2013 NFL Playoffs

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Come on. Its fun to make fun of the Giants because of the success they have had in recent years. Its like making fun of the Yankees or Patriots if they had a bad year. The fans cant get but so mad because of the championships. Now making fun of the Browns or Chiefs or something, thats just mean.

For this weekends games, i see Indy beating the hell out of Baltimore for some reason. Think Flacco is gonna have a terrible game and fans are gonna turn on him in offseason and want a QB change.
Think Cinci/Houston is gonna come down to the wire and Schaub is either gonna win or lose the game on a last minute drive. My gut says he throws a pick and the 5 and 6 seeds advance in AFC.

For NFC, i would love to see Minnesota beat Green Bay again but i just cant see it happening up at Lambeau. I think Vikes fall behind early and Ponder isnt capable of bringing them back.
As a Skins fan, i have to pick them over Seattle, but would not be surprised at all for Seattle to win. Both teams have been playing their best at the end of the year so should be a close game either way, probably low scoring with both teams relying on the running game. The difference will likely come down to a turnover or a special teams play.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Billy Cundoff should of made the kick but the coach should of called a time out to let him get set and the play clock shouldn't of been wrong in the stadium

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cathan, don't you have some dead dogs to bury or something? Or a fat wife to get divorced from? A step daughter to beat? Much more important than insulting the Giants lol.
Is that supposed to bother me? Really? Is that the best you can do with almost a phd(umbass) in philosophy?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As a Skins fan, i have to pick them over Seattle, but would not be surprised at all for Seattle to win. Both teams have been playing their best at the end of the year so should be a close game either way, probably low scoring with both teams relying on the running game. The difference will likely come down to a turnover or a special teams play.
I have a hard time seeing it as a low scoring game on both sides. The Redskins defense is mediocre at best, especially the secondary, so if it IS a close game, it will be because both offenses are going berserk and racking up points. Unfortunately, as much as I love the Skins' offense, I have a hard time seeing them keep pace with Seattle's points against Seattle's much better defense.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I got
Seahawks over Redskins
Packers over Vikings
Bengals over Texans
Colts over Ravens

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking as a Packer Fan here.

I am still personally iffy on the Packers in the post season. I am reasonably confidant we can take out the Vikes at home, but I honestly feel that to be the most risky game, aside from a highly unlikely NFC Conferance Championship that would have them hosting the Redskins. I think the Packers can beat the current incarnation of the 49ers in San Fran and they are certainly capable of beating Atlanta at home. Peterson remains their biggest obstacle to the superbowl. My tenative picks are Washington over Seattle, Packers over Vikings, then Atlanta over Washington, Packers over 49ers. Then Packers over Atalanta. If Peterson has a monster day next weekend, then its likely San Frans year to go to the Superbowl. I see either scenario likely, since the Packer/Viking game is a coin flip in my mind. Its also pretty likely that McCarthy will coach a really shitty game at some point, though he seems to be more focused on the road (hence my biggest concern being the Viking game) than he is at home.

In the AFC, I think the Bengals win over the Texans, the Colts over Baltimore. In the Division round, I see Denver over the Colts and New England destroying the Bengals. Championship will be Denver over New England, since there will be no home cooking going on in Denver for Bellichek.

If the Superbowl is indeed the Packers and Broncos, I think Denver likely wins that game by around 31-24. If San Fran goes, I see them winning it 21-17, as their defense is a much better match against Manning and they have an actual committment to the running game. Plus, Harbaugh is just plain a much better coach than McCarthy and is able to adapt better. I say this as a firm lifelong Packer fan: Even if we make it to the SB, we are not likely to win it.

ps- Seattle might make it past the Redskins, but not any further than that. They can't win without their own refs and crowd noise.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Speaking as a Packer Fan here.

I am still personally iffy on the Packers in the post season. I am reasonably confidant we can take out the Vikes at home, but I honestly feel that to be the most risky game, aside from a highly unlikely NFC Conferance Championship that would have them hosting the Redskins. I think the Packers can beat the current incarnation of the 49ers in San Fran and they are certainly capable of beating Atlanta at home. Peterson remains their biggest obstacle to the superbowl. My tenative picks are Washington over Seattle, Packers over Vikings, then Atlanta over Washington, Packers over 49ers. Then Packers over Atalanta. If Peterson has a monster day next weekend, then its likely San Frans year to go to the Superbowl. I see either scenario likely, since the Packer/Viking game is a coin flip in my mind. Its also pretty likely that McCarthy will coach a really shitty game at some point, though he seems to be more focused on the road (hence my biggest concern being the Viking game) than he is at home.

