick balls

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Ok then really dumb question, whats the purpose of putting in an elevator to the landing gear and why was the stewardess opening the door?
Elevator leads to a section where there is food, drink and other items stored that the cabin crew need. Where do you think those tiny packets of peanuts are stored?

The landing gear housing . . . is a dead end, there's no way through. You try to get up through there you die, most likely you'll be crushed as the landing gear retracts. Or if you survive that, freeze to death as the landing gear housing isn't pressurized.

As this guy found out:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-stowaway.html

A man's mangled body found in a London street, under the flight-path to Heathrow. Basically where the planes flying in all lower their landing gear. They figure the man had tried to stowaway in the landing gear recess and died. Then when the plane gets ready to land, lowers the landing gear . . . out drops the body.

From the story:
Richard Taylor, of the Civil Aviation Authority, said a stowaway in an aircraft undercarriage was unlikely to have survive as he would either be crushed by the wheels after take-off or freeze in temperatures as low as minus 40C (minus 40F).

He said: 'The chances of survival for a stowaway are very slim, particularly in the recess of the landing gear.

'I don't know of anyone who has survived being stowed away on a long-haul flight.

'When the landing gear comes down at the other end, a few miles from the runway and about 2,000ft in the air, if there is a person who had died they would fall out.'
Damn I just realised I put some fact and logic in a movie thread again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok so the elvator has food in it or she goes down inside the elevator to another level that acts like a pantry and snags food? how would a bitey get in there if he stowed away inside the landing gear?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that single stupid part is key to how the movie reaches its ending. look im not even going to touch how brad pitt, one armed israel chick who comes in for the headshot at the right moments because she can sense whenever brad pitt is in trouble and a random bitey survive brad pitt blowing up a jumbo jet from the inside with a grenade. and im certainly not going going to even attempt to figure out how after surviving that crash in the middle eastern mountains the next scene is them walking down a street in cardiff right near the WHO facility. i just wanna know how a bitey can do what it did in the plane elevator cabinet thingy.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
those were not zombies, they were biteys. zombies move slow and eat human flesh/brains. the only relation to a zombie is that they are undead. so basically calling a a bitey a zombie is like calling dracula a zombie. actually they were closer to vampires. much closer.
At this point in the zombie genre, I don't think you can just say they are zombies because of their specific characteristics. There are lots of different "versions" of zombies with every iteration.
http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_Zombies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At this point in the zombie genre, I don't think you can just say they are zombies because of their specific characteristics. There are lots of different "versions" of zombies with every iteration.
http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_Zombies
yep, still these guys are closer to the vampire minions from I am legend, blade or 30 days of night. they bite and infect a host who also turns into one and they are superfast and can leap supernaturally. dude these are vampires. only difference being they can go out in the daytime, do they drink blood, im still not sure on this. i do know their blood does not infect someone if they swallow it. so maybe they kinda do drink blood a bit to get their "venom" mixing in the bloodstream to infect a host.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe I should point out that my landing gear comment was a joke based on a movie trope where a character climbs up the landing gear to board a plane.

Hell, even Aliens did it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol its all in good fun krueg, this movie wasnt the worst ever, it was ok and there were some good visuals, but i like talking about stuff. if it takes us from all the crap going on in the world to discuss how a bitey can wriggle up the landing gear of an ascending jumbo jet into the cabin then i have done my job. when people think im being super serious on my nitpicks that makes it funnier.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was thinking about the Bitey ( yeah lets just call them that ) in the plane. The film makers could /should have done something in the re-shoots where the whole bitey apocalypse is actually a terrorist plot!!

Bare with me as there's some rationale behind this. It would work to fill in a lot of the questions.

Where international plane flights were loaded with guys who were a type of suicide bomber/bitey who had a way to inject themselves with the toxin so that it would spread worldwide and into major citys. Which could explain how it could possibly be a worldwide thing despite the rapid incubation time. Plus also how there was one on the ill fated Israel escape plane.