Guild Wars 2

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
...judging by how many people I saw running around with the purchased minipets during Christmas and Halloween, this seems to work pretty well for them.
I purchased some things for those events too, but that was when I was playing the game like everyday. Now that I rarely play, I'm not going to feel pressure in purchasing anything, and Im sure most others have the same sentiment. You need to retain players to make them want to purchase cool looking gear. There is no point obtaining the cool looking stuff if you never log in.

There is no dungeon finder, everyone uses gw2lfg.com last I checked.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Looks like a shit load of Engineer changes. I haven't played mine in quite some time, I wonder if they are more fun to play now.
It's since been patched, but a few of the changes (The traits dealing with kits, etc.) weren't working correctly yesterday in sPvP. That said there is honestly no discernible difference unless you're running turrets, anyway.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I purchased some things for those events too, but that was when I was playing the game like everyday. Now that I rarely play, I'm not going to feel pressure in purchasing anything, and Im sure most others have the same sentiment. You need to retain players to make them want to purchase cool looking gear. There is no point obtaining the cool looking stuff if you never log in.
For some people, sure, but I'd argue that there are many impulsive people out there with money to burn. Not to mention, there are still a lot of people the gamehasretained and people still coming fresh into the game, both of which might be tempted to buy stuff from the store.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's since been patched, but a few of the changes (The traits dealing with kits, etc.) weren't working correctly yesterday in sPvP. That said there is honestly no discernible difference unless you're running turrets, anyway.
"No discernible difference" is every GW2 patch in a nutshell

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
30% off right now at $40. Worth it?
It's worth it for the journey to 80 alone, if you like Battleground like play/PVP then you'll be happy as well.

I wish they would add some SPVP maps that have no objectives but to kill each other, so tired of maps with Trebuchet's or retarded objectives. I just want to kill people, not run around with orbs or cap objectives.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's worth it for the journey to 80 alone, if you like Battleground like play/PVP then you'll be happy as well.

I wish they would add some SPVP maps that have no objectives but to kill each other, so tired of maps with Trebuchet's or retarded objectives. I just want to kill people, not run around with orbs or cap objectives.
I made up my mind to not get it and soon after I get the discount email and see this....

Heck, for $39.99 what do I have to lose with no subscription fee? I've spend it on worse I'm sure on MMO's...

See you on the other side...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Try to find some friends to play with if can, whether it's IRL friends or people from this community because you will need some guidance. I'm on Sea of Sorrows and part of a helpful guild if you need a home.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
When are they going to do an expansion? Didn't GW1 have one every year? You'd think something would be announced already...
I don't think they've ever denied working on one, but the most they say is that their current focus is on primarily improving the current zones.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm still on HoD, just about to finish pushing my Mesmer to 80. If you want an off-american-peak time friend, throw me on your friends list.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Best tip for stay on a Mesmer is to watch movement patterns. Remember that the most dangerous thing about a Mesmer is their Phantasms (Illusionary *type*), not their Clones. Clones can be detrimental to kill though, but better you kill them, than have the Mesmer shatter them on you.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I'm on Fort Aspenwood, but the server doesn't matter for pve anyways. If anyone needs help getting started or some gear crafted, shoot me a message here and I'll try to help out; usually when I'm on, I'm either just farming world bosses or pvping anyways.

As for mesmers, remember that their clones and illusions will always spawn at full health, no matter how little the mesmer has left. Also, try to hold off on using one of your bigger attacks on a mesmer until you can determine that it is him and not a clone.