Youtube no longer working with adblock?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is this happening to anyone else? Youtube looks like shit and videos have a hell of a time loading if adblock is enabled when going to youtube. If you disable it, suddenly working.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
See Southpark.

Also, you can bet Google has engineers working tirelessly to ruin blocking ads.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I get it, this was in Sept though. Apparently, like on down detectors and such people started commenting about it causing all kinds of issues starting today so was just wondering, I suppose this is something new they are doing now, it's even broken in firefox. Like, you tube works, it just looks like shit.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I've had zero issues using Youtube all day with adblock

No noticeable difference in performance

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else had issues with videos losing audio than it coming back as pure garbled static? Have had it happen on more than just my home computer.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use the ad plugin in firefox and haven't noticed it. But since Youtube has a deal to pay to block ads I wouldn't doubt it.

Most of the videos I watch don't have ads to begin with, so maybe that's why. Mostly sponsored in the video and such.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok, it's just me then.

My youtube screen with adblock (fixed with it off - also looks identical in firefox):

rrr_img_122900.jpg

Citz

Silver Squire
Another point for uBlock Origin. It's been working flawlessly for me since it got recommended in another thread here.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I actually removed and readded adblock (suggestion from some others with the same issue) and it works. If it happens again I'll check out uBlock Origin.

Thanks guys.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
yeah actually I did have some weird shit like that for a few hours a couple days ago, went away though

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Malvertising is the next big thing for hackers in 2016, It's growing at an increasing clip for the past year.

You should be blocking ads not just because ads suck but because they are a HUGE security flaw and can infect your machine and compromise your information even without you clicking on them when going on a trusted site.

Forbes recently blocked their site to people using adblockers and at the same time they got hit by an Malvertising attack that stole their readers information.

I have no problem supporting sites that I enjoy reading but even here I can't turn of Adblock because they use the same servers as everyone else that can feed you ads set up with bogus accounts that deliver malware.

It's going to hit a critical peak soon and force companies to look at it more securely but until then it's staying on.

Oh and having your bluetooth Toilet or Wifi toaster hacked and using it as a backdoor into your system is also going to big this year.

spronk

FPS noob
remember to get ublock origin not ublock, the original ublock isn't maintained anymore whereas UBO is still updated.