Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
No idea what class to try. I did rogue back then but apparently it didn't get any huge buffs but apparently was in "good" shape to begin with. I'll need to do a little research. The hot thing apparently is necro but I'm not a fan of minions.
I was going to do a Necro this time, I played one in the beta but have done Rogue and Barb since. Seems they nerfed the heck out of the Barb but I did love my HotA Barb in the first season before I dropped this. Let's see how it goes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah. They fixed...everythaang.
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I am going to find a build. I played for about 15 minutes with no real build and then meh think about it later I guess.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Started Necro but I think I'm going to reroll.

Holy fucking fuck is this class slow.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Uhhhhh, so Hell Tides are now pure fucking chaos and pandemonium and absurd (especially if other people are around?). Lots of, fuck, wait, no, give me minute type moments where you're trying to town portal to allocate points or just take a breather and nope, fuck you, here's another wave of enemies and a giant worm monster literally puking up baddies. It's fucking awesome.

• 3Like

Goatface

probably the buggiest night i have played. ran into several "invisible walls" thought it was lag but i could move around and go back where i came from, but just couldn't go to certain places until portaling to town and back. one of the boss in cathedral of light was bugged and couldn't be attacked.

anyway, i don't think just fixed loot is going to keep me playing long this season

nu_11

I have gamepass and never played Diablo game before.

Holy shit theres a lot of framerate stutter all over the place.

Also, looking at the skill tree (from my lv 20 mage perspective, this game is simpler than Last Epoch. I also like how fluid Last Epoch gameplay feels. Diablo 4 gameplay is stilted, feels like character pauses between every action.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was going to play this season since last was ass, but can this even be considered a season? So they fixed loot, yay but umm what is there to do thats new? Helltide will be there next season, or does that work for Eternal also? If so then id check it out.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you want to revisit an old character most of the fundamental changes are on eternal too. I'll probably go play with my rogue some since a shadow step build is actually theory crafted to be viable now.

If you want to make a new character then there's no reason not to start on seasonal, where there is a rewards line of turn ins that has been very good so far, as well as the seasonal rewards and bonuses.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got up to 32 with a minion Necro build. I'm still not sure why they refuse to just unlock all the waypoints. It's been fun grinding helltides. The other weird thing is they don't let you stay zoomed out towns. Just wtf. Why does it matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gave it a shot again. I don't get it. The prog feels so shitty. Zerging overworld shit with people is so tedious and low effort. Back to PoE I go.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
As usual I didn't follow my plans. Made a Druid, hit 59, and realized I never ate dinner. Guess I am enjoying the update.

• 3Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Loot seems fixed but fighting a lv1 Baltog in Helltide and grinding one zone with one enemy layout for 50 levels is going to get old. At lv25 which has been two helltides.

Is was fun with the vampire season but this is the second time doing the same thing now and they tuned the vampire loot and exp explosions to be more reasonable and therefore less fun.

Gave it a shot again. I don't get it. The prog feels so shitty. Zerging overworld shit with people is so tedious and low effort. Back to PoE I go.
Yeah in PoE you progress through a variety of zones and enemy types which keeps it interesting for longer.

D4 really needs to let go of the level scaling, it makes more sense for evergreen content like in WoW but in a seasonal game you are revisting the low level areas all the time.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Even if I disliked the PoE Campaign run every season it started to grow on me after a while.

I think it has its place in a new season instead of just grinding from level 1. D4s campaign might not be suited for re-runs though as it has more story elements to it than PoEs minimalistic (non existing?) story.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
probably the buggiest night i have played. ran into several "invisible walls" thought it was lag but i could move around and go back where i came from, but just couldn't go to certain places until portaling to town and back. one of the boss in cathedral of light was bugged and couldn't be attacked.

anyway, i don't think just fixed loot is going to keep me playing long this season

Ran into invisible walls almost every time that worm pops from your threat level in helltides.

Few things.

WTF do I need to find waypoints again?

From 1-50 took me about 4 hours. That was with me fuckin around for an hour. Weed, beer ribs...

Seriously. This is so small but big. Running your horse in town is a big damn deal. I don't get frustrated when having to hit different shit in town now.

Zooming out in Helltides is (Trump voice) huuuuge. Feels so much better.

The micro stutter went away for me in about an hour. Clean 170+ frames at 4K Ultra with a 3080ti.

SO FAR I have not noticed the nerf to Barbs outside the size of the of dust devils, and they aren't proccing off each other like crazy, and filling every inch of screen. But the dust devils are still strong. Also they added a couple more things for thorns build.

Even at WT3. The density of mobs is by far the thickest I have seen in any ARPG. That's even without the items that drop to make them even denser!

• 1Like

Daidraco

Ran into invisible walls almost every time that worm pops from your threat level in helltides.

Few things.

WTF do I need to find waypoints again?

From 1-50 took me about 4 hours. That was with me fuckin around for an hour. Weed, beer ribs...

Seriously. This is so small but big. Running your horse in town is a big damn deal. I don't get frustrated when having to hit different shit in town now.

Zooming out in Helltides is (Trump voice) huuuuge. Feels so much better.

The micro stutter went away for me in about an hour. Clean 170+ frames at 4K Ultra with a 3080ti.

SO FAR I have not noticed the nerf to Barbs outside the size of the of dust devils, and they aren't proccing off each other like crazy, and filling every inch of screen. But the dust devils are still strong. Also they added a couple more things for thorns build.

Even at WT3. The density of mobs is by far the thickest I have seen in any ARPG. That's even without the items that drop to make them even denser!
I can "turn down" the settings, but I shouldnt have to on a 13900k w/a 4090 Strix. They still have something fucky going on at ultra high, as I shouldnt be able to run CP2077 with ultra realism mods at a good 50-60 FPS, and this down at 40 something. Its dumb, but.. I didnt play an hour either. Its not just a low frame rate, its.. like you said, some kind fo stutter. Ill be in town at that lower, sluggish FPS, and then be in a dungeon running smooth. If I had to formulate a theory, its where they have a bajillion different phases interconnecting so people can see each other.

The horse being able to go Nascar in town is definitely nice, and the zoomed out screen is really nice. But theres some kind of bug with the horse where if my mouse is too far away from the horse, he'll go ultra retard slow until I bring the mouse closer to him and then he goes nascar. Its an annoying workaround and I shouldnt have to.

The basics of the game seem to be headed in the right direction, but I really do miss the polish that Blizzard used to have.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Micro stutter is back. Not sure what is going on at this point. Will turn everything down and start from scratch on the settings.

Burns

I can "turn down" the settings, but I shouldnt have to on a 13900k w/a 4090 Strix. They still have something fucky going on at ultra high, as I shouldnt be able to run CP2077 with ultra realism mods at a good 50-60 FPS, and this down at 40 something. Its dumb, but.. I didnt play an hour either. Its not just a low frame rate, its.. like you said, some kind fo stutter. Ill be in town at that lower, sluggish FPS, and then be in a dungeon running smooth. If I had to formulate a theory, its where they have a bajillion different phases interconnecting so people can see each other.

The horse being able to go Nascar in town is definitely nice, and the zoomed out screen is really nice. But theres some kind of bug with the horse where if my mouse is too far away from the horse, he'll go ultra retard slow until I bring the mouse closer to him and then he goes nascar. Its an annoying workaround and I shouldnt have to.

The basics of the game seem to be headed in the right direction, but I really do miss the polish that Blizzard used to have.
Sir, have you tried updating your video driver, firmware, and home décor?

• 2Worf