In the AFC, I think the Bengals win over the Texans, the Colts over Baltimore.In the Division round, I see Denver over the Colts and New England destroying the Bengals.Championship will be Denver over New England, since there will be no home cooking going on in Denver for Bellichek.

If the Superbowl is indeed the Packers and Broncos, I think Denver likely wins that game by around 31-24. If San Fran goes, I see them winning it 21-17, as their defense is a much better match against Manning and they have an actual committment to the running game. Plus, Harbaugh is just plain a much better coach than McCarthy and is able to adapt better. I say this as a firm lifelong Packer fan: Even if we make it to the SB, we are not likely to win it.

ps- Seattle might make it past the Redskins, but not any further than that. They can't win without their own refs and crowd noise.
You have those matchups switched. Cincinnati will play Denver if they beat the Texans. I don't think the outcome will be any different though. I am expecting a Pats/Broncos AFC Championship game.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
NFC:

Wild Card Round
Green Bay loses to Minnesota
Seattle over Washington

Divisional
minnesota over Atlanta
San Francisco over seattle

Championship
san fran over minnesota

AFC:

Wild Card
Cincinnati over houston
Indianapolis over Baltimore

Divisional
Denver over cincinnati
New England over indianapolis

Championship
New England over Denver

SUPER BOWL
New England over san fran in the rematch.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Im changing my pick from Colts to Ravens, that team is gonna be so fired up with Ray Lewis about to retire

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Time to let my homer bias shine through (and jinx them at the same time).

Denver over Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anybody not predicting a Vikings superbowl championship is just deluding themselves. AP is coming back with a VENGEANCE against Green Bay and is personally going to injure Raji for not getting those last 9 yards and will tie Clay Matthews' gorgeous locks of hair around himself and proceed to carry him along as dead weight on each run to give himself more of a challenge.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Anybody not predicting a Vikings superbowl championship is just deluding themselves. AP is coming back with a VENGEANCE against Green Bay and is personally going to injure Raji for not getting those last 9 yards and will tie Clay Matthews' gorgeous locks of hair around himself and proceed to carry him along as dead weight on each run to give himself more of a challenge.
Vikes lose by 2 scores at least in the WC game.

Sorry, bro.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You have those matchups switched. Cincinnati will play Denver if they beat the Texans. I don't think the outcome will be any different though. I am expecting a Pats/Broncos AFC Championship game.
Derp. But yeah. Same result.
Plus, anyone thinking the Vikes will make it deep in the playoffs is deluding themselves. They might beat Greenbay because it is outdoors and cold as hell, but I think its a tossup. Peterson has a tendancy to not show up in cold weather games as much and there won't be crowd noise piped behind the GB bench through loudspeakers, either. The biggest concern is if McCarthy actually adjusts correctly at half time or does his usual diabetic coma and assumes Rodgers will pull his ass out of the fire. If the Vikes did make it past Greenbay, then every other team they would potentially face in the playoffs has a strong run defense across the board. They barely eaked by a beat up Packer team last week in their own dome with everything in their favor. They are not going to have that kind of favorable situation again in the post season. Further, I hope AP does not get MVP because he is a selfish dickhead when push comes to shove. He laid down when they had Favre that first year and a real shot at a title and now that they have a no name guy he suddenly wants to play? He is not as bad a Randy Moss or Percy Harvin, but he has a well established history of putting himself ahead of the team. That said, he is an amazing talent when he choses to play and probably will get the MVP over a much more deserving Manning.

I see Seattle in the same light, really. When they can drum up crowd noise (and the refs) at home they look really amazing, but the moment they go elsewhere they become pretty mediocre, aside from beating up on a couple of spiraling teams (like the Bears lol) who would struggle playing college squads. They may sneak past the Redskins, but no way in hell do they beat a team with actual playoff experience in their own house.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is that supposed to bother me? Really? Is that the best you can do with almost a phd(umbass) in philosophy?
No, I'm saying you have other things that should be preoccupying your time instead of trying to insult the Giants. Idiot.

The only thing I want to see out of the NFC is Atlanta lose their first game, and GB and SF or GB and Seattle going at it. Should be a beautiful sight.

As for AFC, I think we all want Peyton vs. Tommy at least one more time. Texans are frauds.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
No, I'm saying you have other things that should be preoccupying your time instead of trying to insult the Giants. Idiot.
You cut me deep bro, real deep. You wanna come down here and run my life for me? I'll kick back and bandwagon the Giants just as good as you. I will even master the herp a derp Eli faces.

Yall hear that? That's the sound of the Giants fading away... I'm sure Itlan will slip out quietly with them...