The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Pretty much everything gets resolved all throughout the show in one way or another. The only frustrating thing is the lack of season 6 and beyond.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they manage to resolve some/most/all of the storylines at the end of the 2nd season or does it end with the viewer massively frustrated?
Well I'd say the two seasons hold themselves together pretty well. The major storyline(s) get their end. It's only getting frustrating because the show had so much potential at the end. But you can watch it safely without fear of having a LOST finale at the end.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well I'd say the two seasons hold themselves together pretty well. The major storyline(s) get their end. It's only getting frustrating because the show had so much potential at the end. But you can watch it safely without fear of having a LOST finale at the end.
Disagree. I think the show had potential at the beginning, but somewhere in S2 it just went over the top ridiculous. Some of the S1 stuff was a bit much, but Grammar's acting carried the show. That and Kitty's smokin hot ass.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
I'm currently on on the fourth season of the Wire (first time viewing), and I enjoy it immensely. So far I gotta go with 2314. But shiiiiiiiiiet is season 4 shaping up nicely ^^

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Dudes. 1-4 are of the same quality. It's all personal preference.

ALL 4 SEASONS ARE GREAT IT'S OK TO LIKE ANY ONE OF THEM BETTER THAN ANOTHER

YOU ARE A HIPSTER FGGT IF YOU LIKE SEASON 5 THE BEST

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disagree. I think the show had potential at the beginning, but somewhere in S2 it just went over the top ridiculous. Some of the S1 stuff was a bit much, but Grammar's acting carried the show. That and Kitty's smokin hot ass.
I'm curious about what did you find ridiculous in 2nd season ? I really liked the season finale, mostly because Tom-Meredith (no spoilers) so maybe my opinion about season finale shadows the whole season.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm curious about what did you find ridiculous in 2nd season ? I really liked the season finale, mostly because Tom-Meredith (no spoilers) so maybe my opinion about season finale shadows the whole season.
The whole show started as a kind of political drama with a strong central character. Season 1 wrapped up pretty well I thought along those veins. Then Season 2 went full retard almost immediately. Grammar was transformed from a strong, corrupt king of the city to a super-villain bent on destruction of all that is good. Basically I felt the second season was almost a different show. There were hints of the old show, his whole dealings with the tenements for example. But the rest of it was just way over the top. At the end of the first season, we're shown how far he is willing to go to preserve his power and we're shocked. At the end of the second season it is just kind of a farce. He's killing people left and right, he's a crazy voyeur, his actions no longer make sense in context.

But dat ass.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I watched like four episodes of the wire at my aunt's insistence but wasn't paying close enough attention and didnt enjoy it. Since she is senile she continued to push it for years thinking every time that it was a new suggestion. Her tastes are generally pretty bad so I ignored other people's suggestions to watch it as well. Finally just this year I decided to give it another shot and watched all five seasons in about a week. Amazing show, and I blame my aunt liking it for my delay in seeing it through.

Oh and 1=3=4>2>5. The Pollocks story was kinda meh

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I tend to agree with this ranking.
Season 2 got totally under my skin, so I'd say 2>1=3=4=5. I know it's not a popular opinion, since most people think season 5 was a bit botched, but to me the multi-layered ramifications shown in s2 show how above the show fared, quality wise. It's not anymore about cops and drug dealers, it's about society. Also, RE-ELECT FRANK SOBOTKA, because fuck Valchek.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Season 2 got totally under my skin, so I'd say 2>1=3=4=5. I know it's not a popular opinion, since most people think season 5 was a bit botched, but to me the multi-layered ramifications shown in s2 show how above the show fared, quality wise. It's not anymore about cops and drug dealers, it's about society. Also, RE-ELECT FRANK SOBOTKA, because fuck Valchek.
I certainly don't begrudge your opinion. Being a teenager in the early 90's I've just always been more interested in the ghetto/housing projects life (also at one point living across the street from housing projects) so I'm a bit biased. It just endlessly fascinates me.

Also, after the fucking amazing season 1 wrap up, the beginning of season 2 felt like a let down.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
watched the first episode tonight, so many characters, east coast accents and mumbling! not reading anything in this thread though!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, the street talk can be really hard to understand sometimes. Just wait until Snoop comes into play. I have subtitles in the later seasons for a reason.

I've been re-watching this show lately. Just finished season 4. I forgot how much of a bitch the Nerese Campbell is. She fucks everything up in that season.

iannis

Musty Nester
Snoop's awesome.

I didn't realize snoop was a girl for like 3 or 4 episodes. Then I was all whaaa? whha? no wa! no waaay!