X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
It's been a blessing the Deadpool movie finally got made. It's been a curse the deadpool movie finally got made and made so much money on a shoestring budget. It revitalised FOX's Xmen franchise in a big way. i think in a bigger way than this shitstorm of a movie ever could.

After they completely fucked over the days of future past story i lost all hope in the Xmen universe that FOX created (deadpool not counting)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah and I don't see them ever letting go of it, just as Sony didn't let go of Spider-Man.
I'd be happy for a while with them letting go of F4. Marvel could crank out 2 - 3 movies with the characters that would free up.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been a blessing the Deadpool movie finally got made. It's been a curse the deadpool movie finally got made and made so much money on a shoestring budget. It revitalised FOX's Xmen franchise in a big way. i think in a bigger way than this shitstorm of a movie ever could.

After they completely fucked over the days of future past story i lost all hope in the Xmen universe that FOX created (deadpool not counting)
I really enjoyed the First Class and Days movies. Am I wrong for this opinion?

Spoiler: I've never read a single comic in my life.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed the First Class and Days movies. Am I wrong for this opinion?

Spoiler: I've never read a single comic in my life.
They were fine...if we didn't have the Marvel Studios movies they'd be considered some of the best comic movies over the last few years. Our collective expectations have risen, though, and I just imagine what Marvel Studios could do with the X-Men property if they had ownership. They're good...just not great.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First Class was legit great. I remembered liking Future Past quite a bit, but after randomly watching it again a couple days ago it didn't hold up as well as I had remembered. Individual characters are great, but overall it was a bit of a mess.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is obviously a ploy by Disney to tarnish these properties by paying off critics to pan these movies. I mean how else are they going to convince them they need to sell their licenses back.
biggrin.png

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which really sucks since Apocalypes has been one of my favorite villains and favorite X-men villain

Maybe one day we will get a good Mr Sinister or Omega Red =(

Bacon was pretty good villain in first class atleast

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I'm Hoping Omega Red makes a debut in the next Deadpool - I mean he's a ruskie like Colossus, make it happen!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yikes. Feel like it's not surprising, but it certainly is disappointing.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Read them. With all due respect Olivia Munn can stay silent. Just make sure she fits into that purple suit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not going to even consider it to be worse than BvS....NOT EVEN GOING TO CONSIDER SUCH A THING!!!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I can completely see how this movie could be bad, especially for the comic people. I still think Apocalypse is way off. I don't think Jean and Scott look "right" to me. Maybe they'll surprise me in the movie. The whole trailer just looks and feels like an attempt at the story 20+ years ago.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damnit. The vibe from the trailers was always Last-Stand-2-ish but I was hoping they were just showing the most overdramatic parts and hiding the quality. Last Stand is BvS level bad so I'm still hopeful this is marginally better because <3 X-Men but... damnit >.<

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh. After First Class and DoFP, I have trouble believing that Singer would suddenly put out a complete shitfest like Last Stand. I'm going to assume the early reviews are mostly hyperbole from butthurt nerds for now.