X-Men: Days of Future Past.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My knowledge of this plot was always based on the animated series, in which Bishop goes back in time to prevent Gambit (aka Mystique) from killing the senator. I never knew it differed from the comic. I think Bishop looks stupid here, however.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In the comic, in the future the Sentinals have damn near wiped out Mutants (and other superpowered people) so they send Kitty Pryde back to her young body to try and stop that future. Gambit and Bishop weren't even created until WAY after that story.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another X-Men movie without Gambit is a worthless X-Men movie.
Confirmed gay.

Comic has one of the most recognizable covers in history.

jLbT5Z8.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The sentinel design was one of the first elements shown off for promotional purposes. It will very much have sentinels

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Decent trailer, but a part of it was bugging me. The cut/music change after wolverine says "patience isn't my strong suite" to him being mind read and screaming. Something was just....off, with how the music changed. I dunno, was kinda jarring and ameteurish.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
First Class was alright. I'm withholding judgment, but the chance of it being any good is low.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
My knowledge of this plot was always based on the animated series, in which Bishop goes back in time to prevent Gambit (aka Mystique) from killing the senator. I never knew it differed from the comic. I think Bishop looks stupid here, however.
The animated series combined two separate comic book story lines into one. The real DOFP which featured kitty pryde along with the sentinels and the Bishop origin story which also takes place in a possible future. I guess the movie is going the same route if Bishop is going to be in it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
going to wait for the american indian fallout

warpath is portrayed by some kid named booboo, i guess he's famous for twilight
"he has Japanese, Chinese, and Korean ancestry from his mother's side and Blackfoot, Russian, and Scottish descent from his father's side."

blackfoot is some kind of indian, so he's like 1/6 indian at best, when i saw the trailer, i'm like wtf, why're there so many asians in this movie? not that i dislike asians but the opposite, growing up asian american myself i'm always on the lookout for asians in films and this kid is asian!

warpath is like only decent indian american superhero they got, he's even got those stupid "warrior spirit" shits or whatever, and they give his role to an anorexic asian. i mean warpath is yolked, this guy...

at least they made sure sunspot was sorta brazilian (mexican)

but blink! (you always have to put the "!" for blink!) is chinese? i mean she's always been blue so you couldn't really tell but her names clarice fergeuson, come on!

and of course bishop is some rastafarian guy,

so why are all the resistance fighters minorities? i didn't even think about this until i started typing it out, if these four are being lead by old woman storm, something is up with the scriptwriter!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just think there are so many solid story lines out there for X-Men and they continue to just inject the characters they want into whatever movies they make. I at least was able to enjoy First Class but by all appearances in my opinion, we are seeing more old than new.

Don't get me wrong, I like the actors from the older movies. I think Patrick Stewart is a perfect Professor X but to continue to drool all over Wolverine and make him the centerpiece and savior of every movie is getting on my nerves. He has his own movies, which I like, and I like the character. Hugh Jackman is incredible in anything and everything he does.. However, they just seem to get it "all wrong" and appease the popular vote.

I really hate they continue with this angle of Iceman being some "kid" (he has a beard now though.. watch out) when he was a founding member and one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe.

If they are working around The Last Stand, that's a good first step. Phoenix can obliterate Professor X and anything she chooses but Wolverine can super heal through Phoenix force destruction.

I'm right in the middle on the trailer just because there's not enough there to pass any judgement and I will probably go watch this and hope for the best. As someone else said, it's an X-Men movie, sit back and enjoy, and that will be my attitude but, I hope they attempt to get things into context a bit better.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me too.

So how does Apocalypse fit into all this? or does he not and that was just animated stuff?

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Apocalypse doesn't fit. This story is from 1981, Apocalypse didn't appear in comics until 1986.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
They can add pretty much anything they want really, the cartoon added stuff, pretty sure the "Wolverine and the X-men" cartoon had this as a premise too and it was totally different.

I assumed he was asking about the original comic.

Although, if X3 is any indicator, faithfulness to the original comics isn't really important to this franchise. They could put dinosaurs from the savage land in this, and it might still be closer to the comic story than X3 was to the Dark Phoenix saga.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Half of the characters in First Class didn't exist/weren't created at the time Xavier and Magneto would have been young adults either, so it is pretty obvious they don't give a shit about when a particular character was actually introduced. They probably just looked down a list and said, "Teleports, but not Nightcrawler? Awesome, put him in. Has fairy wings? Maybe chicks will actually want to watch now, put her in!"

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They probably just looked down a list and said, "Teleports, but not Nightcrawler? Awesome, put him in. Has fairy wings? Maybe chicks will actually want to watch now, put her in!"
It makes me sad, because I think you're correct.