2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably pissed that it came off in the first place. Especially that early in the game.

Pens equipment manager Dana Heinze(pronounce Hine-Z) is a sort of celebrity among diehard Pens fans. 34k Twitter followers. I have no idea if this is a normal thing for other teams, but I feel like it probably is. Hockey camaraderie is amazing the way it brings the fans in to the fold.

edit: Crosby and Sheary both skated today, full practice I believe.

And Ovie was practicing with the 3rd line...

I didn't see how the blade came out, did he get hit with a shot (most obvious guess)?

Yeah I read that Sid said he felt good even the day after the hit. Since he's skated multiple times since, I'm assuming he hasn't had symptoms flare up. He could play tomorrow night. No idea with Sheary, I actually think he took the harder hit of the two (and even more unsuspecting given it was friendly fire).

It's funny, a big Caps posted on Twitter mentioned the idea of moving Ovechkin (or Oshie) to 3rd line for this series to sort of do with Pens did last year with Sid, Malkin, and Kessel all on different lines. More to the point though, sounds like we're rolling 7D and only 11 forwards again like we have the last couple games...and Ovechkin would be the obvious candidate to double shift. Since about Game 5 of the Toronto series, Trotz really shortened the bench and wasn't even giving the 4th line 10 minutes a game. Connolly been sitting out because he hasn't done much of late. 0 points in his 7 playoff games. Not that he's alone in the bottom 6 not producing, but when Trotz swapped Wilson up to Connolly's spot on the 3rd line, Wilson scored twice while Connolly continued to suck.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Avery got suspended like 9 years ago for telling Phaneuf he got sloppy seconds with his wife Elisha Cuthbert, whom Avery used to date. After all this time they brought the chant back, impressive.

Then they go on to ruin it by chanting "USA USA" a little later.... Fucking cringe.

Was kind of fun watching the sens resort to goonery out of frustration that there shitty 1-3-1 game hasn't been working. Every fight they picked saw them getting beat down. Ottawa has led 4:11 this entire series to the Rangers 149:56. Really too bad we derped a three goal lead in game two and let them rob us, really wish we were up 3-1. Have a bad feeling about tm, wish they had that other series in the afternoon instead of us getting the shaft again. These early games are usually a shitshow. On the plus side, EK's foot is literally about to fall off so wouldn't suprised if they finally spare the poor guy and keep him out. Really unfortunate for Ottawa, without a healthy EK their system just falls apart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Rangers seem to have gained control of that series, though. 2 pretty dominant wins on home ice.

Merrith

Holy fuck Mighty Ducks indeed. Unreal 3 goals with goalie pulled in 3 minutes to comeback from 0-3. 3-3 OT coming up. This is insane. Anyone who left that game early should feel like shit.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy fuck Mighty Ducks indeed. Unreal 3 goals with goalie pulled in 3 minutes to comeback from 0-3. 3-3 OT coming up. This is insane. Anyone who left that game early should feel like shit.
I won't even lie. Being the shitty hockey fan that I am, I was watching the game until Edmonton scored the 3rd goal, and then I turned it off and went and watched a show with my wife. I glanced and saw the score at 3-0 with like 3:30 left and assumed they lost.

I am afraid to turn it on and watch, cause clearly I would jinx them!

Merrith

I won't even lie. Being the shitty hockey fan that I am, I was watching the game until Edmonton scored the 3rd goal, and then I turned it off and went and watched a show with my wife. I glanced and saw the score at 3-0 with like 3:30 left and assumed they lost.

I am afraid to turn it on and watch, cause clearly I would jinx them!

I don't want to mess with jinxing it, but it's a hell of a game. OT was nuts, Ducks got trapped a few times on long shifts (1st OT always long change period) and icings had very tired guys on, but survived. Some crazy chances for them though, shot snuck through Talbot and was sitting behind him in the crease but got cleared before any Duck saw it. Unreal game. I feel like this happens so often when series are 2-2, Game 5 goes to OT and it ends up being epic.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I had to watch it, and what a fucking win! That was pretty amazing

Merrith

I had to watch it, and what a fucking win! That was pretty amazing

UNREAL. Just an epic comeback and game. Young Oilers learning their lessons. Just sick. Anaheim deserved it completely in 2OT too. All over them.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the 1st OT was not pretty for Anaheim for the most part, but they absolutely owned them that 2nd OT.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yikes, that's a tough one to come back from if you're Edmonton. Very deflating, hope they can shake it off and push it to game 7. That tieing goal was very questionable, Kesler was physically opening up Talbots 5 hole and holding his stick. I would be super pissed but they shouldn't have let it come to that to begin with.

• 1Like

Merrith

Went to the game tonight. Almost seemed sleepy through 40 minutes, 18-10 in shots, just not much going on at all. Literally only 9 shots combined in the 2nd period. Then the 3rd happened. The Ovechkin on the 3rd line experiment can go away though, Eller doesn't do as good a job carrying the puck or finding guys as we need. Get Ovechkin the puck in space, and he's burned Fleury top shelf twice in the series.

Sid looked completely full speed, nice assist on that PP goal, was battling in corners. Monday night up there is going to be insanely tough. I believe.

• 1Like

Merrith

This Edmonton game. Holy shit. The passing on the hatty and 7th goal was just amazing. NBC savage as fuck too after the 5-0 1st replaying interview with Ducks pregame talking about how they need to get off to a good start.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Edmonton came out on fire. Ducks better wake up for the next game

Merrith

Sid is going to die on the ice....

Carlson didn't look like that was going to be a good result for him at first.

Then honestly the scariest play was Hornqvist's face coming that close to Niskanen's skate blade. Eyes, neck...all kinds of worry there. I saw blood on the towel they were holding to him, hopefully just on his cheek or something and quick fix.

Merrith

Not all heroes wear capes...

C_WQZR9XYAE9SFW.jpg