Youtube Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It just went live around 1pm EST today.

This might not have a huge impact on Twitch immediately but I think Youtube will definitely pose a problem for them.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
One of the concerns being brought up is YouTube's copyright stuff. Are you able to play music during your stream, or will it be gameplay/sounds only?

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One of the concerns being brought up is YouTube's copyright stuff. Are you able to play music during your stream, or will it be gameplay/sounds only?
Yes, copyrights would still apply and be a huge obstacle, so its limited to gameplay/sounds atm.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RIP Twitch especially if Youtube pays out more CPM. It'll be interesting to see if either place will try to sign any of the big streamers to exclusive partnerships.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone mentioned earlier it has some sort of ID deal that was going off and shutting down the stream because of stuff in the game. Not sure if that is related to copyright or what.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wanted to test this out last night streaming Diablo; it works well and it's easy to navigate. But I can't seem to change the thumbnail back to nothing. I uploaded a picture and now I can't delete it. Anyone know how to delete the thumb that shows on the preview of your stream?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wanted to test this out last night streaming Diablo; it works well and it's easy to navigate. But I can't seem to change the thumbnail back to nothing. I uploaded a picture and now I can't delete it. Anyone know how to delete the thumb that shows on the preview of your stream?
Twitch design is stupid simple. I didn't try that hard but it wasn't immediately obvious how to delegate recorded videos from past recorded streams to current live streams. I did find the trending section which seemed nice but when I clicked a video I didn't see live chat? Maybe I just missed the window. I don't really participate in live chats but that's a HUGE way streamers interact with their fans. Also donations!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh I saw live chat in the few streams I checked out and it was just like YouTube comments. Worse than anything I see in Twitch chat.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They're already laying out copyright infringements for things like sound effects in games being played.

So this experiment will die a quick death if Google doesn't dramatically alter its copy right rules, which it can't do, because lawsuits

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate twitch streamers who blast their shitty music taste louder than voice and game sounds.

I also hate Amazons prudish new rules.

This is good.

The interface however has to be a joke.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Don't see this taking off. Why would popular twitch streamers leave twitch? It will mean losing all their subs on twitch... that is a lot of income to lose for going to youtube.