X Wing/ Tie Fighter

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My guess would be Disney got all of the old Lucasarts' IPs outside of Sam and Max which I think Talltales bought well before the shut down.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been dreaming of this moment for nearly 2 decades. Until further notice, I quit work.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's sad that the most exciting video game releases of the year I played 20 years ago or so.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ten dollars? That seems high for a game you can kill anything by adjusting your speed to the optimum and fly in loops.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ten dollars? That seems high for a game you can kill anything by adjusting your speed to the optimum and fly in loops.
A+ logic, would logic again.

This is such fucking awesome news. Now if only someone would remaster them with new graphics/engines.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's sad that the most exciting video game releases of the year I played 20 years ago or so.
Yeah, this is big news.

Got my wallet ready, and putting down other games for some Tie Fighter lovin'. I installed it with my 3.5s and Dosbox a few years back, but ran into trouble getting the joystick to work right, hopefully that will be cleared up.

By the by. I'm pretty sure GoG.com is getting the Lucasarts library, meaning Full Throttle, Indiana Jones, Rebel Assault, etc..etc.. A lot of crappy ones in there, but some gems too.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Indiana Jones and Atlantis is an amazing old school adventure. - It along with Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle were two mega good games.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
On one hand.... you can never get enough X-wing or TIE fighter...
On the other hand... the nostalgia is strong with this one, does one dare to ruin the memories by playing it?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On one hand.... you can never get enough X-wing or TIE fighter...
On the other hand... the nostalgia is strong with this one, does one dare to ruin the memories by playing it?
I replayed Wing Commander 1&2 and it held up. You're good to go.

Disney is probably making ridiculous demands that make this price necessary.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I loved these games. Oh the countless hours I have played them.

I'll let the good memories rest untouched though. I fear playing them again would be "meh".

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't have a joystick
frown.png
I imagine I could use a controller though.

It's really kind of sad, space combat really would be a perfect genre for consoles, many early ps1/ps2 franchises were based on it (warhawk for example although ace combat was similar), not sure why the genre died out.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found this game in a box of old 3.5 floppies a few weeks ago. Good memories.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't have a joystick
frown.png
I imagine I could use a controller though.

It's really kind of sad, space combat really would be a perfect genre for consoles, many early ps1/ps2 franchises were based on it (warhawk for example although ace combat was similar), not sure why the genre died out.
It didn't.
It was murdered in its sleep by Disney.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
All of my X-Wing 3.5" floppies (including both expansions) and my Tie Fighter CDs are sitting at my parents house. Price is a bit steep for such old games but I played the hell out of them in my teenage years so I'll probably drop the cash on them again.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Never again, one thing I learned about old games, they are never as good as you remember and despite my heart saying graphics don't matter my brain says it looks like shit and I ruin all my memories.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
For me it works both ways and depends how shitty my computer was at the time. I played Wing Commander 2 on a PS2 (not playstation kiddies) so when I played that off GoG I was like holy shit this is too fast paced. Granted I could have slowed it down to the likely 5 FPS I was getting back then but it didn't hold up without my old thrustmaster either. Most games hold up for me though. My GoG library is bigger than my Steam.

I imagine we will be seeing Dark Forces and Jedi Knight too soon, those will be rebuys for me as well. Maybe even Rebellion (that sucked but I didn't spend a few nights until 4am playing it in college), and Battlefront.