2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That was some fun hockey to watch. I'd have preferred a Washington win, but they didn't earn it tonight.

I'm so pulling for an Edmonton win tonight.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Be back next year for Disappointment, the 2017-2018 Washington Capitals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be back next year for Disappointment, the 2017-2018 Washington Capitals.

Not sure we'll get as far. That roster is going to look a lot different. Can pretty much say bon voyage to at least Williams, Alzner, Shattenkirk, Winnik...potentially Oshie too. Likely Grubauer in the expansion draft, too.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think this was their best shot. Kind of just a shitty draw in the Pens.

Probably time to move on from hockey. Caps blew it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That was a good game 7 there between Anaheim and Edmonton. Yay for breaking the game 7 curse?

Merrith

Kuznetsov and Orlov to Worlds for Russia...no Ovechkin though, lower body injury. Said he didn't want to let the team down, was said he was playing on pain-killer injections in playoffs. I'm assuming the Kadri hit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too bad for Edmonton. They had a good year, though, and I expect we'll see them have another good one next year.

Edmonton and Toronto will be pretty awesome for the next few years(hot take, I know). Should be great fun to watch.

West series is way more interesting. Any chance Anaheim can solve the Preds D/Rinne riddle? Asking because I know fuckall about the West for the most part.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Edmonton and Toronto will be pretty awesome for the next few years(hot take, I know). Should be great fun to watch.

West series is way more interesting. Any chance Anaheim can solve the Preds D/Rinne riddle? Asking because I know fuckall about the West for the most part.

I think Ducks getting over that Game 7 hump is big for them, but I just don't know. Nashville is solid as hell when they're getting that production from their top line, along with their D (seriously their D has put up some points in the playoffs). If Rinne continues his play I think Preds win in 6 or 7.

• 1Solidarity

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Nashville, Anaheim, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. No wonder the NHL is in danger of falling behind soccer in America.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Pittsburgh has national pull for sure. But to say that is interesting is a lie. The NHL has to be pissed at these matchups. I guess worst case scenario was an Edmonton/Ottawa cup.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pittsburgh has national pull for sure. But to say that is interesting is a lie. The NHL has to be pissed at these matchups. I guess worst case scenario was an Edmonton/Ottawa cup.

Yeah, the NHL probably wishes they could get an NY vs LA or NY vs Dallas matchup every year. Maybe even an NJ vs LA or NJ vs Dallas.

Merrith

NHL already had a pretty good ratings series with Caps/Pens. I think worst case for them would be Nasville/Ottawa at this point.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd have paid good money for Edmonton/Ottawa, but I'm Canadian, and I'm from Ottawa. It would have been disastrous for ratings in the States. One Canadian team in the finals polarizes American fans. Two would probably destroy viewership altogether.

I find all the salt about Ottawa hilarious, by the way. Too bad they're probably gonna get trounced by the Pens. We don't get to see them go this far most years, so it's fun to be a fan here right now.

Ottawa and Pittsburgh are interesting.

We actually have a decent, albeit one-sided, rivalry with them. They've won every time we've met them in the playoffs. We beat the average this year in regular season play, though, so we'll see.

• 1Like

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd have paid good money for Edmonton/Ottawa, but I'm Canadian, and I'm from Ottawa. It would have been disastrous for ratings in the States. One Canadian team in the finals polarizes American fans. Two would probably destroy viewership altogether.

I find all the salt about Ottawa hilarious, by the way. Too bad they're probably gonna get trounced by the Pens. We don't get to see them go this far most years, so it's fun to be a fan here right now.

We actually have a decent, albeit one-sided, rivalry with them. They've won every time we've met them in the playoffs. We beat the average this year in regular season play, though, so we'll see.

Lol oh god now we're both going to be distracted during raids :)

• 1Solidarity