Yakuza - Like a Dragon

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not a separate thread for this, so making one.

Releases today, not sure when. Maybe in 2-3 hours?

Turn based Yakuza game.

Gamespot gave it a 9 (review below). IGN though gave it a 7.

ACG rated it wait for sale

I pre-ordered it, but there is no pre-load.

For some strange reason the Steam forums appear locked? Any reply to any post older than the last 30 minutes from now are hidden. No idea what that is about.

EDIT: above lock is fixed. Gone now. However, it appears they locked it for perhaps a good reason since most threads now feature spoilers on ending. So keep away from the forums. I clicked away before I saw it spoiled, just noticed that it said something about characters and dying, but missed who it was thankfully.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It unlocked at midnight, and there was a preload on all platforms. I preordered it on Windows Store a few days ago and installed it on PC and X1X (and will get Series X version once my console gets here thanks to Smart Delivery).

Haven't played it much yet since I want to wait for Series X, but performance seemed fine on my PC with everything maxed out at 1440UW.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It unlocked at midnight, and there was a preload on all platforms.
Really? On Steam? It just unlocked here for me at 6pm. Was not available for pre-download, just said "coming soon" and gave an error saying the game is not released yet when I pressed install now around 2 hours ago. Downloading it now though.

Vorph

Nah, on MS Store. I wanted it for Series X, so the PC version was just a nice bonus thanks to Smart Delivery/Play Anywhere.

spronk

FPS noob
so if you buy on xbox you can also play on PC but in UWP/windows store? No cross save I assume?

tempting, but it just feels wrong to me to play a yakuza game on anything other than a PS4/PS5. I can't believe they were so stupid as to get xbox X exclusive for six months, the PS5 patch won't be out until next April.

Vorph

Yeah, I preordered the Windows Store version and was able to preload to both PC and X1X, and it's Smart Delivery for Series X too.

I'll test cross save tonight when I get home, but I think you're right and it only works from old Xbox to new Xbox (they've even confirmed that there's no save compatibility between PS4 and PS5 when it finally comes out). I was going to play it some on my PC but if I can't load up my save on Thurs, I guess I have to play on X1X or just go with ACV instead and wait on Y7.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Huh, surprisingly enough there actually is cross-save between PC and Xbox.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I play these games in the dumbest way, so I sink hundreds of hours in them. As a result, I have to space them quite a bit to not get Yakuza fatigue and now I find myself with 0, Ishin, Judgment AND Like a Dragon to play. A lot of fun to look forward to, but also... I'll never be done before the next game comes along ! 1st world problems !

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users