Xenonauts - Legit remake of the original XCom

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And a fair amount of stuff was stripped out or redesigned. I mean granted psychic/molecular control was absurdly overpowered in the originals, and borderline useless in EU2012, but stripping it out entirely really takes a lot of fun out of the game.

While I support Xenonauts, Gorestabb you should really give OpenXCom a try as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Woah, no psychics?
Well the aliens still have psychic powers, but you can't get them. And they still ignore line of sight like the original.

Also, the new XCom is on sale right out of the gates for this steam summer sale. The UFO series, heavily inspired by XCom, is 80% off, although from what I've heard UFO: Afterlight is ok and the rest are lukewarm at best. The originals are all 50% off, which means 2.50 a piece or 7.50 for the collection of 5 (Original, TFTD, Apocalypse, Enforcer, and Interceptor)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, already own the originals and they've done a good job at scratching the itch when I've got it. (Although TFTD does tend to crash on me on terror missions with Win8 for whatever reason)