2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holtby came to play tonight. Gonna be tough for the Rangers to win if he keeps playing like this.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just hold your breath until a shootout happens. We'll check on you in October.

Best part about the 1st was the entire NBC announce team going silent for a couple seconds after the Ovechkin goal. You could just feel how sad and pissed they were until they remembered they had to comment on it.
It happened on the first PP too. It was like, "Uh, yeah...Caps...on the PP."

You shitting me? 3 PPs in a row? Fucking Green.

Merrith

Mike Green single-handedly trying to give the game to the Rags. Bet the refs wish they hadn't overlooked the high stick to Bura now, #gamemanagment

Merrith

LOL @ Pierre bitching for Too Many Men. Make it obvious who you're cheering for. I'm sure he forgot all about this:

rrr_img_97875.jpg

Merrith

Was there a sixth attacker? I haven't heard that one yet.
Neither have I, didn't think the guy had even gotten on, either way Lundqvist was literally at the bench, there is a bit of a "grace area" where one guy is close enough for the other to get on.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah. I've read a lot of comments about it that are adamant that it happens all the time, and then an equal number saying that in the regular season, the goalie has to come all the way off 100% of the time. So fuck if I know.

I figure Merrith watched a shit load of games this year, but were the Caps forcing the puck to Ovi as much as they have on the PP during the regular season? Shit's getting annoying. It's like no one wants to shoot it as they're all trying to set him up for the perfect shot.

Malakriss

Boyle was riding real low there while being harassed by Kuz. Aside from crouching like a baseball catcher I don't know how Orpik could not hit him up high on that.

Araxen

So ECF Game 1 is on Saturday and WCF Game 1 is on Sunday. NHL Playoff scheduling is so bizarre.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I thought the announcer talking about how quiet the crowd is was pretty funny.
"they are tired... they are stressed.. the caps fans would be quiet too i bet"

Merrith

Of course...it'll be a 2-1 OT Game 7

Becomes only the 2nd series in NHL history to have 7 games be decided by only 1 goal. The only other was Caps/Bruins in '12. Joel Ward, it's your time.