You know you're getting old when.....

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
25 years ago I moved to Sunnyvale, Ca with a Chevy S10, duffel bag and $800 dollars in my pocket.

As of today I’m officially retired from the tech industry and will never have to work again.

1715270506801.jpeg

• 27Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 31 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
25 years ago I moved to Sunnyvale, Ca with a Chevy S10, duffel bag and $800 dollars in my pocket.

As of today I’m officially retired from the tech industry and will never have to work again.

View attachment 528135
Hoping to hit this point soon. The strategy is no longer "how am I going to build a bigger pile" but has shifted to "let's now apply that pile of assets and lock in the rest of my days."

Golden plan/goal is 20-30 acres in the country, Starlink, as self sufficient as I can pull off, and as low a monthly burn rate of cash that I can pull off.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Saw a video on YT for Legend of Grimrock II. "Cool, they released a sequel. I remember playing the first one when it was released two or three years ago!" I look up LoG2 and it was released in 2014... 10 years ago... which means I played LoG1 over a decade ago... Motherfu.....

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Got hearing aids yesterday. The technology is amazing, but still. Two years ago it was new teeth. This year it's new ears. Sigh.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I now officially need readers to use a computer. 2 weeks ago I didn't. this week I do.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm 53 and retired. My sister and her husband are now retired. A girl I dated in high school I recently found out is retired. Like a light switch everyone got old at the same time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm 53 and retired. My sister and her husband are now retired. A girl I dated in high school I recently found out is retired. Like a light switch everyone got old at the same time.
Holy shit! People who are the same age get old at the same time??? Da fuq???

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If I was flying solo I could've retired 5 years ago. This is not what I meant when I said having kids keeps you younger dammit QQ

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Got a question for you old farts. I've had bifocals for a few years but I never used them much. If you go back to my post from a week ago, you'll see that I suddenly started needing readers, so I've been using those bifocals a lot. Now, when I have no glasses I often see a line in my eyesight. At first it seemed like a hair across my eyes, but there was no hair. The line is just like slightly dimmed. Above and below the line looks slightly different but not in a way I can detect or explain. I think the line is approximately where the bifocal line is. The bifocal line moves around based on how I'm wearing my glasses, so there's no way for it to be exact.

Is this normal or do I now have cancer?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a question for you old farts. I've had bifocals for a few years but I never used them much. If you go back to my post from a week ago, you'll see that I suddenly started needing readers, so I've been using those bifocals a lot. Now, when I have no glasses I often see a line in my eyesight. At first it seemed like a hair across my eyes, but there was no hair. The line is just like slightly dimmed. Above and below the line looks slightly different but not in a way I can detect or explain. I think the line is approximately where the bifocal line is. The bifocal line moves around based on how I'm wearing my glasses, so there's no way for it to be exact.

Is this normal or do I now have cancer?
It’s 100% butt cancer. However, you should definitely go see an optometrist just to check that I’m right.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user