Your Own Photography

Subotai

Thief, Archer
One shot, almost straight out of the camera. Just a little noise reduction. Still working on figuring out the photo stacking thing...

Drek_sl

shitlord
Me too! I screwed a bunch up a few days ago
frown.png

14134975624_a5ebcfe177_b.jpg

Subotai

Thief, Archer
A couple recent shots...

Pre-minor league baseball...
u5xy.jpg

Desert Botanical Garden (in Phoenix)...
2aets3m.jpg

Gila Monster found on my hike...
w8qoms.jpg

Feien

Ploppers
I'd be curious to know the story behind this pic. So random...
"In 1973 a United States Navy DC plane ran out of fuel and crashed on the black beach at S?lheimasandur, south coast Iceland. Everyone in that plane survived though. Later it turned out that the pilot had simply switched over to the wrong fuel tank. The remains are still on the sand very close to the sea."

IQVNkdAl.jpg

dYOLGWOl.jpg

DSgBQZHl.jpg

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Hey all, have recently been given a Canon 1000D to have a play with (Believe it's also known as the RebelXS) and some lenses. The stock 50mm, an 18-55mm and a 55-250mm. Taking the plunge here with some of the better photos I have managed to take with it so far. Comments and criticism welcomed.

Cheers!

lxn4bk3.jpg

bOnRqHC.jpg

SvmAhJv.jpg

MKIwsXO.jpg

sVDXc7s.jpg

Had a play with some of these images in GiMP. I assume that is the go-to image editing software if I don't have access to Photoshop/Lightroom?

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Large storm rolled through this weekend had a pretty cool shelf cloud come over head. I think I over exposed and made it brighter than I should have so I scaled that back in lightroom but i'm not sure if I went too far with it. I think the darker version seems a bit more true to the conditions outside when I took the photo and makes the cloud/surrounding area a bit more menacing (but I also feel like I fucked up the contrast). The original looks kind of neat as well though, little bright but the shades of blue inside of the storm are really pretty in their own right.

vs

Drek_sl

shitlord
looks good, good job on the edit!

You have a filter? What fstop did you shoot this at? Could have cranked it up and taken a slower shutter for the water

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was f/4.5 @ 320 ISO, I was being attacked by gnats and mosquitos so I was in a rush to shoot & run. Area has a lot of standing water due to the obscene amount of rain we have seen this summer already and the mosquitos were out in force. Stupid me forgot my 40% "Give-Me-Cancer Bug Shield" DEET Spray