2013 Oscar Nominations

Fiddler

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of all the best picture nominations Argo was my favorite and any movie with Brian Cranston (well except for Total Recall remake which sucked the big one) is ok with me.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I was sort of expecting Cloud Atlas to at least grab nomination for makeup, but it's the same people who couldn't even bother giving Daft Punk nomination for Tron soundtrack :-/

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I saw beasts of the southern wild last night. Was pretty disappointed as it's a dumb movie.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should just rename the thread to "Araysar hates everything, trolls everybody, and believes the CIA is worse than terrorists thread" so nobody else will have to waste time reading it. Or just "Araysar being a dumbfuck" would work too, though that is redundant.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like someone really liked Zero Dark Thirty.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
By the way, what is up with Daniel Day Lewis constantly doing Americana period pieces? i just realized it this morning.

Last of the Mohicans - 1750s
Gangs of New York - 1860s
There Will Be Blood - 1880s
Lincoln - 1860s
The Age of Innocence - 1880s
The Crucible - 1600s

Silence_sl

shitlord
By the way, what is up with Daniel Day Lewis constantly doing Americana period pieces? i just realized it this morning.

Lincoln - 1860s
The Crucible - 1600s
Wow, I had no idea he's that old.

iannis

Musty Nester

Lincoln - 1860s
The Crucible - 1600s
Well, that's the reason right there. I'm going to guess Mohicans is probably the one on that list that made the least money. Beautiful movie with some truly stunning and amazing scenes but the initial editing was so completely fucked up. At some point I think they made a directors cut. At least I watched it again sometime last year and was surprised that it actually made a coherent story, as opposed to the first time I watched it over ten years ago and nothing made a damn bit of sense it was so disjointed.

Safe, steady money.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
DDL doesn't do movies for money, he does movies because he likes the roles. I'm guessing he's just a history buff.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not calling him a whore, but of course he does movies for the money. Sure he might do them for free and fun but he'd be working as a waiter to pay his rent. You can have a passion for what you do and want to get paid the most traffic will bear at the same time. That's what I mean. If he was a whore he could whore out like most of the others do. Cage, Cruise, Will Smith, all self-confessed whores and I'm not even talking about the action stars. Even Depp has gotten a little whorey in the past few years. I'd put DDL up in Depp's category as an actor. For me, that's a very high category. Only old British actors can attain higher. Cain, Dench, O'Toole. This is science.

Szlia

Actually, he would be a shoemaker, as he did a multiple years shoe making apprenticeship in Italy in the late '90s. Yep.