Yodle Internet Marketing

Disp_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have experience with Yodle? I talked to one of their reps last week about their internet marketing package. I did a few hours of research and the reviews seem mostly positive, and they're a legit company. Apparently they set up a new "adversite", complete with tracking stuff, that works independent from any existing site you have, and uses SEO, adwords, and other marketing. The numbers they threw out for "similar" businesses trying to attract the same clientele I am made sense for the investment, but I'm hesitant. I have an existing site that has been doing well, but definitely has a lot of potential and room for improvement.

The intro package they offered me was $1250/mo., with a 3 month commitment and then month to month and they're telling me I should expect 30-40 calls in the first 3 months. I was considering it for a niche I have in the industry that performs very well and I want to expand. I have a very high closing rate on the line of business right now because the leads I'm getting from my organic listings mostly come ready to roll so long as I can deliver the offer fast, which I can just about every time. I get 2-4 leads per month for the niche, they have an avg. lifetime value of about $800, and I close 75% of them. I'd expect the closing rate to go down with a service like this, so we used a more conservative estimate, and based off their figures it would be an additional 10-15 clients in the 3 months (30-50% closing rate, which may be a little too generous still) if they can deliver. Even closing 10, or 3 per month, would be over a 2:1 ROI. I don't have the exact numbers available at the moment, but the existing organic SEO site has been up and generating leads for about a year and is probably running about a 6:1 ROI.

I told him for an additional $750-$1250/mo. it feels like I could drive that amount of traffic to my site with organic and adwords (after I review and tweak our marketing budget), with more permanent results (if I stop doing Yodle, the leads more or less stop, where the trickle is more concrete obviously with investing in the existing site). Pumping more into the organic site will probably drop the ROI in the short term, but long term I think that's the way to go.

TLDR; If I have a site that is highly profitable right now but I want to aggressively grow my online marketing and presence. I would be better off investing money to grow that rather than one of these Yodle sites? Part of my concern is them fucking up my existing Google places and all the YP.com, manta, and other directories, but I don't know if that's a legit concern.

splok_sl

shitlord
There are lots of ways to spend your money on customer acquisition, so why invest in a property you don't control?

Disp_sl

shitlord
That's why I told them no, but a 2:1 or more ROI for a 90 day turnkey program is at least intriguing. That's about the same timeframe I would review a direct mail campaign results. Long-term pumping the same money into organic growth and SEO will get better results, but if anyone has had any success with these guys I'd be interested. The reviews I find online are generally positive, with the only real negative ones in regards to people having problems getting their accounts canceled, and not necessarily the actual service. A 90 day internet campaign with a positive ROI results seems very ambitious to me, but I haven't dabbled much in PPC/ads, and have just pumped $ into backlinks, so I don't know if it's at all realistic.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone have experience with Yodle? I talked to one of their reps last week about their internet marketing package. I did a few hours of research and the reviews seem mostly positive, and they're a legit company.
I look at customer reviews when deciding on stuff like this, but take them with a grain of salt. Personally, I'd rather run my own adwords campaign.Yodle Reviews | Yodle.com Consumer Reviews on SiteJabber

Whenever I see reviews about people stating that they got fake leads, that's something I pass on, given that most of these services are charging for those fake leads, and won't remove them from your bill in face of proof. Wrong phone numbers? Pass.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Couple of thoughts, I have had success with PPC ads, but my business (restaurant) may be different from yours. I put out a coupon out on adwords and I get a "lead." Not sure how that translates to whatever it is you are doing.

As far as Yodle, in just looking over what Yodle does I really just don't think it would be something I personally would be interested in because it is all run through their site/domain. So any organic gains you receive all go poof when you stop using their service. Plus you'll harm your own sites organic listings by funneling traffic over to Yodle. If you had no web presence whatsoever or were so computer illiterate that setting up an adwords campaign would be like performing brain surgery then it might be worth it. But you will get more value out of doing those things yourself and keeping it all running through your domain.