Your guilty pleasure movies

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Who feels bad about loving Monty Python?
I think it's more or less guilty over the indulgence of the movie. It's not necessarily that you like a bad movie always but it's the fact that you have watched it a million times, or stayed up way too late to finish it when you should have went to bed, etc.

There are several movies that people say the "liked" but not "that much" and so you're ashamed that your own the DVD, Collector's Edition, have it DVR'd, and the Movie Poster that you may feel ashamed of...

Here is how WhatCulture.com addresses the term...
The term "guilty pleasure" is banded around - usually by those who take film as a medium a little more seriously than your average movie-goer - as a sort of excuse system that allows people to admit that they like something that they also think is beneath them. "It's a guilty pleasure," acts as a kind of full-proof defense mechanism when you know that your opinion on a particular film will be unpopular with others. And because everyone has their own guilty pleasures, we tend to let people have theirs without much discussion: the point of a guilty pleasure is that said person is acknowledging a movie is "bad," after all - what else is there to say once that's been admitted?

Still, there are certain movies that you'll find are frequently sited by many as "guilty pleasures," despite the fact that there's really absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. The following movies have somehow edged their way into guilty pleasure status, presumably because people have failed to understand their intentions, or because they can't quite figure out what it is they like about them, when in all actuality there are tons of obvious merits and brilliant positives to be appreciated.

Join us, then, as we take a look at 10 guilty pleasure movies people shouldn't be ashamed to love. Movies that, when you think about it, don't deserve to be branded as guilty pleasures at all...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe someone needs to give a list of all the worst movies ever made and put eveyone on notice that if you like any of them you should feel bad. Then someone can say they love one of them and we can ridicule them. Then and only then will it become a guilty pleasures movie.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
81Rf8xvHFTL._SL1500__event_main.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Here, I'll give the ultimate guilty pleasure on this forum:

Prometheus.

Close the thread.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Who feels bad about loving Monty Python?
That's the point. Monty Python isn't a guilty pleasure. It's just good.

A guilty pleasure movie is like the fat girl you fuck but don't tell your friends about. You like going there, but you'd be embarrassed if people found out about it.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Today I watched Explorers. It held up remarkably well, with decent effects and production value. Would watch again, except for the last 20 minutes pandering to children.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the point. Monty Python isn't a guilty pleasure. It's just good.

A guilty pleasure movie is like the fat girl you fuck but don't tell your friends about. You like going there, but you'd be embarrassed if people found out about it.
Exactly. Like how I love How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In other words, chick flicks? I own the following:

Saved!
Steel Magnolias
9 to 5
Men Don't Leave
First Wives Club
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood

Though I think Men Don't Leave is the only real "not widely known" movie.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
My top 5 guilty pleasures were mentioned except Evolution with Duchovny and the black Legolas fella.

TheBigTor_sl

shitlord
How about this line of thought....

Mad Max : Fury Road, I have honestly seen the movie over fifty times and will probably see it fifty more. I am starting to feel guilty bout how much I enjoy this movie and when my wife's catches me watching it, because it just happens to be on on the Movie Network at the time, she rolls her eyes and laughs at me. She does, however, like the movie, shejust finds it funny how many times I have seen it.

Does that count as a guilty pleasure?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Beerfest -. Late at night with a few beers in me the horrible German accents and ridiculous plot are just what doctor ordered.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
90s action movies, especially the lesser known Schwarzenegger stuff.

Sucker Punch. Like, the movie hardly makes sense and is marketed as schoolgirls fighting samurais and dragons, but I actually found it rather interesting and rewatch it here and then.