XCOM 2

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Got to the assassin's sarcophagus chamber... what in the actual fuck.

Killed the assassin, killed the sarcophagus, how the fuck is this supposed to be beatable? lol.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Killed the assassin, killed the sarcophagus, how the fuck is this supposed to be beatable? lol.
That's X-Com baby.

But yeah your first time in a sarcophagus chamber is incredibly difficult and a likely campaign ender.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Don't use any limited abilities before the final room, waste turns before you teleport in to refresh any cooldowns. She won't spawn in til you get like halfway into the room, so clear the mobs that are there before you go that far. Try to kill her on her turn, or the first shot of one of your turns, so you can do as much damage as possible to the sarcophagus. After its destroyed, and you kill her again, the fight is over, so any other mobs left standing don't matter.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't use any limited abilities before the final room, waste turns before you teleport in to refresh any cooldowns. She won't spawn in til you get like halfway into the room, so clear the mobs that are there before you go that far. Try to kill her on her turn, or the first shot of one of your turns, so you can do as much damage as possible to the sarcophagus. After its destroyed, and you kill her again, the fight is over, so any other mobs left standing don't matter.
Solid advice but at the same time

*whoosh*

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yeah IIRC the Xcom 2 difficulty was way out of whack. The first one was better balanced.

TBH, this might be blasphemy in some circles, but Chimera Squad was better than both IMHO.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The unique armors from Alien Hunters are pretty fucking cool. The unique experimental weapons like the throwing axe are cool too.

Templars seemed cool but they kinda suck.

Cybsled

Templars can be pretty powerful with the right melee build and the teleport ability

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Damn, Sharpshooters go from useless to godmode when you get the Hunter's weapons. Also, that fight was a fucking joke since it lets you get the high-ground before you start the encounter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Viper King never spawned, I keep farming missions trying to get him to appear.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh. They can only spawn at facilities?

Where the fuck does it say that.
It's the way they integrated the DLC for WotC, all three of them should have gradually been placed at facilities, giving you little warnings when they did and adding some extra text to that facility on the geoscape. If you fail to kill them before they escape they start reappearing randomly in missions the pre-WotC way until they die.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's the way they implemented the DLC for WotC, all three of them should have gradually been placed at facilities, giving you little warnings when they did and adding some extra text to that facility on the geoscape. If you fail to kill them before they escape they start reappearing randomly in missions the pre-WotC way until they die.
Okay, that makes sense. I've been smacking down the Avatar counter mostly with the covert actions and have only blown up 2 or 3 facilities.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One thing I'd wish is that Avatars would just randomly spawn every once in a while after your first encounter with them. Maybe give them interesting loot.

I should make a fucking mod.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I'd wish is that Avatars would just randomly spawn every once in a while after your first encounter with them. Maybe give them interesting loot.

I should make a fucking mod.
If you still have a hankering to play after you finish your current playthrough I'd look at 'A Better Advent'.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
This thread got me to install a game I bought a long time ago and never played and it's a great game, thanks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching modded playthroughs on YouTube recently. That combined with the DLC being 91% off on Steam got me to pull the trigger.

Just started a new campaign with all the DLC and 200 mods. Should be a blast! Already had my first death on the second mission. The game is so much more interesting with loads of new enemies, classes, and Covert Infiltration.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've been watching modded playthroughs on YouTube recently. That combined with the DLC being 91% off on Steam got me to pull the trigger.

Just started a new campaign with all the DLC and 200 mods. Should be a blast! Already had my first death on the second mission. The game is so much more interesting with loads of new enemies, classes, and Covert Infiltration.
You should definitely play through the game unmodded first.