2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, crazy finish. It can never just be easy. That fucking delay of game bullshit call almost ruined a great hockey game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ugh, crazy finish. It can never just be easy. That fucking delay of game bullshit call almost ruined a great hockey game.
Terrible call. I wouldn't have cried over it if it had caused OT though, as in a vacuum, I think the waved off goal for Ward in Game 5 should have counted. Still, that bad of a DOG call in that important of a situation is why they're going to let coaches challenge some calls in the future. In general I think the call itself is stupid too, 9 times out of 10 the player is NOT trying to send the puck over the glass.

Merrith

Everyone suddenly remembers the Caps were playing in a playoff series, against the Rangers no less, so if you thought it wasn't going 7, you should feel shame.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Everyone suddenly remembers the Caps were playing in a playoff series, against the Rangers no less, so if you thought it wasn't going 7, you should feel shame.
Yeah, not even a little suprised about it going to 7. Sure didn't think we would need to win three In a row to advance though. I don't know, I have a really bad feeling about Wed though. I just don't see us pulling the same miracle as last year. I hope it's at least a good game and not a blowout.

Merrith

Yeah, not even a little suprised about it going to 7. Sure didn't think we would need to win three In a row to advance though. I don't know, I have a really bad feeling about Wed though. I just don't see us pulling the same miracle as last year. I hope it's at least a good game and not a blowout.
Game 7's can be weird blowouts, but I don't get that feel for Wednesday. I think it's going to be a tense, 2-1 game one way or the other. Also, trying to extend your team record for 1 goal playoff games and trying to become only the 2nd series in playoff history to go 7 games and have every game decided by only one goal (first time was Caps/Bruins with Joel Ward OT winner in Game 7)

Malakriss

I don't see the Caps being 2 minutes or an OT goal away from winning the series and then tanking both the next two games, but you never know.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Tanked may not be the best word to describe it, but I get your meaning. This was a weird series right from the start (that fucking buzzer beater!) The Rangers may have been playing catch up since game one, but the only time I thought we might be fucked was when trailing in game 5 and that didn't last long. Both teams have played pretty solid and each individual game could of gone either way easy. Puck luck was the biggest factor in this series and I mean that as high praise for both benches.

Long story short I don't think many diehard fans of either team will be suprised by either outcome.

......especially the Caps though cuz lolol

Merrith

I think they will. Especially with the bolts missing Cally.
I think missing him will have more of a mental impact on Tampa than missing what his actual play brings to the table...but yeah I think Habs have a good shot at it. Also, if that series goes back to Montreal for Game 7, I'd put Habs' chances at winning it at above 90%.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I think missing him will have more of a mental impact on Tampa than missing what his actual play brings to the table...but yeah I think Habs have a good shot at it. Also, if that series goes back to Montreal for Game 7, I'd put Habs' chances at winning it at above 90%.
In my estimation what he brings to the table is some of, if not THE, best net presence in the league. I can't imagine that wont be missed facing a desperate Price. Not just Rangers loyalty here, he is seriously dangerous around the net.

Of course with Stamkos out there who knows. He don't need no stinkin' rebounds or tips.