WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd say whatever amount caused servers to have a constant 14000 queue over the last week is the right amount

If Blizzard wants to be stubborn and never do a classic progression server, that's fine. The real issue was Blizzard shutting down non profit emus while telling everyone no one wants classic servers

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This train just came off the tracks.

Nostalrius Begins - Quality wow vanilla realm (1.12) • View topic - To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

Elysium capitulating by removing all Nost-related data:
Over the course of the next several weeks we will discontinue use of the Nostalrius core. By then, we will have completed Anathema, which will be equal to or superior to the Nostalrius core. We assure you that you will not feel any difference in the cores except for a potential increase in quality. We have been continuously updating the Anathema core side-by-side with the Nostalrius core.

All characters that have existed in the game world since Elysium’s launch until now will be maintained and all Nostalrius specific data will be wiped.
Our official response to Nostalrius — Elysium will prevail!

Even in the best case scenario, reverting the "merger" is going to leave them with an even less impressive core.

The corruption, backstabbing, lack of cooperation, and general shadiness endemic to the WoW emu dev scene is just comical.

It's also predominately European.

Sometimes correlation is causation.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
OK, so why haven't they done it yet?
Because theyre dumb? Why does Nintendo continue to release shit consoles or not license their insane amounts of IP? Why doesnt EA let DICE release mod tools for Battlefield? Why did Ubisoft shoehorn in retarded boss encounters in Deus Ex HR?

The people who actually make the decisions at these companies dont know two shits what their customers want or like. We dont get official vanilla WoW servers because some dipshit executive doesnt want to be proven wrong or doesnt even know what the fuck vanilla wow even was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If the money was there, and as easy as you guys make it sound, wouldn't the accountants do their job to explain it that way?

I can understand stubborn exec, maybe. But Kotick wants his $$$. They have had no problems monetizing every franchise except for US Diablo. Why would Vanilla WoW be some sacred cow?

The "everyone but them gets it!!!!" is a really bad argument. I think you guys are vastly overestimating how many people actually want to continually subscribe to Vanilla WoW plus underestimating the support costs and liability involved.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
They seemed successful enough that they did them a few times. Honestly I am amazed Blizzard wont at least do a progression server.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry, should have said profitable. Sony and EQ's history is full of dumb mistakes, we shouldn't use them as the bellwether for good game decisions.

All that aside, manpower is a finite resource even at a large corporation like Blizzard. Could be that a progression server is mildly profitable but the people needed to support would get them more money working on WoW proper.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Well considering the emu servers for a warcraft clone pulls in a sub base that was near Everquest in it's prime I would say it would be profitable. I feel like you guys are underestimating how much profit that game brings in. My guess is that there some people on the dev team who's entire job would be put into question if an older version was to popular.